December 10, 2018, 01:39:01 AM

Author Topic: Baines to Move?  (Read 3407 times)

June 25, 2018, 07:24:01 PM
Read 3407 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/transfers/leighton-baines-to-quit-everton/

Seen a few reports past couple of days that Baines might be off to the MLS. If so, I hope he chooses the Union, I'll go see him play.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 25, 2018, 07:34:59 PM
Reply #1

Waltzer

Personally hope he does go, been one of my favourite players but last season wasnt good enough. Fans have short memories and I dont want him to be on the end of a backlash cause he isnt up to it anymore, I know he was injured but he just doesnt have it anymore and is one of out weakest players.

June 25, 2018, 07:40:35 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Great move out there for him if so. He's clearly not your average footballer so he might welcome a change in scenery in the twilight of his career to pursue other interests outside of the game.

Of course it might all be total bollocks.

June 25, 2018, 07:56:50 PM
Reply #3

Tony Clifton

I doubt he'll go anywhere, probably retire after this coming season.

June 25, 2018, 07:59:08 PM
Reply #4

Alanvideo

Think he has another season in him and could  share the load with his replacement ,whoever it may be.  Doubt if he would go to the States ,doesn't seem to like going farther than Wigan.
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 25, 2018, 08:11:30 PM
Reply #5

Evertonian in NC

No, no, no!  Baines needs to deputize whoever our next LB is, especially if blooding a youngster.  Plus, he can't go without a proper sending off.  It would just tear my heart out.

Also too class for MLS.  No particular offense to your local side, blarg.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 25, 2018, 08:27:12 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
No, no, no!  Baines needs to deputize whoever our next LB is, especially if blooding a youngster.  Plus, he can't go without a proper sending off.  It would just tear my heart out.

Also too class for MLS.  No particular offense to your local side, blarg.

My local side's crap, so no worries there, although it would be great to see him play.

I'd rather he stayed and I can't see him going so far away anyway as he seems the home bird type.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 25, 2018, 08:38:37 PM
Reply #7

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
He’s no globetrotter like the Rooneys, a stay at home lad that likes his roast with three veg. Would like to see him stay untill the end of next season as a squad player then bow out gracefully.

June 25, 2018, 08:41:23 PM
Reply #8

D15TIN

Think he's still at a good level baines, needs competition and someone infront of him. Heard he was already back at finch farm to get a head start

June 25, 2018, 08:43:10 PM
Reply #9

Evertonian in NC

He could be fine, provided he has someone to share the load.  Baines simply can't play marathon minutes anymore, and stay healthy or effective.  That was just criminally stupid of the old regime.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 25, 2018, 08:44:45 PM
Reply #10

gizzblue

Get him to drag Robinson up to speed ,while our interest in the other alleged German left back may be just a myth .

But if the german lads transfer is a goer and Baines wants it I'm more than happy for him to chase it across the pond .
Born not made a blue .

June 25, 2018, 08:48:35 PM
Reply #11

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He’s no globetrotter like the Rooneys, a stay at home lad that likes his roast with three veg. Would like to see him stay untill the end of next season as a squad player then bow out gracefully.

His Instagram account tells a different story.

June 25, 2018, 08:51:53 PM
Reply #12

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

was just about to mention this.... i think all this stay at home boy is bollocks and came from that stupid article in the paper a few years ago.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

June 25, 2018, 09:06:45 PM
Reply #13

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

This one ? Is there another account ?

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/leightonbaines/?hl=en

June 25, 2018, 09:17:25 PM
Reply #14

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them