December 17, 2018, 11:59:12 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 37462 times)

July 10, 2018, 06:54:18 PM
Reply #75

Lxxx

If we struggle to shift any more of our expensive assets we might have to let him go in order to bring in a left back and central defender, which is apparently the two areas identified as needing strengthening as a priority. We may then have to utilise Sandro and throw him into the wide forward mix.
I'm pretty ambivalent either way to be honest. He's done nothing for us so far and if he wants the move then we'll just have to trust the management team's judgement, whatever that may be.

July 10, 2018, 08:07:55 PM
Reply #76

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 10, 2018, 08:10:57 PM
Reply #77

Bluedylan

Glad the WC's back on for two days. Be glad to escape the flapping and wild speculation, based on little to no information.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 10, 2018, 08:46:03 PM
Reply #78

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Glad the WC's back on for two days. Be glad to escape the flapping and wild speculation, based on little to no information.

No way baby Iím here all week
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 10, 2018, 08:51:32 PM
Reply #79

Bluedylan

No way baby Iím here all week

Honestly wasn't a pop at you mate. I like and respect what you have to say.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 10, 2018, 09:01:17 PM
Reply #80

Macca77

Pathetic

July 10, 2018, 09:30:43 PM
Reply #81

MmmblueBernard

£20m? Get tae fook.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 10, 2018, 10:00:43 PM
Reply #82

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Have upped my crank factor this summer like
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 13, 2018, 05:57:29 PM
Reply #83

Redartin

Has anyone else read that we rejected a 14m bid from West Ham?

July 13, 2018, 05:59:07 PM
Reply #84

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Not from anywhere reliable, no.

July 13, 2018, 05:59:46 PM
Reply #85

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Its a blag account.  Was an Evwrton account up until a couple of months ago.  Can't understand how a blue would decide to just one day decide to prwtend to be Jack Sullivan to wind up fellow blues?
My momma says I'm special.

July 13, 2018, 06:39:12 PM
Reply #86

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If we struggle to shift any more of our expensive assets we might have to let him go in order to bring in a left back and central defender, which is apparently the two areas identified as needing strengthening as a priority. We may then have to utilise Sandro and throw him into the wide forward mix.
I'm pretty ambivalent either way to be honest. He's done nothing for us so far and if he wants the move then we'll just have to trust the management team's judgement, whatever that may be.

Nah, heíll not be on much that we need to sell him. Weíre clearly just trying to shift out the expensive/not working out players. We donít need to raise money per se in order to buy as you seem to be suggesting.

Beside Brands is a fan, so I donít think heís heading out anywhere.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 06:40:18 PM by blueToffee »

July 13, 2018, 06:48:16 PM
Reply #87

van der Meyde

Nah, heíll not be on much that we need to sell him. Weíre clearly just trying to shift out the expensive/not working out players. We donít need to raise money per se in order to buy as you seem to be suggesting.

Beside Brands is a fan, so I donít think heís heading out anywhere.
Aye. Fairly sure it's a wage bill and squad numbers thing, rather than cash flow.

July 13, 2018, 06:52:36 PM
Reply #88

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Aye. Fairly sure it's a wage bill and squad numbers thing, rather than cash flow.

Plus a more discreet way of saying some are rubbish!

July 13, 2018, 07:06:32 PM
Reply #89

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Also, as we showed with Lukaku, if the player is both expensive and good we will throw money at them to try and keep them.

Basically the players we're moving on we just donít rate for whatever reason or wouldnít fit with Silvaís approach.