August 25, 2019, 01:44:04 AM

Author Topic: Silva Confirmed as new manager  (Read 21379 times)

July 26, 2018, 05:12:43 PM
Reply #375

Macca77

I honestly don't understand their thinking at all, surely they lost their right to any compo on the day the sacked him

July 26, 2018, 05:16:13 PM
Reply #376

Alanvideo

I honestly don't understand their thinking at all, surely they lost their right to any compo on the day the sacked him
...............you can read the statement t's in the Echo . So now it's not about money they just want to be twats and see us get a fine or points deduction.
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 26, 2018, 05:17:38 PM
Reply #377

Macca77

...............you can read the statement t's in the Echo . So now it's not about money they just want to be twats and see us get a fine or points deduction.

Copy and paste please, can't be doing with all the adverts in the echo, takes ages to open it

July 26, 2018, 05:19:29 PM
Reply #378

Jamokachi

Anyone actually read the statement?

Yep, forfeited any right to compensation, so it's not about the money.

July 26, 2018, 05:21:20 PM
Reply #379

GrantyBoy78

If they do indeed have evidence that we breached the rules, then weíre fucked and will probably get fined/points deducted. We might be able to get the FA to brush it under the carpet but highlighting other instances where this has occurred and teams havenít been punished and the FA not acted accordingly. FA might want this to go away.

July 26, 2018, 05:21:53 PM
Reply #380

Ramjam

I donít think the FA will be interested in it as Watford didnít follow proper procedures
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 26, 2018, 05:22:36 PM
Reply #381

Jamokachi

Watford FC feels compelled to make the following statement in a bid to correct erroneous and misleading media reports concerning an ongoing dispute with Everton FC.

The club have made an official complaint to the Premier League over an allegation of an illegal approach to former manager, Marco Silva.

The complaint to the Premier League makes clear the seriousness of the allegation and what the club believes is overwhelming evidence of a clear breach of Premier League rules.

At the request of the Premier League we entered into mediation with Everton in a process that involved club officials and their respective legal teams, with no conclusion being reached.

Therefore the disciplinary process continues. In pursuing its disciplinary claim, the club has known from the outset it forfeited any right to compensation as a consequence of not following a proposed arbitration process.

We believe this situation is not about a compensation figure but the principle of making a stand when the actions of one Premier League club completely undermine and cause intrinsic damage to a fellow member club.

We trust in the Premier League to fully investigate the complaint and we will comply with that process.

The club will be making no further comment

https://www.watfordfc.com/club/club-statement-watford-fc-official-statement

July 26, 2018, 05:27:23 PM
Reply #382

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
The complaint should have been made at the time - not months after his sacking. A good lawyer should be able to defend this easily - just look at point above, Watford's actions with previous managers plus the fact that they have forfeited compensation.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 26, 2018, 05:32:32 PM
Reply #383

sam of the south

This is quite spiteful, to be honest.

They are basically saying they want us to have points deducted.

That is no way for a fellow football club to conduct themselves.

Itís Kopite behaviour.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 26, 2018, 05:38:26 PM
Reply #384

Sixx1402

This is quite spiteful, to be honest.

They are basically saying they want us to have points deducted.

That is no way for a fellow football club to conduct themselves.

Itís Kopite behaviour.

It's exactly what they're after.

I hope the don't have any grounds for it as starting the season on minus points will be shit.

It's never happened to any other premier league club as far as I can remember, would just be our luck though
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

July 26, 2018, 05:39:19 PM
Reply #385

Ross

We've obviously done something very wrong here.

Apart from worse case scenario points deduction (which I doubt weíll get) all this negative publicity heaps more pressure on Silva to be an instant success because the media and pundits will be jumping all over him/us and asking questions right from the start.

What is interesting is iirc the club media friendly journalists at the time were quick to distance Kenwright from the managerial hunt.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 26, 2018, 05:52:46 PM
Reply #386

Macca77

There is no way we will get a points deduction, if we've genuinely done wrong then we will get our legs slapped and be told not to do it again

July 26, 2018, 05:54:13 PM
Reply #387

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
4d chess from watford
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 26, 2018, 05:54:45 PM
Reply #388

gizzblue

It's exactly what they're after.

I hope the don't have any grounds for it as starting the season on minus points will be shit.

It's never happened to any other premier league club as far as I can remember, would just be our luck though

Nobody had ever been banned after the fact for diving ....so we are deffo a club for firsts. .....especially when it means the fa have to make an example of someone ....
I mean they can't be giving band id points deductions to one of the media darlings .
Born not made a blue .

July 26, 2018, 05:55:36 PM
Reply #389

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

If every team was to get a points deduction for dubious activity, then Liverpool would have won the league by September - as we all know they have never done anything wrong, ever. It would be just our luck for us to be an example, a-la the Niasse dive ban.