November 18, 2018, 11:33:02 AM

Author Topic: Baines to Move?  (Read 3335 times)

June 28, 2018, 06:56:31 PM
Reply #30

JordanianEmbassy

Perceptions I suppose, but my view was he doesnt have the legs to get up and down to do the link up play anymore thats why hes not doing it. He hasnt done it for years, since Pienaar left, and whilst they were great together he needs to have more in his arsenal than a reliance on a player thats now retired, thats why I think itd be best if he did move on, or become a squad player and not the regular left back.

But on the rare occasions there is someone in front of him who knows what they are doing, he still gets up and down fine.

You could literally see the frustration on his face from the Bullens at the end of last season when he had Bolasie in front of him hiding behind defenders and still calling for the ball, or running long when there was a massive space he could run into to receive the ball short. The derby at Goodison changed when Calvert Lewin was brought on to play on the left.... he isn't really a left sided player either but he understands the game, and straight away Baines was getting into dangerous postions because he actually had someone to play off.

We had the same problem for the last 2 years of Martinez spell, where whoever was played on the left just didn't suit the role (Ross Barkley, Naismith, occasionally Cleverly... whoever else).

June 29, 2018, 12:41:22 AM
Reply #31

Shogun

Administrator
Now wouldn't be a bad time for Baines to go.

It'd be a shame because he's a boss footballer but he's 34 years-old in December and his lack of pace showed last season.

With the way Silva sets his teams up, I don't see Baines fitting in.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 29, 2018, 01:30:38 AM
Reply #32

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
😕

June 29, 2018, 01:47:31 AM
Reply #33

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

It'd be a shame because he's a boss footballer but he's 34 years-old in December and his lack of pace showed last season.

People are still in denial about this.

June 29, 2018, 02:27:03 AM
Reply #34

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
😔

June 29, 2018, 03:37:45 AM
Reply #35

toffee_scot

It would help if Everton actually signed a left back to take over from him. Baines has been our only left back in the last 18 months,

June 29, 2018, 04:55:36 AM
Reply #36

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
In all honesty, we should of sold Baines 3-4 seasons ago.We were lucky in the Moyes years that a core group played non-stop for 2-3 seasons. Think it burnt Baines out.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 29, 2018, 07:16:27 AM
Reply #37

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
In all honesty, we should of sold Baines 3-4 seasons ago.We were lucky in the Moyes years that a core group played non-stop for 2-3 seasons. Think it burnt Baines out.

We should have sold him before he signed the new contract to be honest. That season after he signed was probably the last decent season he had for us. He began his decline after that.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

June 29, 2018, 08:02:11 AM
Reply #38

Ramjam

We would have been fucked without him, the only decent football we played last season was when he was in the team. Now heís getting on a wee bit he will still have a role to play from the bench or a mentor to his eventual replacement
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 29, 2018, 04:20:29 PM
Reply #39

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Happy to sell him but youíll need 2 players to replace him, minimum.

1 to play at lb, one to play back up lb and one to actually pass the fucking ball.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 29, 2018, 04:22:08 PM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

I'd still be delighted with Danny Rose. Brings much needed dynamism. Was England's best player last night, made the entire left side of the team work, and seems to be unhappy at Spurs.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 29, 2018, 04:33:53 PM
Reply #41

Macca77

We're not selling him, not ever!

June 30, 2018, 04:44:25 AM
Reply #42

boothill

We would have been fucked without him, the only decent football we played last season was when he was in the team. Now heís getting on a wee bit he will still have a role to play from the bench or a mentor to his eventual replacement
did you see decent footy last season ? well you jammy ramjammy ramjam you are, bet you have more jam than hartleys

June 30, 2018, 04:52:03 AM
Reply #43

Mayor Farnum

I've waited for nearly fifty years to see Everton become ruthless. As keeping Baines would be heavily weighted with sentiment maybe letting him go will be a statement from the new regime.

June 30, 2018, 04:59:16 AM
Reply #44

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I've waited for nearly fifty years to see Everton become ruthless. As keeping Baines would be heavily weighted with sentiment maybe letting him go will be a statement from the new regime.

He wonít be on massive money and would be better than almost any back up/ option.

Donít see any need to force him out at all.