July 16, 2018, 04:15:15 PM

Author Topic: Newspapers Read By Everton Fans  (Read 914 times)

June 27, 2018, 05:44:35 AM
Read 914 times

Robber Rodwell

Just curious which media/newspapers are commonly used in regards to Everton rumors etc.  Any good suggestions from true fans?  I have tried to follow the Everton section in the Liverpool Echo online.  I have noticed that they use the same story, and somehow make 4 separate articles with the same rumors/information.  Any suggestions?

June 27, 2018, 05:57:22 AM
Reply #1

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
No matter which papers are read reporting a rumour is only what it is. Rumours.
The 'quality'  papers are less sensationalist when reporting on football generally and tend to be a better read for that.
They are a business and they need to grab your attention to make money. We all moan about the reporting in various papers. How do we know it's bad? We read it!!!  = money for them and we never learn do we?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

June 27, 2018, 05:59:17 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Mostly on here.

Late at night before I sleep, I do a search for Everton and then look at the amp pages that come up in relation to it.

The media's the media though. Take anything it says with a pinch of salt. Most of the time it's meh, don't want him, or if it's a good rumour, then it's trying to put them in the team.

And then I fall asleep. Everton's great for insomnia.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

June 27, 2018, 10:35:20 AM
Reply #3

blue1948

I use newsnow and hate myself for it .It is 99% bollocks ,the only thing is, it is the first with the real news .

June 27, 2018, 01:00:30 PM
Reply #4

Trowel

I've also used Newsnow for years. You can filter publications out to get rid of the usual suspects, and highlight any sources which you find more reliable.

Twitter is a brilliant resource, but you need to do the legwork to build up a decent range of accounts to follow.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

June 27, 2018, 02:10:46 PM
Reply #5

Alanvideo

I look at BBC Football Gossip every day and follow links from there. Also The Grauniad .The Echo is a nightmare but usually up to date. 
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 27, 2018, 02:11:16 PM
Reply #6

Hawkandro

None really. Don't bother with printed press now. The only one I tend to use online is the Guardian.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

June 27, 2018, 02:20:34 PM
Reply #7

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Paul Joyce the times
Dominic king the mail
Andy hunter the guardian.

Anything else is largely bollocks.

Really wish people would stop using sites like newsnow and posting their shit links on here.

June 27, 2018, 02:25:06 PM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Paul Joyce the times
Dominic king the mail

Really wish people would stop using sites like newsnow and posting their shit links on here.

This is the list basically. Until one of these says itís on, it isnít on.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 27, 2018, 03:05:31 PM
Reply #9

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Paul Joyce the times
Dominic king the mail

Yup, stick to these and all will be fine
Simply simply lovely

June 27, 2018, 03:06:59 PM
Reply #10

Macca77

Just BBC footy Gossip

June 27, 2018, 08:56:02 PM
Reply #11

Evertonian in NC

I wait for y'all to filter out the shite for me, frankly.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 27, 2018, 09:46:33 PM
Reply #12

blue1948

I wait for y'all to filter out the shite for me, frankly.

I liked your post but really how you filter out OUR shite is beyond me!

June 27, 2018, 10:15:36 PM
Reply #13

Evertonian in NC

I liked your post but really how you filter out OUR shite is beyond me!

trial and error?  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 28, 2018, 01:37:45 AM
Reply #14

eugene

I used to like the daily post myself