September 19, 2018, 12:17:53 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 32961 times)

July 21, 2018, 08:01:34 PM
Reply #360

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Itís probably the point of such statements, but I see that and I kinda want rid. Tired of negativity around the club in recent times and I want players who have a desire to be here and arenít pulling in the same direction.

If heís using the old ďI have a slight injuryĒ BS to not play and try and force a move...well Iíve got very little time for that behaviour from someone so young and really has done nothing.

Surprised how many are defending him. This is Mirallas part 2.

Yes I just think thereís a limit to what we can do.

What more can we do than say youíll be in with a shot of the first xi?

He can either believe that or not.

He can have more trust in RB as heís played there a bit, but not that much.

Also I think thereís a lot of worry about potential loss because we donít have that many established players who will improve.

Hopefully weíre reasonably resolute if he doesnít really push for the move as he does have potential and isnít expensive.

But if he doesnít want to be here then itís disappointing rather than a guaranteed disaster.

July 21, 2018, 08:02:13 PM
Reply #361

UnsyisaRhino

If we think hes a talent, we keep him and fuck this lot off unless they offer big money and pay over the odds. If they want him so much they can stump up the cash.

July 21, 2018, 08:05:16 PM
Reply #362

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
The club havenít exactly treated him great, have we?

Weíve hardly played him. Iím not going to be up in arms over him wanting to go to a team that made him feel wanted.

I do appreciate that, we have to put it kindly been a work in progress since heís been here. However, decisions have been made to address these things and we have seemed to be making overtures to him that we want him to be a part of that moving forward. This isnít like Lukaku at Chelsea not having a route to playing regularly.

Either way, at his age to be pulling antics like this...basically it seems refusing to play doesnít make me think much of him. Nor does it make me think heíll be worth investing in as a player.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 08:06:20 PM by blueToffee »

July 21, 2018, 08:05:34 PM
Reply #363

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Weíve hardly played him. Iím not going to be up in arms over him wanting to go to a team that made him feel wanted.

Thatís fair enough.

But equally heís never made a big case for regular starts when here.

More often than not when starting games heís been poor and taken off early.

Has shown promise off the bench of course.

So if theyíve treated him better then fine. But weíve not treated him badly.

July 21, 2018, 08:05:59 PM
Reply #364

van der Meyde

What more can we do than say youíll be in with a shot of the first xi?

He can either believe that or not.
Not look to spend big money on someone who plays in his position?

(This argument is obviously dependent on the order of events, like.)

July 21, 2018, 08:08:16 PM
Reply #365

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Not look to spend big money on someone who plays in his position?

(This argument is obviously dependent on the order of events, like.)

Thatís normal at any decent club though.

If he thinks heís better off at Leipzig thatís fine, but heís not leaving an awful position here for someone with his caree to date.

July 21, 2018, 08:15:28 PM
Reply #366

Gash

Global Moderator

I think we need to stop blaming all this on the club, it was Allardyce that spoke out against him and didn't play him much, he's gone now.

Ultimately the club gave in and gave him the loan he wanted so they haven't exactly treated him badly, Brands rates him and apparently both him and Silva have told him they want him to be in the first team. He's a 20 year old kid, there's not that many playing every week in the Premier League anyway so he's already done fairly well although he wasn't exactly pulling up trees but I can't remember a player who has achieved so relatively little be given such a pedestal to stand on by our fans. He may well turn out to be a great player but like many before him (not just with us but in general) he could easily end up having a fairly average career. I know it's not an exact science either but for such an apparently highly rated player and our lack of a firm "hands off", there's not exactly a queue of clubs getting into a bidding war for him.

July 21, 2018, 08:22:23 PM
Reply #367

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think we need to stop blaming all this on the club, it was Allardyce that spoke out against him and didn't play him much, he's gone now.

Ultimately the club gave in and gave him the loan he wanted so they haven't exactly treated him badly, Brands rates him and apparently both him and Silva have told him they want him to be in the first team. He's a 20 year old kid, there's not that many playing every week in the Premier League anyway so he's already done fairly well although he wasn't exactly pulling up trees but I can't remember a player who has achieved so relatively little be given such a pedestal to stand on by our fans. He may well turn out to be a great player but like many before him (not just with us but in general) he could easily end up having a fairly average career. I know it's not an exact science either but for such an apparently highly rated player and our lack of a firm "hands off", there's not exactly a queue of clubs getting into a bidding war for him.

I was just going add the same thing. If Allardyce was still here, Iíd have a lot more sympathy with the situation and help him pack his bags.

The club may have made a mistake with their last managerial appointment, but weíve done all we can do to rectify things and in the mean time got him playing time and acquiesced to his demands in terms of where that was.

July 21, 2018, 08:39:27 PM
Reply #368

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would deffo be looking to take a youth product. A 17-20 year old 1v1 attacker or ball playing cb. The next-next upemecano.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 21, 2018, 08:45:06 PM
Reply #369

Redartin

lBrands rates him and apparently both him and Silva have told him they want him to be in the first team.

As in first eleven? Or on the bench with lots of appearances as a sub?

I always thought he had a better chance of the former in Germany, especially with the amount they are willing to pay for him, and that was the biggest attraction for wanting to go to Leipzig. (If that is to be believed)

July 21, 2018, 08:48:44 PM
Reply #370

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
They have signed someone in his position though so it may not be as rosey as he thinks.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 21, 2018, 09:09:01 PM
Reply #371

Gash

Global Moderator
As in first eleven? Or on the bench with lots of appearances as a sub?

Clearly he'd need to earn his place and certainly wouldn't be guaranteed starts. He only played 90 minutes a couple of times for RB, subbed on the hour 3 times and one on and one off at half time and the rest were 10-20 minute sub appearance so he had a mixed spell there anyway.

July 21, 2018, 09:14:44 PM
Reply #372

dunkster

So without trawling through last few pages, has he refused to play?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

July 21, 2018, 09:26:47 PM
Reply #373

Lincs Toffee

Not to my knowledge, has an alleged thigh strain hence not in Portugal
ďI used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.Ē - Dixie Dean

July 21, 2018, 09:45:35 PM
Reply #374

KoemansNumberTens

Doesnít look like it. Which to me is quite promising. So what if heíd prefer to be somewhere else. If heís not kicking up a fuss thereís no reason why we canít keep him. Plus I think when heís in the team and doing well heíll be happy here