September 19, 2018, 03:06:34 AM

Author Topic: Malcom in advanced talks  (Read 10026 times)

July 19, 2018, 02:47:06 PM
Reply #210

dunkster

Will be nice to get this one over the line but judging by the YouTube vid I saw of his highlights from last season, I'm not going to cry if it doesn't happen.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

July 19, 2018, 02:48:37 PM
Reply #211

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Will be nice to get this one over the line but judging by the YouTube vid I saw of his highlights from last season, I'm not going to cry if it doesn't happen.

He plays in France. I'm as excited about this as i was about the thought of Tierney - not very.
It's a position that could always do with strengthening. it's not an absurd amount of money & so i';m happy to roll the dice and give the lad a shot. (exactly like Tierney)

July 19, 2018, 02:56:47 PM
Reply #212

dunkster

Its a fair amount for a twenty year old.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

July 19, 2018, 02:57:48 PM
Reply #213

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He plays in France. I'm as excited about this as i was about the thought of Tierney - not very.
It's a position that could always do with strengthening. it's not an absurd amount of money & so i';m happy to roll the dice and give the lad a shot. (exactly like Tierney)

French league is a fuckin talent factory
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 19, 2018, 03:02:50 PM
Reply #214

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Theyíve just won the World Cup.

Itís a good league with some very talented players.

Absolutely nothing like the Scottish league.

Iím not a fan of the constant dismissals of other leagues outside of ours i see all the time.

July 19, 2018, 03:08:30 PM
Reply #215

Waltzer

They've just won the World Cup.

It's a good league with some very talented players.

Absolutely nothing like the Scottish league.

I'm not a fan of the constant dismissals of other leagues outside of ours i see all the time.
I agree,  there might not be the same depth but the top teams from most European league's would do well in the premiership,  and that's reflected in the European competitions

July 19, 2018, 03:15:21 PM
Reply #216

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
nah, @brap2 , they have a 23 man squad and 8 of the m play in France. In the final there was 1 started plying his trade in France & 1 lad off the bench still there (although he's off to Liverpool).
That's shit all to do with the league.

There may be a dozen or 2 top players of French nationality, but they've become world class BECAUSE they moved from France during formative years.
Obviously (as with anything) there are individual exceptions - but they don't disprove the rule.

Holland, Italy, France? At the moment, tearing up trees there shows nothing but a bit of potential.

July 19, 2018, 03:29:31 PM
Reply #217

Makis

So you lot wouldn't take Mbappe because he plays in a shite league?

July 19, 2018, 03:30:05 PM
Reply #218

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
nah, @brap2 , they have a 23 man squad and 8 of the m play in France. In the final there was 1 started plying his trade in France & 1 lad off the bench still there (although he's off to Liverpool).
That's shit all to do with the league.

There may be a dozen or 2 top players of French nationality, but they've become world class BECAUSE they moved from France during formative years.
Obviously (as with anything) there are individual exceptions - but they don't disprove the rule.

Holland, Italy, France? At the moment, tearing up trees there shows nothing but a bit of potential.

So what leagues do we buy from then? Because pretty much every league has been dismissed on here at some time.

Massive potential in France, as has just been proved by them winning the World Cup. Itís a market we should be looking to tap into.

Itís certainly a lot better than the Ďsolid premier league playerí market weíve been tapping into for the last 20 years.

July 19, 2018, 03:30:25 PM
Reply #219

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
So you lot wouldn't take Mbappe because he plays in a shite league?

But itís not a shite league.

July 19, 2018, 03:30:40 PM
Reply #220

blue slug

Malcom is a huge prospect in my opinion, would be a great signing for us

July 19, 2018, 03:35:38 PM
Reply #221

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

July 19, 2018, 03:40:23 PM
Reply #222

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Possibly misunderstanding part of my point. So to clarify my position:

I'm not saying we dont buy from there.
I'm saying that looking good there means the square root of fuck all because it *IS* a shit league.
National team performance does not reflect on national league standard when nearly all of the national team players play abroad.

It's the same as buying a star from the championship or Scotland. Would i like to see Ryan Sessegnon or Tierney come in? Of course.
Will i be expecting them to be as good for us in the the premier league as they were for Celtic in Scotland or Sessegnon in the championship? No. They may be. They may be better. But i wouldnt put my mortgage on it.
The exact same goes for any league outside of our own to more or less the same extent. The only players that you can back to be as good are above us buying at the moment, so we have to roll the dice on these other lads.

But make no mistake, it is a roll of the dice and playing in France is not a relevant point of comparison.

July 19, 2018, 03:42:24 PM
Reply #223

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

July 19, 2018, 03:44:10 PM
Reply #224

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Thatís written using would be/ could be.

Nothing concrete either way.

Didnít say it was concrete but my guess is they will outbid us.