September 25, 2018, 02:27:16 PM

Author Topic: Kieran Tierney  (Read 19996 times)

June 29, 2018, 11:21:58 PM
Reply #30

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon a side made up of posters from here would challenge Celtic for the title. As long as I was in goals though. I've done all the running about I ever want to do
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 29, 2018, 11:49:17 PM
Reply #31

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Anybody see how he was when they were in Europe? I don't think I saw any of their CL or EL games last season and that is one of the few real gauges of a Celtic player these days.

June 30, 2018, 12:43:46 AM
Reply #32

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Anybody see how he was when they were in Europe? I don't think I saw any of their CL or EL games last season and that is one of the few real gauges of a Celtic player these days.

He looks good to be fair.

But then again so did McGeady ;)

June 30, 2018, 12:52:49 AM
Reply #33

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
They're absolutely deluded, as always. Ten in a row is like the double treble, outside of Celtic fans they're meaningless titles, it's hard to finish second in a one horse race. Ten in row shouldn't be seen as an achievement it should be seen as an embarrassment, if not by Celtic then certainly by the rest of Scottish football.

Whats a double-treble?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

June 30, 2018, 12:57:52 AM
Reply #34

Gash

Global Moderator
Whats a double-treble?

They won the domestic treble two years in a row.

June 30, 2018, 12:59:09 AM
Reply #35

Ross

Whats a double-treble?

A breakfast drink in Glasgow.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 30, 2018, 12:59:49 AM
Reply #36

blue slug

The Scottish league, league cup and fa cup two years in a row

June 30, 2018, 01:00:53 AM
Reply #37

Gash

Global Moderator

Seen more of him in internationals than club and he's looked decent. It was hard to tell in the CL last year seeing Rogers thought it would be a good idea to go toe to toe with PSG and Bayern which resulted in chaos, especially the two PSG bummings.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 04:09:25 AM by Gash »

June 30, 2018, 01:02:04 AM
Reply #38

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
They won the domestic treble two years in a row.

So nothing amazing then.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

June 30, 2018, 01:03:01 AM
Reply #39

blue slug

So nothing amazing then.

No especially with rangers on their arses

June 30, 2018, 01:09:12 AM
Reply #40

Gash

Global Moderator
So nothing amazing then.

Not when there isn't much competition.

June 30, 2018, 01:14:55 AM
Reply #41

Shogun

Administrator
Havenít seen him much but donít think heís worth the risk considering thereíll be options elsewhere.

Iíd rather Shaw.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 30, 2018, 02:46:32 AM
Reply #42

Outworlder47

Several things here are obvious:
1. Celtic are so far above the standard of the rest of Scottish football it's laughable.
2. By virtue of winning the league every year and jumping to the 2nd Qualifying Round of the CL every season, their club coefficient is reasonably high. They stay in the top 50 by virtue of beating teams from Lithuania in the qualifiers, then flailing miserably at the group stages.
3. Their overall quality is remarkable for its inconsistency. Somehow holding Man City to a 3-3 home draw after losing to Lincoln Red Imps from Gibraltar is bizarre.

They'd likely receive a club record fee for Tierney, which would only have to be ~£15M or so to exceed what they got for Van Dijk. For Celtic fans to suggest it will take anything like a world record fee for a defender is delusional, even given the current markets. Records for fullbacks are around £50M (Mendy and Walker), and I wouldn't pay more than half of that. For £22M, the club could activate the release clause for Jķnior Firpo from Real Betis, who is the same age and looked impressive after making his debut in a much tougher league.

June 30, 2018, 02:49:54 AM
Reply #43

Bob Sacamano

This guy logics 👆

June 30, 2018, 03:40:30 AM
Reply #44

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/29/everton-poised-make-25m-bid-celtic-full-back-kieran-tierney/

From Bascombe this who you must assume has good sources at the club.

Consider this one a goer