October 17, 2018, 01:19:12 AM

Author Topic: Lucas Digne  (Read 27058 times)

August 09, 2018, 07:06:58 PM
Reply #645

Lazarou

my dads alreadt calling him dig ney

My dad is terrible with foreign names. He just can't get them right at all. They are just a approximation.

Thankfully Bernard is one of our new signings.
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

August 30, 2018, 09:41:43 PM
Reply #646

Toffee_4_Life

So quickly scanning back through this and from a bit of memory about the thread when he first joined; the talk was that he is solid defensively but doesn’t offer much going forward.....!

I’d like to think last night alone debunked that. Regardless of opposition he was pressed high up, asking for the ball, linking well with quick one-two’s and delivery was mostly spot on (left and right foot!)

If he’s as good as suggested defensively by the Barca crowd we will have a hell of a player on our hands and I think after Baines display against B’mouth it won’t be long until he take over as number 1.

Apparently quite the looker too, took the Mrs to her first ever game last night and she already wants him on the back of her shirt (claims it’s due to how he played though 😉 )

August 30, 2018, 09:54:00 PM
Reply #647

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
There was some glorious interlpay between him and the midfield infront of him.

Wasn't as much overlap as i would like. But that may well be a systemic change as Kenny didn't really either.

August 30, 2018, 09:54:15 PM
Reply #648

sam of the south

So quickly scanning back through this and from a bit of memory about the thread when he first joined; the talk was that he is solid defensively but doesn’t offer much going forward.....!

I’d like to think last night alone debunked that. Regardless of opposition he was pressed high up, asking for the ball, linking well with quick one-two’s and delivery was mostly spot on (left and right foot!)

If he’s as good as suggested defensively by the Barca crowd we will have a hell of a player on our hands and I think after Baines display against B’mouth it won’t be long until he take over as number 1.

Apparently quite the looker too, took the Mrs to her first ever game last night and she already wants him on the back of her shirt (claims it’s due to how he played though 😉 )

That last last sentence sounded a bit swingery
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 30, 2018, 09:58:07 PM
Reply #649

Toffee_4_Life

There was some glorious interlpay between him and the midfield infront of him.

Wasn't as much overlap as i would like. But that may well be a systemic change as Kenny didn't really either.

Yeah definitely a play style thing I think. Not just bombing past and putting a cross in from the by line. More attempts for a systematic approach and patient build up to let either the full backs or wing forward play a pass into the box.

August 30, 2018, 09:59:50 PM
Reply #650

BlueForYou

Dig the new breed - you've got me swinging the blues
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 30, 2018, 10:21:45 PM
Reply #651

sam of the south

August 30, 2018, 11:17:39 PM
Reply #652

Toddacelli

Yeah she definitely wanted 'him' on the back of her shirt - not just his name!   lolol

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 30, 2018, 11:31:56 PM
Reply #653

Evertonian in NC

He's sexy as fuck as a player, and as a man...he reminds me of the "Woody...I'm going to steal your girlfriend!" character from "Cheers."

/yes, I am old as fuck
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 30, 2018, 11:42:03 PM
Reply #654

Toddacelli

He's sexy as fuck as a player, and as a man...he reminds me of the "Woody...I'm going to steal your girlfriend!" character from "Cheers."

/yes, I am old as fuck

NORRRRRRM!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 30, 2018, 11:48:36 PM
Reply #655

BlueForYou

Coach
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 30, 2018, 11:54:32 PM
Reply #656

Evertonian in NC

I would watch the fuck out of an Everton version of Cheers, if anyone with BBC connections wants to make it.  The role of Sam Malone can be replaced with Trevor Steven.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 31, 2018, 12:15:27 AM
Reply #657

BlueForYou

Big Nev as Cliff

Harry Catterick

August 31, 2018, 12:44:21 AM
Reply #658

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I'm all for Digne getting a run but not into writing Baines off yet. This season has enough games were they will both get chances

August 31, 2018, 01:29:29 AM
Reply #659

sam of the south

I would watch the fuck out of an Everton version of Cheers, if anyone with BBC connections wants to make it.  The role of Sam Malone can be replaced with Trevor Steven.

“Idea for a programme..”