October 22, 2018, 08:29:49 AM

Author Topic: Season predictions for us  (Read 3694 times)

August 12, 2018, 11:33:15 PM
Reply #105

Martip

Watching Arsenal I reckon we have just as much quality as them which is reassuring.

August 12, 2018, 11:50:13 PM
Reply #106

Lazarou

Have not seen anything this weekend apart from the usual suspects to suggest we will have any trouble being in the top 8 minimum. West Ham were atrocious, I have no idea what their defence have been coached on but it won't work doing what they are doing.
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

August 13, 2018, 12:05:08 AM
Reply #107

Dr. Sponge

A cup win would do wonders for the club. I just daydreamed about it and it felt good.

August 13, 2018, 12:16:01 AM
Reply #108

eugene

I don't know. Think there's others in competition for 7th though we should be favourites

I'm happy with top half so long as we then go into next season ready to have a go at the top 6. It's more important for the likes of lookman Bernard Richarlison etc to be big successes than for us to finish 7th instead of 8th or 9th
Tell you what mate, I think we have enough to go for top 4 this season, I have watched the games up till now and with last seasons team we can hold our own.
Now I have passion but I know footie.
We have some top players waiting to come in, cometh the man and all that NSNO

August 13, 2018, 12:17:59 AM
Reply #109

eugene

And Iím an old Rotterdam vet.....

August 13, 2018, 12:21:06 AM
Reply #110

BlueForYou

Fourth is achievable this season
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 13, 2018, 12:22:56 AM
Reply #111

eugene

Too right mate, you have seen it too x

August 13, 2018, 12:27:17 AM
Reply #112

Bluedylan

It's not. 7th and some good football will be excellent. If one of the top 6 have a meltdown, and we can capitalise, brilliant.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 13, 2018, 12:32:16 AM
Reply #113

BlueForYou

It's there in blue and white, last season's fantasy is this season's reality: 4th - 7th

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 13, 2018, 12:37:26 AM
Reply #114

Mouse

Fourth is a mad shout after one game. We have players to come in as do others. We need more time with the manager and his tactics as do others.

If you think that's as good as Arsenal will be all season and that Chelsea are a mess and that either Utd or Spurs are about to implode then yes, of course 4th is possible. But that's one hell of a tenuous limb to be out on, 3 out of 4 to screw up their seasons.

August 13, 2018, 12:40:22 AM
Reply #115

BlueForYou

The changing of the guard

Harry Catterick

August 13, 2018, 12:43:51 AM
Reply #116

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Weíll have to have one of our best ever premier league campaigns to just finish 6th.

4th is a pipe dream right now

August 13, 2018, 12:53:21 AM
Reply #117

eugene

Fourth is a mad shout after one game. We have players to come in as do others. We need more time with the manager and his tactics as do others.

If you think that's as good as Arsenal will be all season and that Chelsea are a mess and that either Utd or Spurs are about to implode then yes, of course 4th is possible. But that's one hell of a tenuous limb to be out on, 3 out of 4 to screw up their seasons.
Itís not mad mate Arsenal are shite Chelsea are indifferent Utd have no vision city will be pushed by the RS, so while there doing all that we will be moving in, oh and did you see the spurs game?

August 13, 2018, 12:55:51 AM
Reply #118

eugene

Just never seen us have ya

August 13, 2018, 01:00:02 AM
Reply #119

Bluedylan

Itís not mad mate Arsenal are shite Chelsea are indifferent Utd have no vision city will be pushed by the RS, so while there doing all that we will be moving in, oh and did you see the spurs game?

You're basing Arsenal being shite on them losing to the team with the most points ever in the Prem, who have strengthened?

You're basing Chelsea being 'indifferent' on what? If we managed to beat Huddersfield 3-0 away, it'd be heralded as one of our best away displays for years. It's just run of the mill for Chelsea.

City and Liverpool will be in a different stratosphere to us, and them chasing each other won't somehow make it easier for us to finish 6th.

And yes, Spurs won a tricky away game to Newcastle, and are moving back into their own home. We won't be anywhere near them either.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.