October 21, 2018, 01:58:19 PM

Author Topic: Season predictions for us  (Read 3693 times)

August 03, 2018, 03:45:06 PM
Reply #15

gizzblue

7th --- 8th because below ya is a shitstorm ....and a bit more time in the other half the pitch from last year would be simply simply lovely .

August 03, 2018, 03:50:47 PM
Reply #16

Macca77

You have all failed the test, shame on you, shame on all of you!!

August 03, 2018, 03:52:31 PM
Reply #17

KoemansNumberTens

I’d like to see us win the league. We’ll finish about 14th if we start the season with what we have no though surely we aren’t that daft

August 03, 2018, 03:52:58 PM
Reply #18

mikey_blue

I don't think we will walk 8th like we did last year, the likes of Leicester and WHA have done good business and will be able to challenge us, 9th seems like a realstic position but with a much more interesting brand of football (Not hard) Some of the younger players having have got a great chance to shine this season. Got high hopes for Richarlison, I think he's going to rip it up.

The defence remains a worry. We're going to need to score a lot of goals to offset the amount we concede. Hopefully a CB in the last week of the window who can come in and give us some much needed stability at the back.

August 03, 2018, 04:15:48 PM
Reply #19

Paddockoldie

I think Wolves will surprise a few teams, including us maybe?

August 03, 2018, 04:17:15 PM
Reply #20

Ramjam

League- 7th
FA Cup -4th round
League cup -semi final
Home derby -draw
Away derby -loose
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 03, 2018, 04:21:33 PM
Reply #21

Lazarou

I would love it, to coin a phrase if we beat the shite at analfield. Just love it if we beat them.

I think Marco has decent record against them.
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

August 03, 2018, 04:26:48 PM
Reply #22

WeimaranerBlues

A bit more consistency for me,  some comfortable wins, and a bit more entertainment, and no bumming against the so called top 6.        However can easily see us getting smashed on occasions and finishing 10th with a massive neg GD.

League:8th 50pts
Cups Lge: 3rd rnd
F.A Cup :4th Rnd
Lose both derbies,
beat the mancs

August 03, 2018, 05:07:00 PM
Reply #23

Mac934

7th -10th
Cups a lottery, but, give both a decent go, not pick weakened teams.
Better football all round
Not to roll over against the top teams, if we are to lose, go down fighting with a decent display.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

August 03, 2018, 05:16:38 PM
Reply #24

Sixx1402

7th to 9th

Hopefully a semi final or final appearance in either of the cups

Better football, going for wins against the big boys and signs of progression in general

That will do me fine
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

August 03, 2018, 05:17:16 PM
Reply #25

Dr. Sponge

Depends heavily on the next week or so. We won’t go far with that spine. But two or three additions we could push for 6th again. Probably falling short again but back in the mix.

August 03, 2018, 05:22:24 PM
Reply #26

Robioto

I think Wolves will surprise a few teams, including us maybe?

I think they will beat us on the opening day, sending some into meltdown. They are far better prepared than us and have a good squad of players, we don't even have a complete squad with only 7 days to go. Only time will tell but on paper it's probably the best promoted team in many years and they will be raring to go next weekend.

August 03, 2018, 05:35:45 PM
Reply #27

Waltzer

Think its almost impossible to tell at the moment, as things stand I think a top 10 finish would be a push, the spine of our team is really weak, cant see us keeping any clean sheets and dont think we'll create enough either. However, if by next Thursday we've got a decent 1 or 2 centre backs, creative midfielder and another striker then 7th should be the minimum. Both flanks are solid, we just need to strengthen the middle, expect a defeat to Wolves as even if we do get those players in there is no way they'll be ready for the start

August 03, 2018, 05:44:25 PM
Reply #28

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Ask me in a week. At the moment I would say 9-10, with a new decent centre back or two and 1 or 2 ok signings, 7-8th. With 2 or 3 top class signings I reckon we can push for a European place. But as things stand I am not optimistic at all.

August 03, 2018, 06:22:26 PM
Reply #29

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I fancy Keane to come good and get 5th.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama