November 16, 2018, 12:32:11 PM

Author Topic: [News]Do Everton Have an Easy Start to the Premier League Season?  (Read 808 times)

June 21, 2018, 10:51:46 PM
Read 808 times

Everton News

Do Everton Have an Easy Start to the Premier League Season?

Lovers of football cliches will tell you there are no easy games in the Premier League, yet eight of the first nine matches Everton play in the new season are either against teams they finished above last term or promoted sides.

Source: Do Everton Have an Easy Start to the Premier League Season?

June 21, 2018, 11:05:56 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
One game at a time. The worry with "easy" starts is that everyone thinks they're easy and when things don't go right, the pressure's on.

But of course it's a much easier start than last season.

Hopefully we'll get a good amount of points before the tough part of the season does come.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 22, 2018, 12:07:35 AM
Reply #2

D15TIN

Wolves away first game back in the Prem is tough, if we start with a win there we should have a great start to the season with the fixtures after that.

June 22, 2018, 12:16:24 AM
Reply #3

Paddockoldie

Lovers of football cliches will tell you there are no easy games in the Premier League,

They're clichés for a reason. There are no easy games, maybe poor performances which results in the game not going as predicted.. Hull vs Liverpool, Burnley vs Liverpool as examples. Wolves away won't be easy as they'll want to show they deserve to be here and the manager has done well with them. It's no coincidence his best players want to stay.. No easy games, just winnable ones.

June 22, 2018, 03:02:56 PM
Reply #4

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

June 22, 2018, 03:16:13 PM
Reply #5

Macca77

June 22, 2018, 03:47:29 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

Easiest for years

Yeh let's not get too caught up in the 'no easy games' rubbish, it's as good as we could have hoped for. Last season a genuinely tough start saw off our manager before Xmas as we never recovered. If we have any aspirations at all we should be expecting some decent points on the board in the first 6 weeks.

June 22, 2018, 03:51:58 PM
Reply #7

dangermouse

Although we have a good start to the season I believe we will suffer because we play better teams in blocks rather than having them spread out throughout the season. My assumption of course, is that teams perform better when confident and having a series of good results can make all the difference.
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

June 23, 2018, 02:49:34 PM
Reply #8

stirlingblue

Although we have a good start to the season I believe we will suffer because we play better teams in blocks rather than having them spread out throughout the season. My assumption of course, is that teams perform better when confident and having a series of good results can make all the difference.

We’ll be playing the big boys between their Champions League games and coming off a run of ‘easier’ fixtures, looks perfect to me

June 24, 2018, 12:30:17 AM
Reply #9

dangermouse

We'll be playing the big boys between their Champions League games and coming off a run of "easier' fixtures, looks perfect to me

Past experience shows that for us, playing top teams after their European ties has made little difference.

Also, I'm looking at the fixtures in a little more detail. Hard games aren't just games against the top four.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 02:50:15 AM by dangermouse »
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

June 24, 2018, 05:55:10 AM
Reply #10

Elgoodo1978

Wolves away first game back in the Prem is tough, if we start with a win there we should have a great start to the season with the fixtures after that.

Everton 2-2 Watford     15/16 (Watford promoted year before)
Leicester 2-2 Everton  14/15 (Leicester promoted year before)
Norwich 2- 2 Everton   13/14 (Norwich promoted year before)

I'm fancying a 2-2 draw

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 12:12:53 AM by Elgoodo1978 »

June 24, 2018, 01:08:05 PM
Reply #11

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

June 24, 2018, 03:34:09 PM
Reply #12

Morta75

On paper yes... But that don't mean anything if u ask me unless we win. bad start against "easy" teams will just get fans go booooo

June 24, 2018, 04:27:51 PM
Reply #13

Mayor Farnum

If Liverpool got that run of fixtures to open the season we'd be fuming.

June 24, 2018, 11:56:34 PM
Reply #14

Elgoodo1978