October 23, 2019, 06:39:16 AM

Author Topic: Today's Football 2018/19  (Read 175420 times)

August 19, 2018, 10:48:57 PM
Reply #15

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If Man Utd board were smart, they'd go out and throw some money at Pochettino to take over.

I'm sure the players would improve (albeit I do think they need some better players in some areas) plus you'd likely torpedo Spur's season at the same time.

August 19, 2018, 11:22:18 PM
Reply #16

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Man United's squad look like a better version of the side Koeman and Walsh put together.

I do think Mourinho isn't helping but they need a bit of a clear out too. Pretty much their entire back 4 for starters. They have star players but sprinkled amongst some fairly average players too.

August 19, 2018, 11:32:31 PM
Reply #17

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Too early to tell on Arsenal, they've had two crappy fixtures with a new manager. They've an easy run now and I expect them to be looking competitive soon enough. I still rate Emery as a manager too. That said, are they vulnerable...sure.

Unless Spurs have some injury issues, they're still solid top 4/5.

Man United...look a mess in this game but who knows. Vulnerable again though. However, they could easily fire Mourinho and get in Pochettino or Zidane perhaps and turn it all around pretty quickly.

Despite all that the door is slightly ajar but it would take us getting sorted defensively speaking pretty quickly.

August 20, 2018, 09:01:56 PM
Reply #18

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Newcastle’s Kenedy didn’t get a retrospective ban for that blatant kick out on Saturday vs Cardiff.

Genuinely you wonder what happens behind the scenes at the FA sometimes.

August 21, 2018, 03:32:43 AM
Reply #19

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I thought he got the ball. Going to need a replay.

EDIT: He didn't get the ball :). Deflected off Salah. Was a clumsy clash.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 03:34:02 AM by blueToffee »

August 24, 2018, 11:25:15 PM
Reply #20

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Mourinho to go soon then?

Up to the usual tricks for the pre-match presser to avoid speaking to the media prior to imminent departure

It'd be typical Mourinho to beat Spurs tomorrow and if he does the media will likely lose interest for a bit.

I think his position is getting a bit untenable though. They haven't really backed the players he wanted in this summer and that usually only means one thing.

I still think it'd be smart for them to get in Pochettino. It'd likely improve the type of football they were playing to appease the fans and destabilize one of their top 4 contenders in the process.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 11:26:27 PM by blueToffee »

August 25, 2018, 08:43:10 PM
Reply #21

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Man City looked lacklustre. Maybe De Bruyne is a bigger miss than first thought.

That said, the Wolves goal and the penalty that should’ve been against Silva is stuff that should’ve made the game very different.

Still kind of annoyed with the fawning over Wolves too. They were decent in the first half, albeit most of their best chances cane from Man City shoddy passing but sat back nearly the whole second half.

August 25, 2018, 09:06:10 PM
Reply #22

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
He will be a big miss, he’s one of the best players in the world.

Plus, officials aren’t going to be on their side this year.

They did have him out for a stretch last season too. I think the bigger issue was Man City don't look quite up and running yet, Guardiola is rotating a lot and they're just not quite clicking to the extent they were last season. That and the poor decisions today.

It probably will be a closer race this time out.

August 25, 2018, 11:36:54 PM
Reply #23

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Brighton on a 14-match winless away run in league...joy.

August 26, 2018, 10:14:05 PM
Reply #24

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Fulham leading against Burnley. Some squads just aren't capable of playing PL and EL, much like ours was not last time out.

For us I'd hope that another window or two with Brands given the problems he's tried to address and I think we'd actually look capable of playing in multiple competitions.

EDIT: :) Burnley making me eat my words 1-1 now.

DOUBLE EDIT: 3-1 Fulham :) I was right all along.

TRIPLE EDIT: 3-2 Never mind.

QUADRUPLE EDIT: finished 4-2. Joe Hart continuing his West Ham form
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 11:56:10 PM by blueToffee »

August 26, 2018, 10:17:34 PM
Reply #25

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Chelsea vs Newcastle, is another game of attack vs 10 at the back.

August 26, 2018, 10:51:49 PM
Reply #26

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Missed the story about Lascelles being dropped because he refused to train last week as part of a back 3.

Kinda weird story but perhaps he was denied a move and is throwing a strop?

August 27, 2018, 12:02:26 AM
Reply #27

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

The standard of officiating in this league is just utterly appalling.

Right infront of the linesman and he doesn’t give that?

Gets to the point now where the poor officiating is what’s deciding games.

People say VAR ruins football, right now it feels like it’s coming in just in time to save it.

August 28, 2018, 03:10:57 AM
Reply #28

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Man United really are pretty dreadful at the back.

August 28, 2018, 03:48:13 AM
Reply #29

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I can't think of a reason why Man United shouldn't go out and put an offer on the table for Pochettino tomorrow.

Spurs are a team, Man United are a collection of individuals.