July 20, 2018, 09:46:05 PM

Author Topic: Silvas 4-3-3  (Read 2083 times)

June 09, 2018, 11:13:53 PM
Reply #45

Craig_1878

Here's a detailed video of Silva's tactics, he's clearly quite adaptable so i dont think the 4-3-3 will be quite as rigid as people think.

Either way I think we will need a new left back to accommodate his reliance on wing back play. I have no doubt that Seamus will thrive in this system though, cant wait to see him bombing down the right (hopefully with the captains armband as well!)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 11:18:11 PM by Craig_1878 »
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

June 09, 2018, 11:54:08 PM
Reply #46

Dr. Sponge

Sigurdson can play in a 433 in the midfield. The only difference for a No.10 in a 4231, to the attacking midfielder in a 433 is workrate when tracking back. He has bags of that.

June 09, 2018, 11:58:44 PM
Reply #47

Bluedylan

Yeah, Silva's massive on overloads as his way of breaking teams down, so that should incorporate the full backs bombing on, or at times, seemingly imbalanced formations to attack a specific weaknesses.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 10, 2018, 12:44:18 AM
Reply #48

gizzblue

All this talk of "tactics" is giving me twitches in the groinal reigion .....when was the last time we had an actual tactician? .....who tried to break teams down instead of shithouse, backwards or sideways footy.

June 10, 2018, 01:09:08 AM
Reply #49

dunkster

Havent been this ootomistic since Martinez first came along and we passed teams off the pitch.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 10, 2018, 01:43:19 AM
Reply #50

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
All this talk of "tactics" is giving me twitches in the groinal reigion .....when was the last time we had an actual tactician? .....who tried to break teams down instead of shithouse, backwards or sideways footy.

Martinez.

June 10, 2018, 06:12:47 AM
Reply #51

gizzblue

Martinez.

Yeah lump it to Kone or Lukaku. ..sod defending that's a mugs game crab football is his way ....same with Reading ......he was lucky first season he unshackled our attack from a Moyes conservative style ....but forgot to defend after that season cos we had lukaku ..and even with the defence they have now at Belgium they still leak goals ....tactic in the world cup .....big plans to start as per pass phenomenal pass back to keeper ...then lump it to Lukaku or hope Hazard does something special with De bruyne.

Fair play though gave me a giggle that .tactitian 😅

June 10, 2018, 11:15:33 AM
Reply #52

Evertonian in NC

Martinez was definitely a tactician, he just never learned to counterpunch/adapt.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 10, 2018, 12:57:06 PM
Reply #53

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Depends what’s meant by tactician.

Koeman played a lot of formations, Martinez did work on positional aspects to reveice the ball from the keeper (Best role tactic was the Lukaku on the right wing vs Arsenal but that only worked once), Moyes use of 4-5-1 made us better than many people’s expectations.

With all the videos available to everyone of how each team plays I’d assume that most of the “tactical” side of things is so small these days that it’s quite hard to notice most of the tweaks that could be considered tactics.

Biggest thing for a coach is getting them to do, what you want them to do.

Koeman and Martinez had big issues here, whether that was coaching ability or communication issues only those close to the game will really know.

You’d assume that Moyes was ok at this (whatever you think of what that was), as most teams were identifiable.

June 11, 2018, 05:54:22 PM
Reply #54

arteta4spain

With this you have to see that man management and communication is key these days. And let’s be honest most managers in the game aren’t completely inept it’s how you interpret these ideas and incorporate them to the team. Getting your team to understand you is probably half the battle. With previous players saying that Silvas man management is top notch I have a quiet confidence that we’re gonna do quite well this coming season.