September 21, 2018, 02:22:28 AM

Author Topic: Rennes v Everton - Saturday 28 July - 5:30pm  (Read 5368 times)

July 29, 2018, 12:38:01 AM
Reply #195

eyesalwaysblue

It's ok us being shit in places as long as it's recognised how bad some players are, the worry is wether the powers that be see it, they seem to try and shut the gate after the horse has bolted too often, this year it's the centre half situation, they'll probably scramble now to sign one and buy another donkey in panic.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

July 29, 2018, 12:38:32 AM
Reply #196

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

You know what, it wouldnt be such a bad idea playing Coleman right mid with Kenny RB if Walcott is unavailable.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 12:40:26 AM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

July 29, 2018, 12:39:04 AM
Reply #197

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
In no simple terms its fair to say the majority of the players are pure and simple shit.
They've downed tooled three previous managers.
We'll jostle with a few other sides for 7th spot.

No, I just think some very key positions are in question here.

We do have players to come back but I think there are big question marks over maybe 4 of our probable starting XI.

July 29, 2018, 12:40:05 AM
Reply #198

Cuttyblue

Keane and Schneids were useless there first half ...but again it's still only pre season .

Schneiderlin remains my #1 "Get out of our Club" player.  Complete jogger, like playing w 10 men.

July 29, 2018, 12:40:38 AM
Reply #199

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Basically, we need a new middle. Get rid of Kean, Schneiderlin and Gana and get some genuine quality in there.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

July 29, 2018, 12:40:57 AM
Reply #200

sam of the south

Rennes dive about just as effectively as Lille.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 29, 2018, 12:41:58 AM
Reply #201

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It's ok us being shit in places as long as it's recognised how bad some players are, the worry is wether the powers that be see it, they seem to try and shut the gate after the horse has bolted too often, this year it's the centre half situation, they'll probably scramble now to sign one and buy another donkey in panic.

That should be the calming factor here, we’re linked with players most would say we’re lacking. CB, LB, striker and some central midfield links.

Its a new bunch of people in charge of transfers though, so it’s just whether or not we can pull off those signings we need. Therein lies the doubt.

July 29, 2018, 12:42:23 AM
Reply #202

Evertonian in NC

Schneiderlin remains my #1 "Get out of our Club" player.  Complete jogger, like playing w 10 men.

I'm hoping we play with one DM this season, and Morgan is solely Gana's backup.  Davies and Siggy need to work together in attack (Davies tracks back plenty)
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 29, 2018, 12:44:13 AM
Reply #203

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Playing better now. Not much, but an improvement.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

July 29, 2018, 12:44:15 AM
Reply #204

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Looking better last few mins.

July 29, 2018, 12:44:17 AM
Reply #205

Simon Paul

Administrator
even the baby got a shout-out with her casual racism today

just need a goal and it's sound today

July 29, 2018, 12:45:12 AM
Reply #206

indiantoffee1975

No, I just think some very key positions are in question here.

We do have players to come back but I think there are big question marks over maybe 4 of our probable starting XI.

No mate. The side which has started. Two should be subs and Keane shouldn't be at the club. Only one holding midfielder. Schneiderlin is a cart horse. Sandro can go.
Sigurdsson is also a worry for me, big season for him.

July 29, 2018, 12:45:28 AM
Reply #207

Everton Mint

There's no way Silva will be fooled after what he's seen in Pre-season.

He will know what a huge job he has on to rebuild this team.

Biggest issue could be clearing out all the deadwood.

July 29, 2018, 12:45:52 AM
Reply #208

Bluedylan

Much better from Gana. Taking the ball on the turn and giving it sharply into feet to an advanced player.

Annoys me that none of our midfielders seem to realise that this is their main job in the team.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 29, 2018, 12:47:04 AM
Reply #209

Cozzie

Silva sides concede a lot of goals.

We have a very poor group of CB's

Mori has been sold, Holgate aint ready, Jags is too old, Keane is plain shite and Williams.....

Not just Mina we need 2 CB's in my opinion.