September 20, 2018, 05:19:55 PM

Author Topic: Richarlison  (Read 36467 times)

July 25, 2018, 07:00:11 PM
Reply #855

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think he definitely score more than 10 per season, I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t score 15

Don’t do it to yourself.

If your 21/22 year old winger scores anywhere near 10 you should be overjoyed.

Players who tend to get that or above regularly are your Hazard, Son, Sanchez, Arnautovic has got 11 twice, Mahrez, think pedro once or twice, Mané and salah obviously, our boy Theo of course.

Edit: rahhhheeeeem
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 07:02:08 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 25, 2018, 07:01:14 PM
Reply #856

Ramjam

It will depend on where our attacking emphasis is.

Off top of my head I can think of salah, Sanchez, Sterling who score 15 league goals. Maybe Son got close last year.

But they play for the best teams. We'd have to explode attacking wise to provide that platform to get 15+ or channel everything at him.

10 is a decent target I'd say, in the short term
Kane & Lukaku
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 25, 2018, 07:08:19 PM
Reply #857

Gash

Global Moderator
Absolutely.

Plus based on the fact Martyn Waghorn has just gone for £12m despite being arguably one of the crappest players ever, if richarlison spends the next 2 years cleaning boots and working in the canteen we should break even.

It's £8m and heavily linked to add ons apparently. 16 goals and 11 assists, £8m is probably the norm these days for a goal scorer in the Championship. Nice lift when they only paid £250k for him.

July 25, 2018, 07:30:49 PM
Reply #858

Robioto

Kane & Lukaku

They are centre forwards not wingers. You may have missed the point of @GLewis 's post.

July 25, 2018, 07:49:48 PM
Reply #859

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's £8m and heavily linked to add ons apparently. 16 goals and 11 assists, £8m is probably the norm these days for a goal scorer in the Championship. Nice lift when they only paid £250k for him.

Fair enough.

Don’t believe everything you read online kids!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 25, 2018, 07:51:21 PM
Reply #860

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber

Imagine how a player like this must feel on your first day at Everton and Finch Farm, when you've spent your last 12 months at Watford, where I assume it would have been done at the local leisure centre with a gang of mockney youths snapping at your ankles, gasping for selfies while you go through your medical.

July 25, 2018, 08:39:14 PM
Reply #861

arteta4spain

I don't get this "if he proves his worth we can sell him for this much” why do we need to sell? If he's playing to his potential or even playing beyond what we're expecting then we need to keep him. Sick of the thinking that we have to sell players once they have a good season. Too much chopping and changing if we do that. If we don't win things then fine I get that and the player/s might want to leave. I just don't see the need to justify the price we've paid for a player by saying we can make a profit.
I get that we should be financially prudent but still it has a negative defeatist attitude to me.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:40:19 PM by arteta4spain »

July 25, 2018, 08:46:45 PM
Reply #862

Cereal Killer

I don't get this "if he proves his worth we can sell him for this much” why do we need to sell? If he's playing to his potential or even playing beyond what we're expecting then we need to keep him. Sick of the thinking that we have to sell players once they have a good season. Too much chopping and changing if we do that. If we don't win things then fine I get that and the player/s might want to leave. I just don't see the need to justify the price we've paid for a player by saying we can make a profit.
I get that we should be financially prudent but still it has a negative defeatist attitude to me.

Yeah I'd prefer if we get no return on him cos he's retired at 35 after 14 years of winning trophy after trophy....

July 25, 2018, 08:59:46 PM
Reply #863

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
@arteta4spain @Cereal Killer

Yeah of course, just mean in light of every man and his dog saying it’s a shite deal and we should have just gone back in time and bought zidane for the same money - it’s not THAT expensive relative to transfer fees atm and his potential.

Plus as a club we should concentrate a bit more on bringing in players that are a) boss and b) we can see for more when we need to.

July 25, 2018, 09:05:35 PM
Reply #864

KoemansNumberTens

It's nothing new though. They did it all last summer and they were proved mostly right. Only Pickford and Sigurdsson worked out, and only Pickford really justified his value. Fingers crossed Richarlison can be a success this season.

They did the opposite last year. They are now telling what should have been last years story

July 25, 2018, 09:10:17 PM
Reply #865

themilkycoffees

Talking more about fans of other clubs there myself. Either way, let's hope for a different result this season.

July 25, 2018, 09:13:52 PM
Reply #866

KoemansNumberTens

Talking more about fans of other clubs there myself. Either way, let's hope for a different result this season.

Fuck um. It’s just an easy story to tell. Just add these to the list of our previous bad buys. The truth is they’ve no clue what they are talking about. Our signings will prove their worth on the pitch

July 25, 2018, 09:46:32 PM
Reply #867

kramer0

We still have the stink of the Bolasie and Sigurdsson deals on us, hence much of the derision from the media and supporters of other clubs.

This is not the same type of transfer. Richarlison's shot profile and ability to win fouls suggest that he's well capable of growing in to the fee, especially given how young he is.

One or two good seasons and clubs at the top of the league will be calling for him.

July 25, 2018, 09:59:46 PM
Reply #868

Bluedylan

The level of trolling and misinformation from fans of other clubs (including the brainless cult of RS) has gone to new levels with this signing.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 25, 2018, 10:05:55 PM
Reply #869

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I remember when we paid 2.5 million for Cottee, we'd over paid.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer