December 10, 2018, 04:35:26 AM

Author Topic: Wolves v Everton  (Read 13737 times)

August 10, 2018, 10:10:46 PM
Reply #120

Hawkandro

It's a pity it will be the Everton Old Side tomorrow and not the Sexy New Everton playing.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

August 10, 2018, 10:35:03 PM
Reply #121

Everton Mint

It's a pity it will be the Everton Old Side tomorrow and not the Sexy New Everton playing.

Exactly and why I wasnt so thrilled yesterday...

Good buys but so, so late and not ready for the winnable games we have to start the season.

August 10, 2018, 10:46:45 PM
Reply #122

WeimaranerBlues

hopefully Tosun, Walcott, Richarlison can do the Business as the new recruits will take at least until Sept to be match fit  ( not sure about the rest but checked Chelsea pre-season and Zouma did not feature once - )

August 10, 2018, 10:51:43 PM
Reply #123

Tinga

I still don't see us getting too much from this game, it'll take a few games for everybody to gel and I just hope we can be patient while it happens.

August 11, 2018, 12:05:30 AM
Reply #124

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
International break first two weeks of September, letís just hope Mina doesnít fuck off to Colombia and get crocked !

August 11, 2018, 01:24:30 AM
Reply #125

Dr. Sponge

Until we get Mina and Zouma into the side, I think Silva will go with a more conservative midfield. Iím expecting this tomorrow:

Pickford

Coleman Jagielka Keane Digne

Gueye Schneiderlin
Sigurdson

Walcott Tosun Richarlison

Not great results during pre season, but thereís optimism about the club again. Pickford to save a pen and Richarlison to score 9.

August 11, 2018, 03:01:04 AM
Reply #126

Simon Paul

Administrator
This on TV or what?

August 11, 2018, 03:01:54 AM
Reply #127

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

August 11, 2018, 03:04:20 AM
Reply #128

Simon Paul

Administrator

August 11, 2018, 03:04:27 AM
Reply #129

American Evertonian

Almost takes the pressure off tomorrow. I expect our front line to play well. If we get points it will be an unexpected surprise. If we don't we know we have some players in the waiting to boost us.

Would be demoralizing if the team that starts tomorrow was our best team for the following season.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

August 11, 2018, 04:58:27 AM
Reply #130

Thornton_19

Feel a draw would be a good result here. Get the new lads a week of training under their belts and then go pump Soton.

August 11, 2018, 05:54:31 AM
Reply #131

Outworlder47

Feel a draw would be a good result here. Get the new lads a week of training under their belts and then go pump Soton.

I concur. Away from home, newly promoted side in their first home match back in the PL, with a bunch of new signings to bring along. Plus I doubt whether Pickford will start, as he hasn't got much of a preseason behind him.

That said, I expect to go for the win. None of this "set up ultra-defensive and get zero shots on target all match" nonsense.

August 11, 2018, 06:09:15 AM
Reply #132

Jamokachi

One of the worst opening fixtures we could have hoped for (Fulham away, City or Liverpool being the others) in my opinion. I know it's a rather defeatist opinion, especially give yesterday's high, but I'd be happy getting out of here with a draw.

August 11, 2018, 06:27:07 AM
Reply #133

American Evertonian

I still don't understand how we have been graded as a B- to a B+ for our transfer dealingsand WH get an A?

August 11, 2018, 06:28:02 AM
Reply #134

American Evertonian

One of the worst opening fixtures we could have hoped for (Fulham away, City or Liverpool being the others) in my opinion. I know it's a rather defeatist opinion, especially give yesterday's high, but I'd be happy getting out of here with a draw.

I think Wolves will start stronger than Fulham. Granted - getting a recently promoted team away on the first match is always a tall order