October 15, 2018, 03:22:19 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 34989 times)

August 15, 2018, 09:34:22 PM
Reply #930

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I like Ted but that was a weird take.

If I remember correctly you were right along with me saying something similar.

Iím only going off the Paul Riley tweet, not listened to the pod yet but I can understand where theyíre coming from (mins per goal contribution maybe? The fact Lookman looks like a potentially elite finisher vs richarlisons profilagacy in front of goal).

I donít know if itís connected to the fact weíve now signed richarlison but I now disagree strongly. Haha.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 15, 2018, 09:43:35 PM
Reply #931

Lxxx

Wouldn't surprise me if Silva keeps him out of the squad until the end of the window, refuses all advances by RB then tries to win him round from there on in. He's clearly rated by everyone at the club and the money on offer for him is buttons in todays market.

Just keep it out of the media and if he can see us improving then he might come round. 

August 15, 2018, 09:54:05 PM
Reply #932

van der Meyde

If I remember correctly you were right along with me saying something similar.

Iím only going off the Paul Riley tweet, not listened to the pod yet but I can understand where theyíre coming from (mins per goal contribution maybe? The fact Lookman looks like a potentially elite finisher vs richarlisons profilagacy in front of goal).

I donít know if itís connected to the fact weíve now signed richarlison but I now disagree strongly. Haha.
I'm not sure you can judge with any real degree of confidence whose ceiling is higher.

Lookman's performance, purely on numbers, looks better on the face of it. It's confounded by so many of Lookman's minutes (and half his goals) over the past couple of years coming off the bench though.

August 15, 2018, 09:59:34 PM
Reply #933

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure you can judge with any real degree of confidence whose ceiling is higher.

Lookman's performance, purely on numbers, looks better on the face of it. It's confounded by so many of Lookman's minutes (and half his goals) over the past couple of years coming off the bench though.

Broadly agree.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 15, 2018, 10:08:20 PM
Reply #934

van der Meyde

Broadly agree.
I'm also not sure how you would weight Richarlison having a bit more about him physically versus Lookman probably being able to create more for others.

August 15, 2018, 10:20:05 PM
Reply #935

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm also not sure how you would weight Richarlison having a bit more about him physically versus Lookman probably being able to create more for others.

Yeah I agree with that as well.

Not sure about creating because you can measure that.

But richarlison is physically a monster. Boss in the air, good 1v1, good outball on the break..

August 15, 2018, 10:44:20 PM
Reply #936

van der Meyde

Yeah I agree with that as well.

Not sure about creating because you can measure that.

But richarlison is physically a monster. Boss in the air, good 1v1, good outball on the break..
Yeah, I can sort of be talked into the idea that Lookman might be decent on the right/centrally too - if Understat's position data can be believed anyway.

God knows. Still hope we keep him and he works his way in to the team.

August 16, 2018, 01:41:04 PM
Reply #937

MmmblueBernard

This stats thingy is a load of old bollocks. Richarlison is twice the player Lookman is.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 16, 2018, 02:13:20 PM
Reply #938

april

How about... He shuts the fuck up, grows a pair, gets on with the job of playing for the team he happily signed a contract with for a vast salary (in normal life). OR piss off and join the army, fight for your country for less salary a year than you get a month! And see what REAL life is about!!!!!
Fucking footballers

Phew, I feel better now, sorry lads n lasses .

I reckon heíll earn that in a week.
Toffeegirls Rule.

August 18, 2018, 04:11:49 PM
Reply #939

sam of the south

These Silva comments hint at Lookman displaying a titty lip and being a bit of a lazy arse

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ademola-lookman-shows-willing-fight-15043900
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 18, 2018, 04:43:12 PM
Reply #940

Bluedylan

These Silva comments hint at Lookman displaying a titty lip and being a bit of a lazy arse

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ademola-lookman-shows-willing-fight-15043900

I found it quite encouraging tbh. Basically saying he's grafted in training this week. Obviously he should be doing that anyway and he needs to sustain it, but I'm liking that Silva is giving him a chance and trying to build a relationship.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 18, 2018, 04:49:17 PM
Reply #941

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Still be very surprised if heís here come September

Only thing that will change my mind is seeing him in the matchday squad.

August 18, 2018, 04:52:38 PM
Reply #942

KoemansNumberTens

Still be very surprised if heís here come September

Only thing that will change my mind is seeing him in the matchday squad.

Whenís the European window close. I honestly think we are gonna force him to stay regardless and hope he gets his head down when moving is no longer an option

August 18, 2018, 05:02:26 PM
Reply #943

Toffee1

Whenís the European window close. I honestly think we are gonna force him to stay regardless and hope he gets his head down when moving is no longer an option

Transfer deadlines in Spain, France and Germany are expected to fall on August 31. However, Italy's window will close on August 18 this year, one day before the start of the Serie A season.

August 18, 2018, 05:23:12 PM
Reply #944

gizzblue

Sounds like Silva is giving the lad every opportunity to be an Everton player ....hope the lad takes it with both hands .. ..smacks of good man management.