September 25, 2018, 02:40:21 PM

Author Topic: Pickford  (Read 14826 times)

July 03, 2018, 06:25:35 PM
Reply #45

Gash

Global Moderator
I donít think I remember an Everton keeper that pushes so much back into danger. Thatís a major flaw

How many times has he done it? Genuine question, I know you always exaggerate things but you're making out like he does it every game. Sometimes a keeper just has to get a hand on it and react to where it goes afterwards, there's not always time to think about where he's going to parry the ball to.

July 03, 2018, 06:25:44 PM
Reply #46

Jamokachi

I donít think I remember an Everton keeper that pushes so much back into danger. Thatís a major flaw

That's an area for improvement. And that's 1 flaw. From a 24 year old 'keeper. Who's still developing.

Also, I'm really not sure it's as massive a deal as is being made out, it's just in vogue to get on his back about it. has it cost us any games, goals?

July 03, 2018, 06:29:38 PM
Reply #47

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Iím just utterly baffled as to how he ended up player of the year. He wasnít very good.

He wouldn't have had any other player have performed better.

The fact we had a keeper who conceded over 50 goals last season was the player of the year speaks very badly of the rest of the team.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 03, 2018, 06:35:02 PM
Reply #48

gizzblue

I’m just utterly baffled as to how he ended up player of the year. He wasn’t very good.
Not saying he was Southall or even De Gea from years ago but he wasnt as shit as some make out as for player of the year...
Obviously your in the minority in this ...the players gave him their vote to but hey what do they know . lolol.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:37:24 PM by gizzblue »

July 03, 2018, 06:39:41 PM
Reply #49

Bluenose 91

That's an area for improvement. And that's 1 flaw. From a 24 year old 'keeper. Who's still developing.

Also, I'm really not sure it's as massive a deal as is being made out, it's just in vogue to get on his back about it. has it cost us any games, goals?

Only one off the top of my head I can remember that cost us a goal was Palace away when he palmed it to McCarthur?

Only other major error I can think of that cost us was Van Dijks header at Anfield (obviously)

There's probably one or two more but he definitely makes a lot less mistakes than most keepers.

July 03, 2018, 07:04:06 PM
Reply #50

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think he pushed one back out against Arsenal (Monreal) at home.

Itís an issue in that he does do it.

My take is that heís backing himself to get it away from the box (hence the ďpunchĒ fists) whereas he should just concentrate on palming it wide either for a corner or outside of six yard box (immediate danger).

Should improve with time.

Also didnít he get players player of the year award?

So Iíd assume he actually was the best of an average bunch admittedly.

July 03, 2018, 07:20:38 PM
Reply #51

KoemansNumberTens

Only one off the top of my head I can remember that cost us a goal was Palace away when he palmed it to McCarthur?

Only other major error I can think of that cost us was Van Dijks header at Anfield (obviously)

There's probably one or two more but he definitely makes a lot less mistakes than most keepers.

There was a goal against arsenal too where he pushed it back out (though it was a decent finish)
Then the penalty against Watford was caused by the same thing

July 03, 2018, 10:34:14 PM
Reply #52

Martip

If Robles had produced the exact same season Pickford just had not only would he not have been voted player of the year the vast majority would be demanding he be replaced

Pickford was average at best last season and thereís some really major flaws in his game
Agreed.

July 04, 2018, 12:00:19 AM
Reply #53

Bob Sacamano

Fucking hell lads. I think it speaks volumes that the two biggest cranks on the site are the only two that actually have an issue with the lad. Boring bastards. 

July 04, 2018, 12:03:46 AM
Reply #54

KoemansNumberTens

Fucking hell lads. I think it speaks volumes that the two biggest cranks on the site are the only two that actually have an issue with the lad. Boring bastards. 

Iím not sure I have an issue with him. Just think people claiming heís been great is wide of the mark.

Does not being partisan constitute being a crank. My opinions on Pickford are more in line with non Everton fans. As are my opinions on DCL. Maybe the rest of you are a little delusional.

July 04, 2018, 12:10:11 AM
Reply #55

Ross

Iím not sure I have an issue with him. Just think people claiming heís been great is wide of the mark.

Does not being partisan constitute being a crank. My opinions on Pickford are more in line with non Everton fans. As are my opinions on DCL. Maybe the rest of you are a little delusional.

Howís many games did you watch last season?

You continually posted youíd lost interest and stopped watching us, so do you really feel qualified to make an informed assessment on how well Pickford played or are you just guessing here?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 04, 2018, 12:26:48 AM
Reply #56

KoemansNumberTens

Howís many games did you watch last season?

You continually posted youíd lost interest and stopped watching us, so do you really feel qualified to make an informed assessment on how well Pickford played or are you just guessing here?

I probably watched the first 2 thirds of the season. Missed over half of the last part. So most of it. Iím not saying he was dreadful but he certainly wasnít overly good either.

July 04, 2018, 01:00:36 AM
Reply #57

MmmblueBernard

Does not being partisan constitute being a crank. 

Youíre Cranky McCrankface.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 04, 2018, 01:01:28 AM
Reply #58

Bob Sacamano

Bad crank mate.

July 04, 2018, 01:30:04 AM
Reply #59

KoemansNumberTens

Youíre Cranky McCrankface.

Iím really not. Just miserable.