September 19, 2018, 08:40:10 AM

Author Topic: [News]Is VAR ruining the game?  (Read 1536 times)

July 12, 2018, 06:36:21 PM
Reply #15

Dr. Sponge

Absolutely the right way to go for the sport, it’s just in its infancy and it will get better.

July 12, 2018, 07:17:39 PM
Reply #16

Cods

Agree that it is helpful for the most part, but it just seems that anything even remotely appearing like contact in the box will be reviewed and penalty given, perhaps out of context, where we’re used to a little bit of common sense/feel being applied.  It will become a refined game of penalties rather than open play scoring which I don’t think is good for the game.
The fact that they even reviewed the Kompany incident the other night shows it’s just a bit too ‘ticky-touchwood’

July 12, 2018, 08:26:16 PM
Reply #17

blue1948

If all the bad decisions in derbies were taken away we would have no "bitter " in their nickname for us .For that alone I am in.

July 12, 2018, 08:36:43 PM
Reply #18

dunkster

VAR is the way forward, and after a few years of tweaks it will be bang on. But one thing that pisses me off more than a very, very small percent of bad refereeing decisions, is players acting that they have an injury, cramp, and especially holding their heads - even moreso when you see the replays and a player is hit in the arm, and he holds his head. I'd like to see another lead from Rugby, and allow the "injured" player as long as he wants to roll around on the ground, but permit a couple of medics from their team to come on and deal with them - even if in the penalty box or wherever. It would be the same for both sides, but would stop a lot of play acting, and allow the game to carry on without the ref having to stop the flow of the game.

My dad had a pretty decent idea involving it being mandatory to be stretchered off or helped off the pitch and have a minimum  assessment time (maybe 3 - 5 minutes)for any player who goes to ground claiming injury, if the ref deems it necessary to stop the game.
So basically a player who tries to stop a game and waste time by feigning injury will  leave his team a player short for a few minutes.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

July 12, 2018, 08:51:33 PM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
My dad had a pretty decent idea involving it being mandatory to be stretchered off or helped off the pitch and have a minimum  assessment time (maybe 3 - 5 minutes)for any player who goes to ground claiming injury, if the ref deems it necessary to stop the game.
So basically a player who tries to stop a game and waste time by feigning injury will  leave his team a player short for a few minutes.

Wish that was in force yesterday. England would have won that match easily.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

July 12, 2018, 08:55:47 PM
Reply #20

Rodenplav64

I got really fucked off with players and Managers making imaginary squares all the time though .

July 12, 2018, 09:57:54 PM
Reply #21

blue1948

I got really fucked off with players and Managers making imaginary squares all the time though .
It is like having sex with imaginary partners -you get used to it !

July 12, 2018, 10:12:11 PM
Reply #22

Rodenplav64

It is like having sex with imaginary partners -you get used to it !

Not got that desperate yet mate but I did get fucked off at the squares and yes it will become just as annoyingly accepted as waving imaginary cards .

July 12, 2018, 10:23:07 PM
Reply #23

Major Clanger

Sure, eventually we'll get used to it.

It won't improve a thing, it won't get rid of controversies, it will however suck the joy out of celebrating a goal, like it's done with rugby.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

July 12, 2018, 10:50:36 PM
Reply #24

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
One possibility for the 'square drawing' is for each side to have 3 (?) reviews (like tennis) and any player or manager making that sign gets their wish in the shape of a review. With only 3 reviews any histrionic behaviour by players would soon be stamped down on by team mates when they have run out of reviews in the first 10 min.
Slightly more seriously I do have doubts about its accuracy and reliability when reviewing some contact - most notably arm/hand to opponents head. Football is a contact game but I think slow motion replays cannot show the degree of force and I think players cottoned on to that quite early hence all the rolling round. That is weighted too much in favour of the cheats and totally accidental and innocent contact looks much more deliberate and heavy  than it often was. There needs to be an immediate yellow if the review shows that. Bit like diving a few will be hard done to initially but yellow cards have reduced diving albeit at a cost to the few who genuinely fell over.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 12, 2018, 10:51:33 PM
Reply #25

smellybum

I think it will be become a great thing in time. As said before needs to be somebody says have a look at this ref and the ref takes a look. Maybe give teams 1 challenge as well.
I would also like to see the goaline thingy extended to the full pitch. A few times the ball was clearly out of play last night.

Would like to see the clock stop everyone the ball goes out of play. 90 full mins of game time. Will stop needless time wasting.
Last as has been mentioned and I really don't know why this is not done. Medics treat players and let the game continue. Will stop the play acting overnight. obviously for a blantently serious injury then yes stop.

July 12, 2018, 11:10:11 PM
Reply #26

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Realistically it would be dangerous to have someone being treated in the penalty area with the defending team under pressure and centres coming in. Just can't be done.
In addition it penalises players genuinely needing treatment and benefits the offending team as it presents them with an advantage for however many minutes the injured player is off the pitch.
This is something managers and players need to address as it is they who do it and encourage it and accept it as 'part of the game'. In addition what do we fans do about it? Scream blue murder if one of ours goes down and accuse the opposition of cheating if one of theirs is down. So we encourage it as well.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 16, 2018, 01:17:22 AM
Reply #27

Ball8y

VAR has not ruined the game - Sky did that in 1993

July 16, 2018, 01:32:21 AM
Reply #28

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
VAR has not ruined the game - Sky did that in 1993
Why is Sky so successful?

Because we all watch it.

July 16, 2018, 02:12:40 AM
Reply #29

Paddockoldie

It shafted Croatia today. Never a pen.