November 16, 2018, 06:23:48 PM

Author Topic: Today's Football 2018/19  (Read 34179 times)

August 19, 2018, 07:57:04 PM
Reply #270

stirlingblue

Aguero was about 2 yards offside there wasn't he?

EDIT: Apparently you can’t be offside from a goal kick, I didn’t know that
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 07:58:17 PM by stirlingblue »

August 19, 2018, 07:57:50 PM
Reply #271

Shogun

Administrator
Aguero was about 2 yards offside there wasn’t he?

Can't be offside from a goal kick
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 19, 2018, 07:59:09 PM
Reply #272

Shogun

Administrator
Ridiculous ball from Ederson
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 19, 2018, 08:07:45 PM
Reply #273

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Mendy is incredible, isn’t he. Fascinated to see what he’ll do this season.

August 19, 2018, 08:13:53 PM
Reply #274

GrantyBoy78

I can appreciate greatness but I’ve got absolutely no interest in watching City batter Huddersfield. It’s not competitive, there’s no passion and the players and fans celebrate goals like they’re watching the Dog & Duck on a cold Tuesday night.

August 19, 2018, 08:59:53 PM
Reply #275

Bluedylan

I can appreciate greatness but I’ve got absolutely no interest in watching City batter Huddersfield. It’s not competitive, there’s no passion and the players and fans celebrate goals like they’re watching the Dog & Duck on a cold Tuesday night.

For me, they're the only thing standing between the RS and a title, so I'm invested in every game they play in that sense. I am a bit of a Guardiola fan boy, in truth and have been for a long time.

That new Amazon documentary behind the scenes at City last season is right up my proverbial. Love seeing little insights into what it's really like at that level of football, and what the people involved are really like.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 19, 2018, 09:13:42 PM
Reply #276

KoemansNumberTens

For me, they're the only thing standing between the RS and a title, so I'm invested in every game they play in that sense. I am a bit of a Guardiola fan boy, in truth and have been for a long time.

That new Amazon documentary behind the scenes at City last season is right up my proverbial. Love seeing little insights into what it's really like at that level of football, and what the people involved are really like.

Love watching the classless mourinho getting upset and then talking about class

August 19, 2018, 09:27:44 PM
Reply #277

Bluedylan

Love watching the classless mourinho getting upset and then talking about class

And what's he even wittering on about? Like if he had a point, whether I agreed or not, I'd think 'I can see what he's trying to say'.

City and Guardiola are very into the whole 'open the doors, let the cameras in, I'll show you how we make players better' approach. Mourinho's much more old school 'the manager is the dictator, and I'll control the narrative and play mind games if I need to' approach.

Mourinho would never let the cameras into the club in any capacity, because he wants to hide behind smoke and mirrors. He doesn't want to demystify the process. He wants people to believe he's an all powerful sorcerer who controls all aspects. Again, very old-school almost Fergie-esque approach.

Don't get me wrong Guardiola's certainly got an ego, and he revels in his image as the forward thinking hipster, and plays upto it to some extent. I just prefer his style of management and obviously, his football. He's taken our entire league forward a level or two in the post-Fergie era, along with some other managers (Conte, Klopp).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 19, 2018, 10:10:40 PM
Reply #278

TheTone

Surely must be close to Tyler's retirement from commentating and I can't fucking wait

August 19, 2018, 10:11:35 PM
Reply #279

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Brighton looking pretty good here versus Man United in the first 10 minutes.

Lukaku should've scored just now though.

August 19, 2018, 10:28:34 PM
Reply #280

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
That's a great finish by Murray there. 1-0 Brighton, deserved too.

Man United could come back and win this, but the way they're playing is once again pretty poor.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mourinho leave this season, particularly if Man City can keep scoring bucket loads.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:30:53 PM by blueToffee »

August 19, 2018, 10:28:55 PM
Reply #281

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Wow. 2-0. Shane Duffy!

August 19, 2018, 10:29:33 PM
Reply #282

gizzblue

Get the fuck in Brighton  lolol
Born not made a blue .

August 19, 2018, 10:31:48 PM
Reply #283

Nicco

2-0 up now and a wonderful one touch chip from Murray for 1-0.
Jönköpings Södra IF

August 19, 2018, 10:46:02 PM
Reply #284

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Poor penalty, but it went in. 3-1 Brighton.

Man United look so lacklustre.