October 20, 2018, 05:17:20 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 35303 times)

August 12, 2018, 02:35:51 PM
Reply #750

Jamokachi

So you disagree with Silva as well then? He said pretty much what Iím saying in the article I posted. The onus is now on Lookman to finally perform for us.

Really not sure whatís got your knickers in a twist of late. Youíre being very defensive and argumentative in this thread and another thread too.

My knickers aren't in the slightest of twists. It's just sad to see so many people seemingly unwilling to acknowledge that some young players need love and support to reach their potential, and not be saddled with unnecessary pressure. We signed him from League 1 and there should be no expectations that he should be needing to prove himself on the 1st team scene so soon. I personally don't think it was just that he got game time at RBL, but he was really shown the love, made to feel wanted and given an opportunity to develop. He wasn't given that by Koeman or Alardyce, for various reasons.

August 12, 2018, 03:37:54 PM
Reply #751

Gash

Global Moderator
My knickers aren't in the slightest of twists. It's just sad to see so many people seemingly unwilling to acknowledge that some young players need love and support to reach their potential, and not be saddled with unnecessary pressure. We signed him from League 1 and there should be no expectations that he should be needing to prove himself on the 1st team scene so soon. I personally don't think it was just that he got game time at RBL, but he was really shown the love, made to feel wanted and given an opportunity to develop. He wasn't given that by Koeman or Alardyce, for various reasons.

People need to stop blaming Allardyce and Koeman for the current situation though, they're gone. He's getting the arm round him now, Brands and Silva have both talked him up and said he's very much in their plans yet he still apparently wants to go.

It's up to him to fight for a place in the team, if he hasn't got the stomach for that and wants to move everytime he's not getting games then he's not going to get far. The funny thing is people keep using age as his defence yet he's only 5 months younger than Richarlison and about 8 months older than Tom Davies, so it's not pressure from the outside that's being put on him, there's players the same age and younger who are doing better than him, only he can address that.

August 12, 2018, 04:02:25 PM
Reply #752

Jamokachi

People need to stop blaming Allardyce and Koeman for the current situation though, they're gone. He's getting the arm round him now, Brands and Silva have both talked him up and said he's very much in their plans yet he still apparently wants to go.

It's up to him to fight for a place in the team, if he hasn't got the stomach for that and wants to move everytime he's not getting games then he's not going to get far. The funny thing is people keep using age as his defence yet he's only 5 months younger than Richarlison and about 8 months older than Tom Davies, so it's not pressure from the outside that's being put on him, there's players the same age and younger who are doing better than him, only he can address that.

Well Koeman and Allardyce are specifically the reason we find ourselves in this position, particularly the latter. He seems to be the type that needs an arm around the shoulder, and neither of those offered that. So yes, we can continue to blame them, it's their doing.

What's to suggest he hasn't the stomach for it? He fought for his place at RBL? It's not as though he went there and walked into the team, he earned it. And because he did so, can he really be blamed to see there as a better place to develop his game?

Age is completely a factor. Players develop at different rates. Rooney was ready at 16, Osman at 24. Because he's around the same age as Davies and Richarlison should have no bearing on how we judge him. All that we know is that he has raw talent and we have the opportunity to potentially develop him into a top player.

August 12, 2018, 04:21:31 PM
Reply #753

BlueForYou

Going, going..................
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 12, 2018, 04:31:43 PM
Reply #754

Gash

Global Moderator
Well Koeman and Allardyce are specifically the reason we find ourselves in this position, particularly the latter. He seems to be the type that needs an arm around the shoulder, and neither of those offered that. So yes, we can continue to blame them, it's their doing.

Your point was he wasn't getting the arm put round him, he is now and what went on before should have a line drawn under it. It's just a convenient excuse for people.

What's to suggest he hasn't the stomach for it? He fought for his place at RBL? It's not as though he went there and walked into the team, he earned it. And because he did so, can he really be blamed to see there as a better place to develop his game?

I'm only speculating but going by Silva's comments he's said it's up to the player to show he's ready to play and regardless of the players signed he will play if he's good enough and doing enough, so he's been given assurances he'll play and is getting the arm round him but still doesn't want to be here.

Age is completely a factor. Players develop at different rates. Rooney was ready at 16, Osman at 24. Because he's around the same age as Davies and Richarlison should have no bearing on how we judge him. All that we know is that he has raw talent and we have the opportunity to potentially develop him into a top player.

We've a 50 odd page thread full of people telling us how good he is and using every excuse under the sun to defend him, if he's that good, or potentially that good then he's way ahead of Osman in his development and nearer to Rooney on some people's rating. Every week there's people moaning that he's not starting or in the squad(now and pre RB loan), he's been massively hyped and if anything the pressure's coming from people who rate him rather than the likes of Blarg saying he needs to step up, so for that reason he'll get compared to people of a similar age.

He obviously wants to leave, again Silva said it's up to him to make him happy again, that for me's a fairly clear suggestion that he's not happy at the moment.

I'd loan him out again and see how it goes but I don't really mind if we just sell him and move on, as said I don't remember such small contributor getting so much support. We've too much to look forward to rather than be worrying about Lookman and having Silva asked about him every week.

