October 14, 2019, 01:10:59 PM

Author Topic: Today's Football 2018/19  (Read 173711 times)

May 05, 2019, 02:35:05 PM
Reply #210

Bluedylan

I think it's a combination of genuine luck (Pickford and Lloris mistakes, Mahrez missed penalty), a bit of unconscious bias from referees who don't want to upset their lunatic manager and febrile fans, and they are a very good football team at the moment who spur themselves on in difficult situations with emotion and pure effort.

I agree with Jamo that if we're honest, they're an excellent team who nobody enjoys playing, as annoying as that is to us all.

The positive that I'm clinging to is that there's still an excellent chance that they will win nothing again, and there's absolutely no guarantees that they will match this form or have this run of fortune next season. You know for a fact City will invest again in the summer, and presumably improve, as well as getting De Bruyne back, buying a proper left back etc.

Hopefully for City, having a good few days without a game for the first time in ages will get them over the line against Leicester and Brighton.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 07, 2019, 04:21:05 AM
Reply #211

Bluedylan

Quite a calm, relaxing evening.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

May 08, 2019, 12:08:11 AM
Reply #212

Bluedylan

They'll be guns a blazin in the first 20. Wouldn't be surprised to see 2 goals for them at half.

Question is is how many will Barca have?

Without Salah and Firmino? Don't see it.

May 08, 2019, 01:39:51 AM
Reply #213

Bluedylan

Not a prayer that a team with Origi and Shaqiri replacing Salah and Firmino beats Barca by 3/4 clear goals.

May 08, 2019, 02:19:01 AM
Reply #214

Bluedylan

You's are all mad stressheads. As if Barca aren't scoring here at least 1 here.

May 08, 2019, 04:38:48 AM
Reply #215

Bluedylan

Nauseating obviously, but they were the better team over the two games, gotta say. Barca couldn't handle their intensity and aren't what they were.

May 26, 2019, 10:47:02 PM
Reply #216

Bluedylan

Maybe arsenal but be amazed if he didnít go to BarÁa.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/30/mauricio-pochettino-tottenham-barcelona

I think he's a man of his word. Perhaps I'm naive, but I do think he would stick to this.