September 19, 2018, 07:56:13 AM

Author Topic: Bolasie  (Read 5272 times)

July 11, 2018, 06:36:15 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

We'll be lucky to get any kind of fee for him in another 12 months. I'll be surprised if they take up any clause as I can't see him actually doing much with his career from here on in. He wasn't great at his best and he's completely ineffective most of the time. Bonkers signing.

July 11, 2018, 06:42:39 PM
Reply #31

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We'll be lucky to get any kind of fee for him in another 12 months. I'll be surprised if they take up any clause as I can't see him actually doing much with his career from here on in. He wasn't great at his best and he's completely ineffective most of the time. Bonkers signing.

You can't see him doing well in Turkey? Think he'll have a better chance of form there than here.
"If you believe it will work out, youíll see opportunities. If you believe it wonít, you will see obstacles." Ė Wayne Dyer

July 11, 2018, 06:43:10 PM
Reply #32

GrantyBoy78

Donít particularly rate him but there are others Iíd rather see leave first.

£3m would barely cover our contribution to Koemanís wages. Lack of depth out wide starts putting a lot of pressure on Vlasic and Lookman to contribute...and Brands to deliver a winger good enough to start.

July 11, 2018, 06:49:34 PM
Reply #33

Lxxx

You can't see him doing well in Turkey? Think he'll have a better chance of form there than here.

I don't disagree he'll probably do better in an inferior league but as a player I just don't see what he offers anymore. His pace seemed to have gone last season, his ability/confidence to take a player on had disappeared and he slowed the game down to walking pace when he got it, before cutting back onto his right foot to whip balls in once everyone had got set.

Think we'll have to take a very big hit on him.

July 11, 2018, 06:51:12 PM
Reply #34

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Awful signing at the time
Be decent player if he didn't try to piss ball around and do that trick that everyone sees coming
Simply simply lovely

July 11, 2018, 06:54:44 PM
Reply #35

Ramjam

Awful signing at the time
Be decent player if he didn't try to piss ball around and do that trick that everyone sees coming
Stevie Wonder would see that trick coming
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 11, 2018, 06:58:12 PM
Reply #36

Bluedylan

We're gonna have to take hits of a number of players, financially, if we're going to move them on.

People have complained that we haven't moved people on, and people have complained that we're losing out financially in moving some people on. Brands has to make hard-nosed decisions, and minimise the damage of the previous regime (not sure anything Steve Walsh was involved with could be legitimately described as a 'regime').

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 11, 2018, 07:04:55 PM
Reply #37

GrantyBoy78

Whether heís actually lost his pace or was just psychologically scarred from his injury and didnít have the confidence in his knee, who knows. I still donít see the point in shipping him out unless there is a tangible, financial benefit in doing so.

Still think he might offer something in Marcoís preferred 433 where he doesnít spend the majority of his time in the fullback position and can concentrate his game in the opposition third.

July 11, 2018, 07:08:23 PM
Reply #38

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I don't disagree he'll probably do better in an inferior league but as a player I just don't see what he offers anymore. His pace seemed to have gone last season, his ability/confidence to take a player on had disappeared and he slowed the game down to walking pace when he got it, before cutting back onto his right foot to whip balls in once everyone had got set.

Think we'll have to take a very big hit on him.

I agree, we'll take a big hit on him. I think that was certain the moment he had his injury.

However, 3 mill and him off the wage bill is something, and as I say, he'll have a better chance to impress in a lesser league which may help us get 10 mill for him or so, next summer.
"If you believe it will work out, youíll see opportunities. If you believe it wonít, you will see obstacles." Ė Wayne Dyer

July 11, 2018, 07:24:41 PM
Reply #39

kramer0

I feel for him. He worked hard to scrap his way up to the top from the Maltese league and English lower leagues and picked up a bad injury in what was probably the best moment of his career, using his pace and power to bother fullbacks and creating about one good chance per match Lukaku.

It was a poor deal for us, though. His best was never enough to justify the price tag and we bought him at an age where wide players tend to decline physically and lose some of their effectiveness (injuries aside).

Itís no fault of Bolasieís that he was the wrong player for us. I wish him the best wherever he goes.

August 20, 2018, 07:49:36 PM
Reply #40

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

August 20, 2018, 07:51:31 PM
Reply #41

Alanvideo

Just been on SSN  he's in talks with Tony de Pulis.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 21, 2018, 09:54:38 PM
Reply #42

Macca77

Looking like he's off to Villa, brummies are made up

August 21, 2018, 10:33:38 PM
Reply #43

Gary1878

We bought him because he was a fast, match winning player at his best. His injury mean't he lost that burst of electric pace that made him so effective. He now needs to reinvent himself as a player wherever he ends up. Whether he has the technical ability and tactical awareness however to convert himself into something different, I'm not sure.

Wish him all the best.

August 21, 2018, 10:45:08 PM
Reply #44

blueski

theres no telling whether or not he can with time recapture his pre-injury form - it was a horiffic injury and complicated surgery by all accounts

I will always remember his big grin the day he made his return to football - it was inspirational
Nil Satis