November 15, 2018, 10:27:13 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 36424 times)

August 04, 2018, 06:45:54 PM
Reply #645

SANA_DR0

I'm only putting that number there because that's what the market dictates. People pay a premium for young English potential. Look at James Madison who went for £23m and has never played in the prem. ademola is worth as much as he should be - if not more.

that premium is only for English teams, selling English/premier league players abroad, that premium is subtracted :p

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

August 04, 2018, 06:49:26 PM
Reply #646

gizzblue

Yeah probably thatís about right. Donít mind Tosan or Walcott either. Lot of time for Jagielka too though heís obviously over the hill now. Even sigurdsson under different circumstances (smaller fee and not signed as our playmaker)

I'm now completely sold,  your a big softie who loves a rant .
 lolol
Born not made a blue .

August 04, 2018, 06:51:01 PM
Reply #647

KoemansNumberTens

that premium is only for English teams, selling English/premier league players abroad, that premium is subtracted :p

But why would we accept that on a player we donít want to lose.

August 04, 2018, 07:02:22 PM
Reply #648

SANA_DR0

But why would we accept that on a player we donít want to lose.

i dont want to lose him either, but some fans say he's not good..
he's hardly played for us,, so that reflects his value to RB, we cant just keep bumping up the price, when he really hasnt played for us.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

August 04, 2018, 07:06:08 PM
Reply #649

Free Agent

he's hardly played for us,, so that reflects his value to RB, we cant just keep bumping up the price, when he really hasnt played for us.

We bump up the price because we donít want to sell, not because he hasnít played for us

August 04, 2018, 07:19:19 PM
Reply #650

KoemansNumberTens

Can do what we like if we donít want to sell him

Itís absolutely not in our interests to let him go now or to Germany

Weíve struggled to get lots of players in so why sell 1 we want to keep now
Why sell to Germany when we wonít get the English premium
Why sell a player cheap cos he hasnít played for us when we now intend to play him.

Itís absolutely the worst possible time to sell lookman.

August 05, 2018, 11:20:17 PM
Reply #651

Evertonian in NC

On the positive side, his body language looked encouraging yesterday (watched the match intently, looked keen to get onto the pitch), and the crowd's enormous support can only help.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 05, 2018, 11:37:09 PM
Reply #652

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
On the positive side, his body language looked encouraging yesterday (watched the match intently, looked keen to get onto the pitch), and the crowd's enormous support can only help.

Thought he looked sulky in my opinion.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

August 05, 2018, 11:38:55 PM
Reply #653

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he looked sulky in my opinion.

He always does though.

August 05, 2018, 11:41:24 PM
Reply #654

Alanvideo

........................are you being sarcastic ?  From my seat in the Main Stand he looked like he wasn't arsed when the subs were warming up . Got a good reception from the crowd though .
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 05, 2018, 11:51:27 PM
Reply #655

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Probably pissed off with only getting 2 minutes to impress.

August 05, 2018, 11:54:07 PM
Reply #656

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
You know it's near the end of the transfer window when there's a bizarre body language conversation.

August 06, 2018, 12:08:15 AM
Reply #657

Trowel

To me he looked confused at being asked to play in front of a load of body language experts, and wondering where our fans were.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

August 06, 2018, 12:52:14 AM
Reply #658

bigmanbob

Maybe he can find sentiment in that we all also have felt like we wasted two years.

If he wants to leave then his agent better drum up a business willing to pay up. If I was in charge I would accept nothing less than £30m or a fee of £20m with a 50% sell on fee and additional £5-7m if he runs out his contract without being sold.

Not going to be held hostage. If he doesn't like living in Liverpool he never should excepted our generous offer to come to the Premier League.
A-fucking-men brother

August 06, 2018, 04:51:53 AM
Reply #659

Trowel

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/05/marco-silva-everton-must-sign-central-defender-transfer-deadline

However, Silva has insisted Ademola Lookman will not be leaving despite interest from RB Leipzig, where he enjoyed a successful loan spell last season. ďHe is our player and he stays,Ē the Everton manager said.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news