August 19, 2018, 07:20:32 AM

Author Topic: Season predictions for us  (Read 2893 times)

August 11, 2018, 02:13:08 AM
Reply #60

Mouse

That word patience again from me. Realistically, back to be being best of the rest and building a platform for something exceptional in 2019 (with an outside chance of one of the 6 having a mare of a season). At least one good cup run would be nice.

More than anything, I want to look forward to going to Goodison again rather than it feel like fulfilling a duty to turn up. I think I spent more time talking to the other ST holders around me than watching the match last season. I don't want ever again to hear ironic cheers when we have a shot on target  >:(

August 11, 2018, 02:29:30 AM
Reply #61

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
In a cup game there's no reason to think you can't. One off games yield unexpected results. Particularly in the league cup which we should go all out for while the above almost certainly won't

Agree on league cup, I suppose you have a point the old saying ďitís a cup game anything can happenĒ

August 11, 2018, 03:01:26 AM
Reply #62

American Evertonian

Anything less than 8th will be a disappointment.

I think we will finish 7th and take a few points off the big clubs
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

August 11, 2018, 03:57:46 AM
Reply #63

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I think we'll finish 7th unless West Ham click in which case we might have a battle on with them which could end up with us 8th.  I don't think Wolves, Fulham, Leicester, Burnley have enough about them to finish ahead of us.  I think we're helped by a relatively easy start to the season whilst the new players are being bedded in, but I don't think we'll be able to bridge the gap to the top 6 this season.  You never know though, sometimes football is mental.

Obviously a cup run would be massively appreciated too.

August 11, 2018, 04:12:26 AM
Reply #64

toffee_scot

As long as it's in the top 8 and we have a decent cup run somewhere.

August 11, 2018, 04:15:54 AM
Reply #65

Evertonian in NC

a week ago, was feeling 9/10, now I feel strong 7, with upside potential.  We will still fuck up the Cups because it's how we roll.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 11, 2018, 04:30:21 AM
Reply #66

Shogun

Administrator
I think we'll finish 7th unless West Ham click in which case we might have a battle on with them which could end up with us 8th.  I don't think Wolves, Fulham, Leicester, Burnley have enough about them to finish ahead of us.  I think we're helped by a relatively easy start to the season whilst the new players are being bedded in, but I don't think we'll be able to bridge the gap to the top 6 this season.  You never know though, sometimes football is mental.

Obviously a cup run would be massively appreciated too.

I think West .ham have made some good signings but I canít see why they appointed Pellegrini. He did win the league at City but his spell overall was disappointing and then he went to China for a bit and was probably expected to retire.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 11, 2018, 04:31:42 AM
Reply #67

april

6th or higher with luck and the implosion of Spurs or Arsenal, 7th should be minimum target. Plenty of goals at either end and good style.
Toffeegirls Rule.

August 11, 2018, 04:34:05 AM
Reply #68

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think West .ham have made some good signings but I canít see why they appointed Pellegrini. He did win the league at City but his spell overall was disappointing and then he went to China for a bit and was probably expected to retire.

Donít rate him.

Think one or two of West Hamís signings will be good, but not all nailed on.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 11, 2018, 04:39:39 AM
Reply #69

Shogun

Administrator
Donít rate him.

Think one or two of West Hamís signings will be good, but not all nailed on.

Same.

Expecting Yarmolenko to flop hard. Wilshere to be an underwhelming dickhead as well.

Anderson will be good I reckon and Diop too. Arnautovic will probably carry on his fine form this season.

August 11, 2018, 04:45:33 AM
Reply #70

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Same.

Expecting Yarmolenko to flop hard. Wilshere to be an underwhelming dickhead as well.

Anderson will be good I reckon and Diop too. Arnautovic will probably carry on his fine form this season.

Yarmolenko will score one goal all season and it will be a top bin peach against us.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 11, 2018, 06:28:41 AM
Reply #71

Seahawk

Absolutely no reason why we can't win a cup. 7th in the league
This.
I only drink 2 times a year.  When it's my birthday and when it's not.

August 11, 2018, 07:14:36 AM
Reply #72

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
For this season Iíd be happy seeing some decent performances to give hope we are on the up. Positive football, patience and a winning desire. I think weíll get 7th.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

August 11, 2018, 07:16:03 AM
Reply #73

Shogun

Administrator
Within 10 points of whoever is in 6th and I'd be content.

August 11, 2018, 10:53:10 AM
Reply #74

bluenuck

7th to 9th.

I'm sure there will be a team like Burnley last season, and I think Wolves, West ham and Leicester will be good.