October 18, 2018, 08:56:33 PM

Author Topic: Season predictions for us  (Read 3658 times)

August 03, 2018, 06:34:16 PM
Reply #30

Shogun

Administrator
Canít see any of the top six being weaker except maybe Man United so thatíll be a big ask.

Iíll be shocked if Burnley are as strong this season. Leicester look weaker without Mahrez and Vardy is another season closer to falling off a cliff.

Canít see any of the riff raff doing much different. West Ham certainly have better players than last season.

Wolves and Fulham could both have great seasons.

No real excuse not to be at least 9th I think.

Hopefully better than that but without any additions then I can only see this squad in 8th or 9th.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 03, 2018, 06:36:09 PM
Reply #31

Ramjam

I fancy Keane to come good and get 5th.
What, is that 5th best CB at the club?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 03, 2018, 06:39:02 PM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

Genuinely think there's no point asking this till the window closes.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 03, 2018, 06:39:50 PM
Reply #33

GrantyBoy78

August 03, 2018, 06:42:34 PM
Reply #34

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Who do people have finishing above us?

Only West Ham below us that worry, even then there's something a bit scattergun about their business.

I'm going 7th again. Don't see anyone that finished below us getting top seven, and Burnley will struggle.

All on the assumption we're signing players like.

August 03, 2018, 07:19:52 PM
Reply #35

Shogun

Administrator
Who do people have finishing above us?

Only West Ham below us that worry, even then there's something a bit scattergun about their business.

I'm going 7th again. Don't see anyone that finished below us getting top seven, and Burnley will struggle.

All on the assumption we're signing players like.

If Wolves live up to the billing then they could finish above us. I don't think they will like, think they'll struggle with a 15 point deduction after the (allegedly) dodgy business with Mendes comes to light.

Think Fulham will be top half.

And as you say, West Ham.

August 03, 2018, 07:24:26 PM
Reply #36

Bluedylan

Wolves and Fulham have got some good players like, but they also have plenty of bog standard Championship players. Be surprised if either of them finish Top 10. It's great winning every week in the Championship, but you could see either team losing 6 or 7 on the bounce in the Prem.

August 03, 2018, 07:27:52 PM
Reply #37

Shogun

Administrator
Wolves and Fulham have got some good players like, but they also have plenty of bog standard Championship players. Be surprised if either of them finish Top 10. It's great winning every week in the Championship, but you could see either team losing 6 or 7 on the bounce in the Prem.

Quite interested to see Jokanovic have his chance in the premier league considering the way he turned around Fulham whilst producing good football. Deserves it after the way Watford jibbed him a couple of years ago too.

August 03, 2018, 07:31:16 PM
Reply #38

Bluedylan

Quite interested to see Jokanovic have his chance in the premier league considering the way he turned around Fulham whilst producing good football. Deserves it after the way Watford jibbed him a couple of years ago too.

Yeah be interesting to see both him and Nuno 'In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti' have a go at the Prem.

August 03, 2018, 07:42:40 PM
Reply #39

Mayor Farnum

We'll get to seventh with a mixture of good runs and poor runs.
As for the cups; if the draw is kind and keeps us at home against any decent opposition the feel good factor that is inevitable after last season could carry us to a final. However, an away draw to one of the big five in the early rounds will have us 'playing for pride' from January on-wards.

August 03, 2018, 07:44:46 PM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

We'll get to seventh with a mixture of good runs and poor runs.
As for the cups; if the draw is kind and keeps us at home against any decent opposition the feel good factor that is inevitable after last season could carry us to a final. However, an away draw to one of the big five in the early rounds will have us 'playing for pride' from January on-wards.

That almost sounded....dare I say it...optimistic.

August 03, 2018, 07:45:52 PM
Reply #41

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
More concerned about Wolves than I am West Ham. Their midfield is even worse than ours.

Fulham look OK but easy to say. Leicester have bought well again and player for player are better than us imo.

Southampton will be a different proposition this year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 03, 2018, 07:47:28 PM
Reply #42

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

CHANGS REVENGE!

Forum Newsbots gone mad - must have signed Mina, Lascelles, Loftus Cheek and Zaha.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:53:14 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

August 10, 2018, 11:26:08 PM
Reply #43

Macca77

Anyone wanna adjust their predictions, I see no reason why we can't finish in the top 6

August 10, 2018, 11:38:07 PM
Reply #44

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone wanna adjust their predictions, I see no reason why we can't finish in the top 6
Bloddy hope @Shogun will Ö. wonder what he was on about until I realised the post was dated the 3 and not the 10th of August  ;)