December 13, 2018, 04:58:40 AM

Poll

Would you like him here?

Oh yes please!
99 (85.3%)
No you’re alright I remember Salif Diao..
17 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Yerry Mina anybody?  (Read 75614 times)

August 06, 2018, 11:37:56 PM
Reply #30

Bluedylan

Hello

In Sweden we have broadcasted live games from english first division since november 29, 1969. Well before the so called Premier League.

;) My sincere apologies. It was a randomly selected city off the top of my head, just to illustrate a point about the pervasiveness of the Premier League. No offence intended to any of our Swedish brethren. In my limited experience, I know Swedish people are very committed and knowledgeable about English football (and have been for a long time).

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 06, 2018, 11:44:59 PM
Reply #31

Bluedylan

I think it's fair to say there's aren't load of excellent centre halves around, and the problem then becomes, do you pay massively over the odds, when you're in the middle of trying to bring the spending and the wage bill under control.

Added to that, it seems clear to me that Brands/Silva are trying to make any of the first team signings for both the now and the long term, rather than just throwing a few overpriced, older players in as a quick fix, and then have to offload the same players this time in 12/24 months.

It's a difficult market. I do think we'll defo sign a CB, and maybe one other player though.

August 08, 2018, 03:00:46 PM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

It's all very well saying put a deal on the table, and if it's not accepted within 24 hours, crack on with summat else, but that's not remotely realistic in a lot of transfers. You do have to play the game. Not just us, everyone. Utd are doing it with their pursuit of various CBs, Spurs are always doing it etc.

Yes, some deals can be done pretty quickly, if all parties are aligned, but for in demand players in key positions where there aren't loads of options, you often to have to play the waiting game with agents and clubs, and of course you line up some different backup options.

This perception that we're the only ones and that we're getting mugged off somehow is completely skewed and misguided.

August 09, 2018, 02:17:22 AM
Reply #33

Bluedylan

Played in the world cup, scored 3 goals for Columbia... nullidied Kate/Rashford/Sterling/Ali
Also scored 3 goals at the world cup..thats 1  less open play goal than Harry Kane (im not sure.. i think Kane scored 3 pens at the world cup.. if so Mina would be equal on goals from open play,. but the stats im checking say he scored 2 pens both v Panama.. im sure he scored one more tho)

anyway.. goal scoring centre back :D

Sarcasm

August 10, 2018, 12:07:56 AM
Reply #34

Bluedylan

So is being quiet and behind the scenes getting deals done preferable to chatting shit? It seems to have worked for us.

November 08, 2018, 06:04:23 PM
Reply #35

Bluedylan

Why tho

Because he's Big Yerry Mina, and when he speaks, people listen.

November 09, 2018, 07:06:25 PM
Reply #36

Bluedylan

One thing about Mina. It's a big ask coming into this game, as your first competitive start in a foreign league/country, next to a centre half you're only just getting to know.

If he makes a bad mistake, or doesn't have a great game, as a fanbase, we need to be careful not to slaughter him or write him off as a player.

If anything, I'm almost expecting a mistake/bad game and anything better than that will be a bonus.

November 12, 2018, 02:01:46 AM
Reply #37

Bluedylan

Coleman third is a big shout.

Gana second is even bigger for me. Gana's got a nice smile and all that, but not having that he's good looking. Seamus never closes his mouth, so he's not even Top 5 for me.

November 12, 2018, 02:02:22 AM
Reply #38

Bluedylan

Sigurdsson is definitely top three.

Right heart-throb.

November 12, 2018, 02:34:53 AM
Reply #39

Bluedylan

Is this grinder?

We're all feeling a bit turned on by our players.

November 12, 2018, 03:59:58 AM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

No spreadsheets for how good looking the players are?

Judge not, lest ye be judged

November 12, 2018, 05:21:50 AM
Reply #41

Bluedylan

Not your finest hour, Ramjam. 'Dinge and Zuma' sounds like a horrendous 90s novelty dancehall act, and that formation looks pretty awful.

November 23, 2018, 07:59:46 PM
Reply #42

Bluedylan

I'd persist with Mina personally. Might be harsh on Zouma, but ultimately he's on loan and we need to be prioritising Everton players before Chelsea players (assuming they are good enough, which it looks like Mina is).