July 13, 2020, 08:39:01 PM

Author Topic: Richarlison  (Read 117903 times)

November 08, 2019, 01:34:00 AM
Reply #1290

KoemansNumberTens

Annoys me as much as anyone, he's dreadful for it.

He's so not the first or last to do it!

Is there anyone worse at it though? Thatís my only issue. He just seems to stop competing to do a series of very unconvincing dives. Almost like he gets frustrated and completely stops backing himself

November 08, 2019, 01:43:28 AM
Reply #1291

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Apologies if this has already been mentioned and I've missed it, but as bad as his diving has been this season I think it's a symptom of some of the rough treatment he got last season.  Especially early in the season, he was targeted by opposition players and kicked all over the shop.  Usually with very little protection from referees.

I'm absolutely not saying that it's not his fault or that he's not been going to ground pretty pathetically this season.  But it wouldn't surprise me if it was at least in part a reaction to the treatment he has been on the receiving end of.

November 08, 2019, 03:24:17 AM
Reply #1292

Toddacelli

Problem with him is that he's not very good at diving or winning fouls. He stays down too long, rolls around and makes too much of a deal of nothing. If he got up an and looked at the ref instead of staying down and holding his face then he might have more success.

I don't get it - are people annoyed that he cheats or are people annoyed that he doesn't cheat better?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 08, 2019, 03:27:20 AM
Reply #1293

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If youíre going to cheat then do it properly. Have no issues if he cheats if it actually works.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

November 08, 2019, 03:43:40 AM
Reply #1294

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Tbh itís 2019 and Iíve spent too many years being arsed about divers. Canít muster the guster to be arsed about it anymore let alone stressing out whether or not I deem him a good diver or not.

November 08, 2019, 03:48:47 AM
Reply #1295

KoemansNumberTens

I don't get it - are people annoyed that he cheats or are people annoyed that he doesn't cheat better?

Heís rubbish at it is the problem. The whole idea of cheating is to gain an advantage and all it does is cost us possession

November 08, 2019, 05:15:43 AM
Reply #1296

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Itís funny, Iíve never really taken to him as a player. I know heís one of our current best but Iím not overly fussed on his style for some reason.

Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

November 08, 2019, 05:27:37 AM
Reply #1297

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Great player.

It annoys me how much he goes down but it really isnít that much of an issue as he gives us so much in other departments.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 08, 2019, 06:47:20 AM
Reply #1298

eyesalwaysblue

Maybe try and beat the man first before flopping and diving, wouldn't be as pathetic then, refs are mostly just ignoring him now...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 08, 2019, 01:03:19 PM
Reply #1299

Macca77

Need to enjoy him while he's here, he'll be off when one of the bigger boys come knocking for him

November 08, 2019, 01:24:51 PM
Reply #1300

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe try and beat the man first before flopping and diving, wouldn't be as pathetic then, refs are mostly just ignoring him now...

One of these days he will get a pen awarded, then guess what, he will become only the second player in history to get a retrospective ban for simulation.

November 08, 2019, 02:54:02 PM
Reply #1301

GrantyBoy78

Need to enjoy him while he's here, he'll be off when one of the bigger boys come knocking for him
Probably, but thereís only a handful of clubs that could afford him.

November 08, 2019, 02:54:31 PM
Reply #1302

GrantyBoy78

One of these days he will get a pen awarded, then guess what, he will become only the second player in history to get a retrospective ban for simulation.
...and Siggy will miss the pen

November 08, 2019, 03:07:06 PM
Reply #1303

Waltzer

Probably, but thereís only a handful of clubs that could afford him.

Do you really think any of the clubs that could afford him would actually want him? In my opinion hes miles off being at that level, he could get there but I think he still has a lot to prove and for the money we'd want I cant see him going anywhere unless he massively improves on his output.

November 08, 2019, 03:22:15 PM
Reply #1304

.Matty

I'm not annoyed. I just want him to play smarter.  As an example,  Pienaar and Arteta were great at drawing fouls. Positioning their body so the foul appears to be committed. Sometimes it was, sometimes it wasn't a foul but more often than not they won the free kick. When you compare that to the way Richarlison goes down like he's been shot and stays down, he's just not convincing.

Sent from my SM-G975F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app