November 12, 2019, 07:01:13 AM

Author Topic: Season predictions for us  (Read 7092 times)

August 13, 2018, 04:01:30 AM
Reply #150

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Chelsea are a quality side and we are quite a way below them. They have a midfield of Kante Willian and Hazard, all of which would walk into our team, and pretty much any other team. Arsenal are our nearest rivals for 6th - it just depends on how well Emery can get them playing after Wenger.
Agreed but also keep an eye on Spurs. They have a very strong team but no new blood and 9 players involved in the WC semi-finals. That could turn into a lot of tired players come January. Maybe wishful thinking but fingers-crossed, still see 7th as realistic and 6th a very outside chance.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

August 13, 2018, 04:29:01 AM
Reply #151

UnsyisaRhino

Top 8 is a realistic finish, with top 6 as the target. If things click we could do it...but there I'd be happy with 7th/8th

August 13, 2018, 05:50:38 AM
Reply #152

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Letís aim for the title. One game at a time.

Even if it is unrealistic, at the start of every season I believe we can win the title.

Otherwise, whatís the point?

Realistically I except 6th or 7th.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 13, 2018, 06:04:06 AM
Reply #153

Toffee_4_Life

Should be aiming for seventh.

Realistically would any of our players get into any of the top 6 sides? Maybe Pickford and Colman at a stretch. Richarlison on the back of that wolves game?

We canít judge any of the new guys yet even if we do have high hopes.

Thinking weíll crack the top 6 is the long term aim but saying we Ďshouldí be there this season is a pipe dream on the back of one decent performance and the good mood of an excellent transfer deadline day.

August 13, 2018, 09:47:46 AM
Reply #154

Jamokachi

Have you been on the ale @eugene ? :)

August 13, 2018, 02:23:13 PM
Reply #155

74Blue

If we can continue in the same vein as we did at the weekend, we'll win far more games than we'll lose.
Last season, that game would have ended in a defeat. Let's just take the point, learn from the 2 goals conceded in that game and move on to the next one.
I believe that we will nick a couple of wins against the top six this season, and once we have our new signings bedded in and up to speed, who knows where we can go.
Patience is key though. If we see the performances on the pitch, the crowd are far more likely to cut Silva a lot more slack. He needs time to finish the rebuilding job that he and Brands have started so well, and as fans, we owe it to him to allow him this time.
A top 8 finish, with consistently good performances would be perfectly acceptable for this season. I just want to be entertained by what I am seeing on the pitch every week, rather than bored like I was with Koeman and Allardyce.
A decent cup run would be a bonus. It's been a while since we had a day out on the piss at Wembley (the Tottenham away game last season doesn't count)

May 13, 2019, 01:07:06 AM
Reply #156

indiantoffee1975

An 8th place finish this season, maybe another season down the line we'll be solidifying 7th and possibly knocking on 6th place?

May 13, 2019, 01:13:30 AM
Reply #157

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yarmolenko will score one goal all season and it will be a top bin peach against us.

Haha.

Nailed it
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 13, 2019, 01:13:51 AM
Reply #158

Shogun

Administrator
An 8th place finish this season, maybe another season down the line we'll be solidifying 7th and possibly knocking on 6th place?

Be a complete shake up next season I think.

Chelsea don’t have the players for Sarri’s style and will lose Hazard. Man United are in a big mess. Arsenal are doing well with Emery but his league record isn’t much to shout about.

Genuinely fancy Leicester and Everton to both be in with a shout of the top 6 next season.

May 13, 2019, 01:15:37 AM
Reply #159

Shogun

Administrator
Canít see any of the top six being weaker except maybe Man United so thatíll be a big ask.

Iíll be shocked if Burnley are as strong this season. Leicester look weaker without Mahrez and Vardy is another season closer to falling off a cliff.

Canít see any of the riff raff doing much different. West Ham certainly have better players than last season.

Wolves and Fulham could both have great seasons.

No real excuse not to be at least 9th I think.

Hopefully better than that but without any additions then I can only see this squad in 8th or 9th.

Smashed it this season me

May 13, 2019, 01:16:58 AM
Reply #160

Cozzie

Said 7th.

Got 8th.

Looking at how season went we really should have got it.

The Bournemouth and Wolves games we really should have won.

Couple of annoying draws as well at home, Huddersfield ffs.

We where easily worthy of a 60-65 point season there.

Dont reckon we will be far off that next season.

May 13, 2019, 01:19:12 AM
Reply #161

Gash

Global Moderator
Be a complete shake up next season I think.

Chelsea donít have the players for Sarriís style and will lose Hazard. Man United are in a big mess. Arsenal are doing well with Emery but his league record isnít much to shout about.

Genuinely fancy Leicester and Everton to both be in with a shout of the top 6 next season.

Watching Leicester against City the other night and I think man for man they're a better team than won the league.

May 13, 2019, 01:25:51 AM
Reply #162

Shogun

Administrator
Watching Leicester against City the other night and I think man for man they're a better team than won the league.

Yeah they probably need upgrades on Albrighton and Gray but theyíre not far off at all.

May 13, 2019, 04:07:06 AM
Reply #163

Fynci

7th-8th but a much more settled season which we can build on.

I want bonus points in the prediction league.

9th or 8th* and better football with one or two of Wolves, West Ham or Leicester finishing above us.

Although I expect that I will still be disapointed, really want us in Europe again.

As for cup runs, who knows, it would be nice to go far in both of the cups and at the very least take both the FA and League Cup seriously, play a full strength team and try and win them.

*Assumes we sign at least 2 first team players in the next week.

Do you want to pick my lottery numbers?

May 13, 2019, 06:39:01 AM
Reply #164

gizzblue

7th --- 8th because below ya is a shitstorm ....and a bit more time in the other half the pitch from last year would be simply simply lovely .

Was a simple ask but I was blob on  :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .