November 19, 2018, 04:22:48 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 36693 times)

August 06, 2018, 04:58:38 AM
Reply #660

Bluedylan

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/05/marco-silva-everton-must-sign-central-defender-transfer-deadline

However, Silva has insisted Ademola Lookman will not be leaving despite interest from RB Leipzig, where he enjoyed a successful loan spell last season. “He is our player and he stays,” the Everton manager said.

I think that's quite definitive and consistent with the message that Brands/Silva have put across all summer. If he is sulking a bit, they'll back themselves to get past the window closing, involve the lad and show him that this club can be a good place for him.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 06, 2018, 05:00:45 AM
Reply #661

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/05/marco-silva-everton-must-sign-central-defender-transfer-deadline

However, Silva has insisted Ademola Lookman will not be leaving despite interest from RB Leipzig, where he enjoyed a successful loan spell last season. “He is our player and he stays,” the Everton manager said.

Does anyone else read that as him saying aside from Holgate who's injured we haven't got a decent CB?  Its true like, but for him to say it in an interview is surprising.
My momma says I'm special.

August 06, 2018, 05:04:14 AM
Reply #662

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Does anyone else read that as him saying aside from Holgate who's injured we haven't got a decent CB?  Its true like, but for him to say it in an interview is surprising.
I read it as saying we only have three central defenders and one of them is injured.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 06, 2018, 05:17:36 AM
Reply #663

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I read it as saying we only have three central defenders and one of them is injured.

Ah okay.
My momma says I'm special.

August 06, 2018, 05:17:53 AM
Reply #664

American Evertonian

That took long enough
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

August 06, 2018, 05:19:06 AM
Reply #665

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That took long enough

He'll be sold by Wednesday then.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 06, 2018, 06:45:01 AM
Reply #666

Lincs Toffee

“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

August 06, 2018, 07:18:21 AM
Reply #667

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I have never been so uninterested in a player as Lookman. No bithered one way or the other.

August 06, 2018, 08:11:48 AM
Reply #668

Ramjam

He seems to be a cancer within the club. Can’t be good having him around just like the Mirallas scenario, sell on deadline day when some desperate club will pay top dollar for him.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 06, 2018, 11:41:21 AM
Reply #669

oztoffee

He seems to be a cancer within the club.
How can you possibly know that? Everything on this thread is pure conjecture.
What would you do if you came home and found Alex Young in bed with your wife?
Cover him up so he won't get cold!

August 06, 2018, 02:17:30 PM
Reply #670

Ramjam

How can you possibly know that? Everything on this thread is pure conjecture.
I didn’t say I know that i said he SEEMS to be.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 06, 2018, 02:28:31 PM
Reply #671

Bluedylan

I didn’t say I know that i said he SEEMS to be.

Describing him as possibly a 'cancer' is way over the top. Pretty horrible way of describing a young lad who has got a few misgivings (in my opinion, understandably) about the club.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 06, 2018, 04:30:10 PM
Reply #672

dazfrancis

He seems to be a cancer within the club. Can't be good having him around just like the Mirallas scenario, sell on deadline day when some desperate club will pay top dollar for him.
Cancer is a bit extreme!

The lad hasn't done anything overtly unprofessional. His behaviour certainly doesn't warrant being called a cancer.

If he's being called a cancer in person or on social media by other blues then wanting to move away is totally understandable.

August 06, 2018, 04:41:58 PM
Reply #673

Macca77

If he wants to leave then he's basically gonna have to submit a transfer request

August 06, 2018, 11:33:47 PM
Reply #674

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/joannaaicher/status/1026044068088958976?s=21

Fucking hell - that literally has no substance to it. The online version of my mate's mother's brother's ex's window cleaner said
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: