October 24, 2018, 09:29:52 AM

Poll

Would you like him here?

Oh yes please!
99 (86.1%)
No you’re alright I remember Salif Diao..
16 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: Yerry Mina anybody?  (Read 64657 times)

August 06, 2018, 10:32:38 PM
Reply #870

Danny

I don't care that much if we miss out on Mina as long as we have a proper list to be working through of backups, we absolutely have to sign at least one new CB.

August 06, 2018, 10:38:07 PM
Reply #871

Alanvideo

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/6f1bfec2-98ea-11e8-be18-9b68e74f878e

It's a paragraph in this round-up (which I no longer have access to sadly).

................is this it ?
<<<< Marco Silva insists that Everton have been aware of his transfer targets since his first day at the club and stressed that their season hinges on bringing in reinforcements before Thursday’s deadline. Signing a centre half is still the priority and the club are favourites to sign Yerry Mina from Barcelona for around £27 million.

Everton lost their fifth consecutive pre-season game on Saturday, 3-2 to Valencia. It was the Portuguese manager’s first game at Goodison Park and highlighted the need for more arrivals in addition to Richarlison, who cost £40 million from Watford, and the £19 million signing Lucas Digne.

“The market is really difficult,” Silva said. “In some positions from the first day, it was clear in my mind what we needed. Since the first day if I want to put a central defender on in the game, we don’t have one. We have to sign new players there.” >>>>

We are special ,we are Everton.

August 06, 2018, 10:40:13 PM
Reply #872

Lincs Toffee

So if Mina fell through and Utd get Maguire, then out of who would you take from them:

Smalling
Jones
Rojo
Lindelöf

Lindelöf all day for me, but wouldn't mind Jones either however we would drop down the table in the best looking teams if we did get him !
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

August 06, 2018, 10:41:50 PM
Reply #873

Evertonian in NC

So if Mina fell through and Utd get Maguire, then out of who would you take from them:

Smalling
Jones
Rojo
Lindelöf

Lindelöf all day for me, but wouldn't mind Jones either however we would drop down the table in the best looking teams if we did get him !

Lindelöf is all that doesn't make me want to go off sobbing in the corner.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 06, 2018, 10:44:05 PM
Reply #874

School of Science

Why does it have to be Man United centre halves ? Probably Smalling g if it has to be their player's. Hopefully Lascelles who is better than all United's.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

August 06, 2018, 10:45:59 PM
Reply #875

Lxxx

Why does it have to be Man United centre halves ? Probably Smalling g if it has to be their player's. Hopefully Lascelles who is better than all United's.

Because you know they'll be looking to offload one if not two and at this late stage it might be a case of needs must if other options don't come off. Any of them are an upgrade on what we currently have.

August 06, 2018, 10:57:48 PM
Reply #876

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Honestly think you all see a completely different centre half in lascelles to what he actually is.

He’s a good centre half but we’re very much his level and he won’t get any better than us.

Some of the things I’m reading about him from our fans I read about Michael Keane last year.

I’d be disappointed if we blow a lot of money on him.

August 06, 2018, 10:58:36 PM
Reply #877

plumber

Lindelof would be the best for Silva's style.
He's probably the last United want to sell though.

August 06, 2018, 11:06:21 PM
Reply #878

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Lindelof would be the best for Silva's style.
He's probably the last United want to sell though.

I heard it would be a loan move.

I'd go for a loan and then it buys us time to get someone in good permanent.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 06, 2018, 11:07:28 PM
Reply #879

KoemansNumberTens

Honestly think you all see a completely different centre half in lascelles to what he actually is.

He’s a good centre half but we’re very much his level and he won’t get any better than us.

Some of the things I’m reading about him from our fans I read about Michael Keane last year.

I’d be disappointed if we blow a lot of money on him.

I haven’t seen anywhere near enough of him to have a real opinion. I doubt most have. Premier league proven (whatever that really means) and young so everyone gets sucked into the hype

August 06, 2018, 11:08:22 PM
Reply #880

BatteredCornerFlag

I think we're probably need to be a bit crafty with a centre back.

For the life of me I can't see why we didn't sign Ben Gibson or Alfie Mawson. Both would fit in well, I think. Both were cheaper than other options. Apparently West Ham are after Harold Moukoudi. For £10m I think he's exactly who we should be looking at. Quick, young, tall. He'd rip it up in the PL.

August 06, 2018, 11:11:35 PM
Reply #881

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

August 06, 2018, 11:14:47 PM
Reply #882

74Blue

This from the man who described Keane as a baller; which I assume was some kind of compliment.
It was a typo. He meant to say he was a ballbag

August 06, 2018, 11:18:20 PM
Reply #883

Nicco

Exactly. It's not that we have this massive reputation as a club, it's the Premier League. It's literally everywhere. You can watch Prem games every week in Tehran or Stockholm.

Hello

In Sweden we have broadcasted live games from english first division since november 29, 1969. Well before the so called Premier League.
Jönköpings Södra IF

August 06, 2018, 11:23:06 PM
Reply #884

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Hello

In Sweden we have broadcasted live games from english first division since november 29, 1969. Well before the so called Premier League.

Thoughts on lindelof?