November 14, 2018, 05:06:52 PM

Author Topic: [News]Is VAR ruining the game?  (Read 1768 times)

July 16, 2018, 06:42:03 AM
Reply #45

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Its a no for VAR from me. It's going to get to the point were you cant celebrate goals properly because you're waiting for some form of check/analysis. The best moments in football are them last gasp 'limbs' winners, all about being in the moment. I get the points for pro VAR but for me, personally the negatives outweigh the positives

Were any of the goals at the World Cup not celebrated? I donít remember Kaneís last minute winner against Tunisia being an issue, and for a tournament with so many late goals I donít remember any set of fans less jubilant.

July 16, 2018, 07:51:46 AM
Reply #46

bluenuck

Its a no for VAR from me. It's going to get to the point were you cant celebrate goals properly because you're waiting for some form of check/analysis. The best moments in football are them last gasp 'limbs' winners, all about being in the moment. I get the points for pro VAR but for me, personally the negatives outweigh the positives

You're only negative is not being able to celebrate a goal properly.

not having a pop at you, but that's a pretty weak argument.

July 16, 2018, 03:28:38 PM
Reply #47

stirlingblue

Given the limited trials before the World Cup I'd say overall it was about as good as can be accepted.

I still don't think there is enough consistency on when it's used.

Griezemann's dive to win the free kick leading to France's first goal yesterday is a good example, why wasn't that picked up?

July 16, 2018, 03:59:03 PM
Reply #48

di_guyo

I think it's a step in the right direction, but I'm still not happy with it at present. There's too much subjectivity there. While it makes the decision itself more accurate, the fact that it still relies on human decision making for a decision to go to VAR makes it difficult to back. We saw it a few times in this WC, when an incident should have been reviewed and wasn't, and then plenty that were that really shouldn't have needed it. There's no consistency. I can't help but think something like Tennis' 3 challenges needs to be implement and that sits with the captain of each team.
Everton & Atleti

July 17, 2018, 04:00:45 PM
Reply #49

Lxxx

I think it's a step in the right direction, but I'm still not happy with it at present. There's too much subjectivity there. While it makes the decision itself more accurate, the fact that it still relies on human decision making for a decision to go to VAR makes it difficult to back. We saw it a few times in this WC, when an incident should have been reviewed and wasn't, and then plenty that were that really shouldn't have needed it. There's no consistency. I can't help but think something like Tennis' 3 challenges needs to be implement and that sits with the captain of each team.

But it's still a sport played by humans not robots. You're going to get wrong decisions, it's just that VAR seeks to reduce the amount of them.

July 17, 2018, 11:30:20 PM
Reply #50

SANA_DR0

I think VAR was great, should have been used more for the likes of Naymar, and other divers/cheats.. i cant believe no one who dived got booked! let alone checked on VAR, also some of the freekicks that led to goals weren't freekicks..

wish that is introuduced as VAR gets more used.

i loved VAR, it will make the game fairer, refs are scared of giving decisions (penalties mainly) against big teams at their home grounds... cant wait til its in use all the time.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....