September 17, 2019, 11:15:02 PM

Author Topic: Bolasie  (Read 13707 times)

July 11, 2018, 06:19:17 PM
Read 13707 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
3 mill for the season and all wages paid would be sufficient I think. We're going to lose money on him, so if he picks up some form (which he should in an inferior league), we might be able to get 10 mill at the end of the day.

Shame it didn't work out, but he was never what we needed in the first place.

Great smile and attitude though.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 11, 2018, 06:42:39 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We'll be lucky to get any kind of fee for him in another 12 months. I'll be surprised if they take up any clause as I can't see him actually doing much with his career from here on in. He wasn't great at his best and he's completely ineffective most of the time. Bonkers signing.

You can't see him doing well in Turkey? Think he'll have a better chance of form there than here.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 11, 2018, 07:08:23 PM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I don't disagree he'll probably do better in an inferior league but as a player I just don't see what he offers anymore. His pace seemed to have gone last season, his ability/confidence to take a player on had disappeared and he slowed the game down to walking pace when he got it, before cutting back onto his right foot to whip balls in once everyone had got set.

Think we'll have to take a very big hit on him.

I agree, we'll take a big hit on him. I think that was certain the moment he had his injury.

However, 3 mill and him off the wage bill is something, and as I say, he'll have a better chance to impress in a lesser league which may help us get 10 mill for him or so, next summer.

August 22, 2018, 12:07:07 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
So which club is getting him? Is it Boro?

August 22, 2018, 12:18:35 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hope he goes to Villa. I can take piss out of my mate then.

Well, for more reasons other than the obvious. Supporting Villa, having Steve Bruce as manager (although he acknowledges that one) etc.

August 23, 2018, 06:59:51 PM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I like Bolasie, but not as a player. Seems a good sort.

Feel sorry for him having to play for Steve Bruce. Will probably get played at right back or something.

August 25, 2018, 05:58:54 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Another dead weight gone.

Brands has done a stellar job this summer. I did not expect so many radical changes this quickly. It's incredible that the changes have been so positive and have totally undone the mess that Walsh and co made so quickly.

August 26, 2018, 01:46:08 AM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If they aren’t covering his entire wages at the very least then we haven’t got a good deal here. Villa have money but more than that they are playing for a place in the premier league that comes with a couple of hundred million in tv money. We shouldn’t be funding their attempt to win the lottery

Same with Besic too. Unless they’ve paid a big loan fee he absolutely shouldn’t have gone back to boro where he did well but they didn’t sign him

If most of him is off our wage bill, it's a good deal.

The bad deal was made when we splurged 30 mill on him and gave him too much wages. Nothing to do with Brands.