August 12, 2018, 04:36:52 PM
Reply #755

AllyBlue14

Bit like blaming your current girlfriend for your ex's failings, though. Let it go. If that's his mentality then he's better off leaving for all concerned, because when will he move on? Similarly for the fans - it was a bleak time for us but we (and the players) have to learn the lessons, draw a line and give Silva and Brands the chance to rebuild.

As for RBL, he'd made a point of going there, against the club's wishes - the least he could do is make an effort to earn his place. In reality, I think the club probably wanted to try out their loan signing and he took his chance when it came.

August 12, 2018, 04:44:34 PM
Reply #756

Jamokachi

Your point was he wasn't getting the arm put round him, he is now and what went on before should have a line drawn under it. It's just a convenient excuse for people.

I'm only speculating but going by Silva's comments he's said it's up to the player to show he's ready to play and regardless of the players signed he will play if he's good enough and doing enough, so he's been given assurances he'll play and is getting the arm round him but still doesn't want to be here.

We've a 50 odd page thread full of people telling us how good he is and using every excuse under the sun to defend him, if he's that good, or potentially that good then he's way ahead of Osman in his development and nearer to Rooney on some people's rating. Every week there's people moaning that he's not starting or in the squad(now and pre RB loan), he's been massively hyped and if anything the pressure's coming from people who rate him rather than the likes of Blarg saying he needs to step up, so for that reason he'll get compared to people of a similar age.

He obviously wants to leave, again Silva said it's up to him to make him happy again, that for me's a fairly clear suggestion that he's not happy at the moment.

I'd loan him out again and see how it goes but I don't really mind if we just sell him and move on, as said I don't remember such small contributor getting so much support. We've too much to look forward to rather than be worrying about Lookman and having Silva asked about him every week.

It's not a convenient excuse Gash, it's pointing out what happened. Marco et all might now be that arm around the shoulder, but it's only been a few weeks, so it's understandable that the lad doesn't feel 'a part of Everton'. It's the management's job to make that happen with new players, and it obviously wasn't the case here.

Look, I don't mind if he stays or goes. We have better than him so he won't be missed. It'll be sad that he hasn't reached his potential with us, but if that's the case so be it. I'm not offering excuses, simply painting the picture as I see it with the evidence at our disposal.

What I've taken issue with in this thread is individuals suggesting it's time for him to "step up to the plate" as though he's a seasoned pro who has failed to live up to expectations. He's got a lot of developing to do, and people should acknowledge that, whilst affording him the time to do so.

August 12, 2018, 04:45:04 PM
Reply #757

gizzblue

We have just seen true potential tear it up yesterday .....in every way better than Lookman at pretty much the same age .....if he's still adamant on moaning a move fuck him off for a huge fee or let him rot in the u23's ...I'm starting to realize he's nowhere near where he could/should be anyway .. .and we're not short in these areas now .

August 12, 2018, 04:47:49 PM
Reply #758

Jamokachi

Bit like blaming your current girlfriend for your ex's failings, though. Let it go. If that's his mentality then he's better off leaving for all concerned, because when will he move on? Similarly for the fans - it was a bleak time for us but we (and the players) have to learn the lessons, draw a line and give Silva and Brands the chance to rebuild.

As for RBL, he'd made a point of going there, against the club's wishes - the least he could do is make an effort to earn his place. In reality, I think the club probably wanted to try out their loan signing and he took his chance when it came.

Far more at stake for Lookman than us fans getting over those two managers. This is the lads career, we're fans regardless. So that's a moot point really.

Well of course RBL are going to try out their loan players, why else take them. You're repeating my point, he took his chance when he was given it. What are you getting at here?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 04:58:41 PM by Jamokachi »

August 12, 2018, 04:48:52 PM
Reply #759

Jamokachi

We have just seen true potential tear it up yesterday .....in every way better than Lookman at pretty much the same age .....if he's still adamant on moaning a move fuck him off for a huge fee or let him rot in the u23's ...I'm starting to realize he's nowhere near where he could/should be anyway .. .and we're not short in these areas now .

Bitterest blue I've ever come across you. You're probably the reason for the tag.

August 12, 2018, 04:54:50 PM
Reply #760

gizzblue

Bitterest blue I've ever come across you. You're probably the reason for the tag.

Oh bravo more quality posting from the nsno self appointed mothercare bully . lolol ...
you attack the lads in here so much I'm beginning to think your a klopp loving kopite . lolol

August 12, 2018, 04:56:24 PM
Reply #761

BlueForYou

One of the abusers, he is - change his nappy!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 12, 2018, 04:57:16 PM
Reply #762

Jamokachi

Oh bravo more quality posting from the nsno self appointed mothercare bully . lolol ...
you attack the lads in here so much I'm beginning to think your a klopp loving kopite . lolol

Standard.

August 12, 2018, 04:58:41 PM
Reply #763

Lxxx

Be great if he stays, arsed if he doesn't. Bored of the topic now.

August 12, 2018, 05:00:29 PM
Reply #764

BlueForYou

Re-convene 31st August

Harry Catterick