July 13, 2020, 10:22:51 PM

Author Topic: Richarlison  (Read 117914 times)

August 29, 2019, 07:30:46 PM
Reply #1230

sam of the south

Still, at least he didnít celebrate a draw at home with the mighty West Brom, with the whole team, like complete bellends  :whistle:

Please tweet that in response to all of those mugs
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

August 29, 2019, 07:40:40 PM
Reply #1231

Gary1878

I wish other footballers would have the maturity of this lad and carry that mentality in their careers. Bravo Richy.

October 21, 2019, 02:49:24 PM
Reply #1232

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Long term option up top do we reckon?

The pros are he's a multi faceted threat, in that he is dangerous in the box from any kind of cross, he can take a man on 1v1, has pace in behind and definitely has the strength and build to bully. Smells a goal, long term if you turn him into a functional striker you've got a potential superstar number 9.

The cons are that his hold up typically hasn't been very good, in my opinion (the weekend aside) he's actually been light years away from Calvert-Lewin in knowing the role and being able to bring the ball under control and lay it off.

At the weekend he seemed much stronger, maybe players closer to him with better options rather than Gylfi and Seamus when he's stuck on the right? Maybe the work he's been doing that he mentioned before the game has paid off and he is better at the role.

My personal feeling is that with the more fluid footballers in the side, we were able to build up through the middle with our best passing of the season by a million miles. This was helped by pellegrini playing hype job rice as a single pivot allowing Gomes, Davies and Iwobi to just pocket him and play however they wanted. With all that control of the pitch we had to go Keane - CF or DM - CF much less, so the balls pinged into Calvert-Lewin we usually see just werent there.

Perhaps in this set up DCL would be even better? Think he would personally but can understand going forward hell probably play when we need that stretching outball fired at his chin or 3 foot above him, while rich will probably play when we are confident of having the ball.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 21, 2019, 02:55:56 PM
Reply #1233

Lxxx

Any of our strikers would look decent with 4-5 footballers around them.

They can all run the channels, all move well across the line, all have the energy of youth... We just needed some players capable of passing and moving behind them and not just looking left to right and back again.

In my opinion whoever plays up top will look better with the team selection we had at weekend.

October 21, 2019, 03:58:06 PM
Reply #1234

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Long term option up top do we reckon?

The pros are he's a multi faceted threat, in that he is dangerous in the box from any kind of cross, he can take a man on 1v1, has pace in behind and definitely has the strength and build to bully. Smells a goal, long term if you turn him into a functional striker you've got a potential superstar number 9.

The cons are that his hold up typically hasn't been very good, in my opinion (the weekend aside) he's actually been light years away from Calvert-Lewin in knowing the role and being able to bring the ball under control and lay it off.

At the weekend he seemed much stronger, maybe players closer to him with better options rather than Gylfi and Seamus when he's stuck on the right? Maybe the work he's been doing that he mentioned before the game has paid off and he is better at the role.

My personal feeling is that with the more fluid footballers in the side, we were able to build up through the middle with our best passing of the season by a million miles. This was helped by pellegrini playing hype job rice as a single pivot allowing Gomes, Davies and Iwobi to just pocket him and play however they wanted. With all that control of the pitch we had to go Keane - CF or DM - CF much less, so the balls pinged into Calvert-Lewin we usually see just werent there.

Perhaps in this set up DCL would be even better? Think he would personally but can understand going forward hell probably play when we need that stretching outball fired at his chin or 3 foot above him, while rich will probably play when we are confident of having the ball.

Easily his best performance in a while and he actually looked a centre forward where in the past he's looked like a winger playing centre forward

I agree, the more fluid we are, the quicker we pass the ball, the more we play facing their defenders the more of a threat we look. I dont want to get carried away cos of how woeful, no, wank, west ham were but there was a lot of positives from our performance on saturday. I wouldnt change anything for the weekend
Simply simply lovely

October 21, 2019, 04:08:22 PM
Reply #1235

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Easily his best performance in a while and he actually looked a centre forward where in the past he's looked like a winger playing centre forward

I agree, the more fluid we are, the quicker we pass the ball, the more we play facing their defenders the more of a threat we look. I dont want to get carried away cos of how woeful, no, wank, west ham were but there was a lot of positives from our performance on saturday. I wouldnt change anything for the weekend

