December 13, 2018, 02:41:34 AM

Author Topic: Brands/Silva live press conference  (Read 5091 times)

June 04, 2018, 08:30:57 PM
Reply #15

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
They quoted the 38 first team players detail as well.
Got to assume they're wanting 15 off the books (by sale/release/loan) before anybody is seriously considered to be coming in.

Maybe a lot of them swap deals that the lads all love doing the rounds this year?

June 04, 2018, 08:34:13 PM
Reply #16

blue1948

Got to assume they're wanting 15 off the books (by sale/release/loan) before anybody is seriously considered to be coming in.

Maybe a lot of them swap deals that the lads all love doing the rounds this year?
They said there are positions they need players ,nothing to do with who goes or not.If you would have listened!

June 04, 2018, 08:35:27 PM
Reply #17

blue slug

I think a squad of 25-28 players is sufficient, hopefully get rid of a lot of wage sapping mediocre players and get 5 quality players

June 04, 2018, 08:38:08 PM
Reply #18

Macca77

Expect a lot of the deadwood to shipped out along with Rooney, the likes of

Besic
Mirallas
Stekleburg
Garbutt
Robles
Sandro
Martina
Funes Mori
Galloway
Tarashaj
Williams

June 04, 2018, 08:43:53 PM
Reply #19

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, whilst there is
They said there are positions they need players ,nothing to do with who goes or not.If you would have listened!

Incorrect

I think a squad of 25-28 players is sufficient, hopefully get rid of a lot of wage sapping mediocre players and get 5 quality players

yeah, 25 seems to be the magic number for the most part doesnt it? i think 5 new arrivals may be pushing it. I can't help but feel a high number of incomings starts to do more harm than good.

Expect a lot of the deadwood to shipped out along with Rooney,

Whilst there is no real cap on how much we spend on players, Brands is already on record as saying oue wage bill is too high as a percentage. So i think you will see a fair amount of movement like this.

They spoke a lot today about looking at the squad and then the youth before looking outside. It will be due to the wage bill. They're only going to be green-lighting a signing when the appropriate wage is all but assured to be heading out of the club as well.

June 04, 2018, 08:45:20 PM
Reply #20

Waltzer

Robles is off, we then have Rooney, Baines, Jags, Williams, Stek and Browning all expiring in 2019. The biggest concern has to be the 3 defenders mentioned, none should be offered new deals imo so we really need to strengthen there, if it wasnt obvious before.
I expect a lot of the fringe players or those out on loan to be the easiest to ship out, Besic, Pennington etc. The difficulties will have will be with the ones we really want to get rid of like Miralles, McCarthy, Bolasie, Sandro etc all of whom are on stupid wages and long contracts, can see us almost paying as much in getting rid of players as we will on incoming when you take into account wage contributions, loyalty bonuses etc

June 04, 2018, 08:50:18 PM
Reply #21

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I’m a huge fan of big marcel.

June 04, 2018, 09:00:00 PM
Reply #22

Macca77

Quality, not quantity needed this summer.

June 04, 2018, 09:04:33 PM
Reply #23

blue slug

Totally agree macca, when you loo at what we have spent lately on players all around 20-30m mark and most of them are just average

June 04, 2018, 09:09:24 PM
Reply #24

KoemansNumberTens

Only thing they got wrong is calling Rooney a club legend

Bit laughable that. There’s a list a mile long of players who’ve done more

June 04, 2018, 09:11:36 PM
Reply #25

Hawkandro

Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

June 04, 2018, 09:11:55 PM
Reply #26

Macca77

Bit laughable that. There’s a list a mile long of players who’ve done more

Tony Hibbert likes this

June 04, 2018, 09:28:03 PM
Reply #27

dangermouse

Some people only ever hear what they want to :(
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

June 04, 2018, 09:39:48 PM
Reply #28

Everton Mint

Really like Brands... very cool, together and sensible.

Silva is Portuguese so they are a bit moody. He has it all to prove but I like wish to be here long-term for the full project.

Results however will still dictate.

June 04, 2018, 09:45:23 PM
Reply #29

Toffee1