August 16, 2018, 01:08:12 PM

Poll

Which of the following brings out the cold sweats the most?

Ashley Williams still being here
15 (21.1%)
No new CB signed
17 (23.9%)
No LB signed
2 (2.8%)
Lookman's situation
6 (8.5%)
A distinct lack of midfield creativity
21 (29.6%)
The unnecessary panicking from preseason games which ignore that we played well (with the “proper” team) vs decent opposition.
10 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: Poll: Which worries you the most?  (Read 1129 times)

July 27, 2018, 04:44:45 AM
Reply #15

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The unnecessary panicking from preseason games which ignore that we played well (with the “proper” team) vs decent opposition.

Can do without wild moaning before the real stuff even starts.

July 27, 2018, 04:51:53 AM
Reply #16

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Was Williams horrible again?

Was he ever good or did I just get blagged by him getting smashed in the face with the ball on motd and thought he was a fucking grock.

July 27, 2018, 05:00:13 AM
Reply #17

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Can do without wild moaning before the real stuff even starts.

Added.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

July 27, 2018, 05:00:14 AM
Reply #18

SANA_DR0

Was Williams horrible again?

Was he ever good or did I just get blagged by him getting smashed in the face with the ball on motd and thought he was a fucking grock.

i recall him being immense for 18months for Swansea and Wales..i guess we where 2 years to late in signing him..
was amped when we signed him as i thought he was the genuine article (kinda like jag the last 10 years)
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 27, 2018, 05:08:43 AM
Reply #19

Macca77

Williams was never immense, flattered to desive in a poor Swansea team

July 27, 2018, 05:14:51 AM
Reply #20

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Midfield creativity for me.

I agree we looked better with the regular players on, but it's a glaring hole in our squad right now. Someone who can pick a pass, we don't even have a makeshift Rooney anymore (who I believe was involved in creating a lot of goals last season).

Ideally I'd like someone who could pick the ball from deeper areas and run with it if necessary too.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 05:16:37 AM by blueToffee »

July 27, 2018, 05:15:34 AM
Reply #21

Ross

i recall him being immense for 18months for Swansea and Wales..i guess we where 2 years to late in signing him..
was amped when we signed him as i thought he was the genuine article (kinda like jag the last 10 years)

Was that the Swansea team that regularly conceded 50+ goals while he was the mainstay captain/defender? Or the Welsh teams that he fought off the talented efforts of John Collins, Danny Gabbidon, Chris Gunter or James Chester?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 05:23:06 AM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 27, 2018, 05:18:10 AM
Reply #22

Ross

A and B are too intrinsically linked @Goaljira for a fair vote.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 27, 2018, 05:24:19 AM
Reply #23

SANA_DR0

Was that the Swansea that regularly conceded 50+ goals while he was the mainstay captain/defender? Or the Welsh teams that he fought off the talented efforts of John Collins, Danny Gabbidon, Chris Gunter or James Chester?

it was how he cleared and tackled when the striker was the favorite, also he never say attitude.

all of those things we never saw at Everton.. as i said above. so many times i thought the attacker was about to score, then williams produced miracles...

i know those teams sucked defensively, so did we when we had Stones.. but yet he;s the most expensive English defender.

you cant  base a player on how shit the team is... well you can, but its a short sightedness/an injustice of the player on question.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 27, 2018, 05:25:37 AM
Reply #24

SANA_DR0

Williams was never immense, flattered to desive in a poor Swansea team

maybe not immense for Swansea. but for Wales in the Euros, he was a stand out player, and thats what made me think he was immense.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 27, 2018, 05:41:32 AM
Reply #25

Ross

it was how he cleared and tackled when the striker was the favorite, also he never say attitude.

all of those things we never saw at Everton.. as i said above. so many times i thought the attacker was about to score, then williams produced miracles...

i know those teams sucked defensively, so did we when we had Stones.. but yet he;s the most expensive English defender.

you cant  base a player on how shit the team is... well you can, but its a short sightedness/an injustice of the player on question.

He’s a championship defender getting payed champions league wages.

Fair play to him and his agent for exploiting Garth Bales achievements in the euros a few years back but sadly he just represents the beginning of the stupidity of our transfers policy’s over the last 3 summers. 

July 27, 2018, 12:12:03 PM
Reply #26

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
A and B are too intrinsically linked @Goaljira for a fair vote.

I don't believe so.  I'm fairly confident we'll bring in a CB, but for me whilst Williams is still here I can't relax that he won't be at some point the other CB.  So thats what worries me most.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

July 27, 2018, 01:50:00 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
we don’t just lack creativity in midfield, we lack any semblance of control.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 27, 2018, 01:55:37 PM
Reply #28

blue slug

Williams has and always will be shit, we desperately need creativity in the middle of the park and someone who can find the back of the net if we are going to be creating limited amounts of chances

July 27, 2018, 03:43:53 PM
Reply #29

formerKHL

what worries me the most is I keep hearing rumours Walcott is not happy here.....

hope it's shite...….but...…..