Think we'll se Delph come in for Davies to be honest, which I will be sad about but understand, just as long as Iwobi stays in the 10 and Bernard stays on the left ill be OK.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 21, 2019, 04:59:04 PM
Reply #1236

formerKHL

my only issue with Richy playing up front is when he plays with his back to goal....simply put he cant do it and looks to go down to easy...hence no lay off or bring playing into play (obviously not every time)

when he plays on the half turn he's virtually un playable....good centre halfs know this and don't allow it and get him squared up....hence he cant play with his back to goal....and goes down looking for the foul instead...

coupled with the fact he never looks happy playing there..i don't know whether that's just him looking a miserable cunt because he's playing "out of position" .....or whether he is always just a miserable cunt...haha

October 21, 2019, 05:18:44 PM
Reply #1237

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
my only issue with Richy playing up front is when he plays with his back to goal....simply put he cant do it and looks to go down to easy...hence no lay off or bring playing into play (obviously not every time)

when he plays on the half turn he's virtually un playable....good centre halfs know this and don't allow it and get him squared up....hence he cant play with his back to goal....and goes down looking for the foul instead...

coupled with the fact he never looks happy playing there..i don't know whether that's just him looking a miserable cunt because he's playing "out of position" .....or whether he is always just a miserable cunt...haha
Itís his preferred position so heís a miserable cunt then

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

October 21, 2019, 05:42:08 PM
Reply #1238

dazfrancis

Think we'll se Delph come in for Davies to be honest, which I will be sad about but understand, just as long as Iwobi stays in the 10 and Bernard stays on the left ill be OK.

It's not an outrageous change, Delph has a bit more graft.

Agree Bernard is better defensively than Iwobi and Iwobi is a better out ball than Sigurdsson

October 21, 2019, 06:27:40 PM
Reply #1239

Waltzer

Any of our strikers would look decent with 4-5 footballers around them.

They can all run the channels, all move well across the line, all have the energy of youth... We just needed some players capable of passing and moving behind them and not just looking left to right and back again.

In my opinion whoever plays up top will look better with the team selection we had at weekend.
Yes and no, I think its slightly doing Ricky a disservice as I think his movement and attacking threat gave them more opportunities and put balls in and more time to operate and express themselves. I think Kean has that movement, but not the maturity to do that all the time yet, I think DCL had the maturity but not the movement and defenders aren't as worried about him as they would be with Ricky. That's why u think we have to go with Ricky at the moment up front then bring Kean on in the latter stages

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 21, 2019, 07:05:02 PM
Reply #1240

formerKHL

I actually thought the last 10 mins was screaming out for a DCL header on the end of a cross...

was surprised he never came on..

October 21, 2019, 08:21:15 PM
Reply #1241

Macca77

Richarlison was a menace and looked dangerous for 90 mins, they struggled to cope with that, DCL could learn a thing or two from him.

October 22, 2019, 07:57:36 PM
Reply #1242

Juanito

As a 9 he is different to DCL in that he will ghost into wide positions and look to take on players more and sit back. Bit of a false 9 that works when you have 3 footballers behind him like Gomes, Davies and Iwobi. I would like to see the same team against Brighton in a 4-3-3 with Kean coming on for Walcott for the last 30 minutes before eventually taking his place.

Pickford
Sidibe   Keane   Mina.  Digne
       Gomes Davies Iwobi
   Kean     Richarlison  Bernard

With Kean and Richarlison interchanging.

October 23, 2019, 04:23:27 AM
Reply #1243

Toddacelli

I think @brap2 's analysis of his current game is pretty spot-on.

However, because of his back-to-goal shortcomings, I think he'd have to play as an elusive striker who roams the front line - giving him the option to attack at an angle, which he seems far more comfortable with and effective at.

It would also require the 10 knowing when to fill the gap and when to hold, but I think that is pretty easy. I reckon Iwobi would do it well as he's quite mobile, but I reckon Sigurdsson would just turn up for 3 mins a game and still have scored more by the end of the season.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 25, 2019, 02:37:44 AM
Reply #1244

Macca77