November 20, 2018, 11:33:04 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 36713 times)

August 12, 2018, 05:44:04 PM
Reply #765

AllyBlue14

Far more at stake for Lookman than us fans getting over those two managers. This is the lads career, we're fans regardless. So that's a moot point really.

Well of course RBL are going to try out their loan players, why else take them. You're repeating my point, he took his chance when he was given it. What are you getting at here?

He's employed by the club, who want him to stay. He's not even given Silva a chance - fair enough if it gets to January and he still hasn't played, call Silva out on it. But if he's intent on leaving, stop fannying about and hand in a transfer request.

As for the other point, you were making out as if he'd had a Niasse-like turnaround - written off but turned out round against the odds. Ok, maybe not quite as dramatic, but I wouldn't say he did anything particularly out the ordinary to fight for his place.

I'm not having that he can't see a drastic change in how things are run at Everton now. Plus, I would add that we acceded to his request to join RBL in the first place - albeit against our wishes - so that should indicate that we're invested in his development. But it obviously means nothing to him, he's made up his mind.

August 12, 2018, 05:56:35 PM
Reply #766

AllyBlue14

What I've taken issue with in this thread is individuals suggesting it's time for him to "step up to the plate" as though he's a seasoned pro who has failed to live up to expectations. He's got a lot of developing to do, and people should acknowledge that, whilst affording him the time to do so.
To this I'd say people recognise that he has a lot of developing to do & he has plenty of support from fans. Equally, he seems to want first team football (fair enough, perhaps). But in order to make it into the first team, he clearly needs to show more than he already is in training. It's a 2 way thing - the onus isn't just on the club to make him a better player.

I think his best chance with us went last season, went he left on loan. He should've played instead of Bolasie - whether that's his fault for not performing in training, or Allardyce's fault for not giving him a chance, we can only speculate. Currently, I think we have better options in his position and from his point of view, he clearly sees more of a chance at RBL.

August 12, 2018, 06:04:35 PM
Reply #767

dunkster

When season finished I thought it was critical we kept him and I still hope we do. Having added Richarlson and Bernard now though, I'm not quite as bothered about it. If he desperately wants to leave, get as much out of those German fuckers as possible.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 12, 2018, 06:05:04 PM
Reply #768

Dr. Sponge

I wanted him to go anyway.

August 12, 2018, 06:06:06 PM
Reply #769

Tinga

Or you know, we keep him as who else is going to play instead of Richalison?

August 12, 2018, 09:42:45 PM
Reply #770

Lxxx

He’s probably took one look at the attacking options we now have and decided to find an easier route to playing every week.

August 13, 2018, 09:10:23 AM
Reply #771

Shogun

Administrator
From the Echo

Silva was asked if Lookman has been left out of the squad because of an injury but the Everton boss replied: “Not injured. My decision."
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 13, 2018, 09:52:01 AM
Reply #772

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He needs his locker taken off him...
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 13, 2018, 09:52:57 AM
Reply #773

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Or you know, we keep him as who else is going to play instead of Richalison?
Bernard.

Sounds like his attitude is shot though if Shoguns post is anything to go by.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 13, 2018, 12:08:43 PM
Reply #774

Free Agent

Why are we back to Lookman-bashing again? Has there been some new development?

If he goes, he goes, but only when Django says so  :wag:

August 13, 2018, 03:01:17 PM
Reply #775

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

August 13, 2018, 03:19:06 PM
Reply #776

Shogun

Administrator
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 13, 2018, 03:20:05 PM
Reply #777

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I come back to what Gash said along the lines of  “never has so much been written on here about a player who has contributed so little”. A total of 15 PL appearances including 8 as a sub (a couple as 5 minute cameos) and by the sound of things you would think we were loosing an established star player. He has no right whatsoever to expect to be a starter or even on the bench unless he shows in training that he can offer more than the other options that we have and changes hi attitude, come out like some of our other youngsters saying how they will fight to be included in the squad, he’s doing a Ross so if we can get double what we paid for him, which is currently on offer we should grab it and move on from this distraction that he is, why the fuck should Marco have to explain at a press conference why Lookman wasn’t included in the squad ? That’s an insult to the manager, hats off to Marco for not saying he’s picked up a bit of a knock as some managers would have done.

August 13, 2018, 03:25:31 PM
Reply #778

stirlingblue

August 13, 2018, 03:33:42 PM
Reply #779

Alanvideo

Has any other club apart from Leipzig shown any interest in Lookman ? just asking like.
We are special ,we are Everton.