August 16, 2018, 01:10:50 PM

Author Topic: Wolves v Everton  (Read 9157 times)

August 06, 2018, 06:47:00 PM
Read 9157 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I've never started one of these before, so here goes.

New season starts Saturday then. Who's excited? Who's ready?

Reckon we'll line up like this:

Pickford

Coleman  Jags  Keane  Baines

Schneiderlin

Gana      Sigurdsson

Walcott         Tosun     Richarlison

Going for a 2-2 draw with another defensive nightmare.

But our new defender will be blooded in the next game to shore things up. I hope.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

August 06, 2018, 06:51:14 PM
Reply #1

MmmblueBernard

8-0

Richarlison with 7 and a Moutinho own goal.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 06, 2018, 06:55:13 PM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Cant see us winning this, only found out over the weekend that we are on the box, brilliant
Simply simply lovely

August 06, 2018, 07:06:58 PM
Reply #3

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Really dont like Schneiderlin in the sole DCM role. protecting our current slow centre backs. I would sooner a quicker Gana be terrier like in front of the back 2, than Schneiderlin chasing back 2 yards from their attacker and dragging centre backs out of position with his lack of nouse/pace. With time on the ball, he can be a decent player, but unless theres a huge turnaround in his form I personally think he is a liability as things are. If he has to play Id sooner he be a bit further up the pitch - the same with Sigurdsson from a defensive point of view. Our saving grace is our front 3 - if they take their opportunities they may drag us out of this current squad mess.

Pickford

Keane -------- Jags
Coleman --------------------- Baines

Gana

Schneiderlin ----- Sigurdsson

Walcott --------------------------- Richarlison
Tosun

Maybe Baines will still get a bit of play-time, introducing Digne in slowly. Hopefully we get Mina in, or 1, preferrably 2 CBs in VERY soon. If we do get Mina, at least he would have worked with Digne a fair bit, so will be a slightly easier transition. Wolves are a very solid and drilled unit, we will have to be on our top game to get anything, but with our front 3 I remain optimistic. Be a different story, if we would have secured say Mina, Lascelles a month ago, and everyone was up to speed. REALLY looking forward to the game, but with slightly squeaky bum.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:15:24 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

August 06, 2018, 07:07:57 PM
Reply #4

Sixx1402

Can't see anything but a defeat I'm afraid. In fact if we win or draw I'll be astonished.

Reckon we'll be fine after this one though and pick up a few wins over the next few games
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

August 06, 2018, 07:13:04 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

Can't be going into this season with that centre back pairing. We'd be in danger of wasting a relatively decent set of opening fixtures.

August 06, 2018, 07:14:21 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Can't be going into this season with that centre back pairing. We'd be in danger of wasting a relatively decent set of opening fixtures.

Unfortunately, right now, that's our best (in fact only) option.

August 06, 2018, 07:17:02 PM
Reply #7

Yup - and if we do buy a CB or two, they will have hours to settle in, so probably miss the game. So shoite or not, we dont have much option.

August 06, 2018, 07:23:22 PM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Be very surprised if digne isnít starting.

August 06, 2018, 07:24:59 PM
Reply #9

I hope he is, if he has had enough time to get up-to-speed. At this rate, they may both be in the defence with Digne as CB :)

August 06, 2018, 07:25:37 PM
Reply #10

Macca77

Keane and Jags though

August 06, 2018, 07:28:36 PM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yup - and if we do buy a CB or two, they will have hours to settle in, so probably miss the game. So shoite or not, we dont have much option.

Yep, hence my starting line up prediction in the op.

August 06, 2018, 07:35:24 PM
Reply #12

Sixx1402

Aye, i highly doubt any centre back we get in now will start against Wolves, so we'll be going with two of the current ones

I'd consider going with Digne at LB due to his defensive reputation but it's not my job to make that call of course so i'll leave that to the pros
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

August 06, 2018, 09:09:14 PM
Reply #13

D15TIN

Think Digne will start, I actually think even if new players arrive now it's unlikely they'll be thrown straight in so I reckon:

------------Pickford

Coleman Jagielka Keane Digne

---------Schneiderlin

-------Gana Sigurdsson

---Walcott Tosun Richarlison

2-2.

August 06, 2018, 09:17:00 PM
Reply #14

Evertonian in NC

2-2, especially in the Spotlight Dance match, on the road against shit-hot Wolves with that back four?

That's wild optimism, not Darkest Timeline.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin