October 23, 2018, 10:44:23 PM

Author Topic: James Maddison  (Read 12291 times)

June 03, 2018, 04:45:43 AM
Reply #90

Lxxx

Stop moaning about it then! ;)

Fair point. Iím just in an arsey mood mood as Iím working on a Saturday night. Nothing a beer wonít solve shortly.

June 03, 2018, 04:52:46 AM
Reply #91

howard1334

Is it just me or is he displaying in the vid what we all wanted Barkley to show a bit more of. Technique, composure and quick feet to beat a man, explosive pace to get away from them, direct running into the danger areas causing panic and mistakes from opposition, and a very varied range of passing and finishing throughout.

This is also just a really fun video to watch. Really entertaining player. Norwich supporters must love him.

June 03, 2018, 05:08:45 AM
Reply #92

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Weíve got more than enough potential in this squad. What we need are 2-3 players of the ability to walk straight into the 1st team and improve us from the off.

Weíve got about 35 players in our bloated squad. We lack proper quality at the minute, much rather we spend all our cash this summer on players whoíll make a difference not another punt on a player who might be ready in a few years.

Donít really get this logic. Squads bloated and we lack quality - so only sign players who can immediately contribute and donít plan for the future?

Thatís the exact opposite of what we need. Weíve got enough experience, what we need to do now is plan for the future and build for the next phase of the side.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 03, 2018, 05:19:19 AM
Reply #93

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Maddison, lookman, Davies, DCL.

Four top quality players we can start to build our attack around there.

June 03, 2018, 05:21:41 AM
Reply #94

Shogun

Administrator
Maddison, lookman, Davies, DCL.

Four top quality players we can start to build our attack around there.

What about when we're 19th in November and bring Pulis in?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 03, 2018, 05:48:39 AM
Reply #95

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Barring injury we know that Sigurdsson and Walcott will be good players.

We donít know how young players will turn out but most donít make it, so having an extra one makes sense in terms of hedging our bets.

June 03, 2018, 06:07:52 AM
Reply #96

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Barring injury we know that Sigurdsson and Walcott will be good players.

We donít know how young players will turn out but most donít make it, so having an extra one makes sense in terms of hedging our bets.

Also I canít imagine we have many more summers of spending with reckless abandon in the pot - we need to buy assets that will increase in value.

Your Walcott, Sigurdsson, Bolasieís will not.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 03, 2018, 06:53:16 AM
Reply #97

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
DCL is not someone to build your team around. Average squad player at best. Never going to get us to finish 4th
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 03, 2018, 08:14:53 AM
Reply #98

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Still donít see what DCL offers. Heís another striker who doesnít score goals.

Maybe heíll improve but Iím sure we need better to get higher.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

June 03, 2018, 08:38:35 AM
Reply #99

Shogun

Administrator
Last season was DCL's first full season for us as a first team player so I don't think we should assume that's the best he's going to be.

Especially when you consider how dreadful we were last season, on and off the pitch.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 03, 2018, 09:21:29 AM
Reply #100

kramer0

Heís 21.

June 03, 2018, 09:21:51 AM
Reply #101

Ramjam

I think DCL needs to be cut a wee bit of slack, heís young and still learning the ropes, I donít think Ronaldo would have scored more than a dozen for us last year with the shit service being provided to the Lone Ranger we played with up front every game. DCL does need to sharpen up his finishing though as he did miss a few sitters
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 03, 2018, 10:59:41 AM
Reply #102

KoemansNumberTens

I think DCL needs to be cut a wee bit of slack, heís young and still learning the ropes, I donít think Ronaldo would have scored more than a dozen for us last year with the shit service being provided to the Lone Ranger we played with up front every game. DCL does need to sharpen up his finishing though as he did miss a few sitters

You donít think Ronaldo would have scored more than 12 goals for us? Rooney got 10 in half a season

June 03, 2018, 11:11:17 AM
Reply #103

Ramjam

You don't think Ronaldo would have scored more than 12 goals for us? Rooney got 10 in half a season
Figure of speech mate, but you must admit not many strikers would have scored many more for us last season, what was our average shots per game and chances created? not many at all as our backs were against the wall regardless of who we played but I'm sure one of the stat gurus on her would be able to give you a more accurate summary than I could.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 03, 2018, 11:33:07 AM
Reply #104

KoemansNumberTens

Figure of speech mate, but you must admit not many strikers would have scored many more for us last season, what was our average shots per game and chances created? not many at all as our backs were against the wall regardless of who we played but I'm sure one of the stat gurus on her would be able to give you a more accurate summary than I could.

No we were pretty shit to be fair. I really donít think much of DCL though I do seem to be in a minority