August 16, 2018, 01:07:28 PM

Author Topic: Wolves v Everton  (Read 9152 times)

August 06, 2018, 09:39:13 PM
Reply #15

D15TIN

2-2, especially in the Spotlight Dance match, on the road against shit-hot Wolves with that back four?

That's wild optimism, not Darkest Timeline.
For anyone whose having a bet, something to consider - results against newly promoted teams on the first day of the season:

2-2 Norwich 13/14 (Martinez first game)
2-2 Leicester 14/15
2-2 Watford 15/16
Wolves????

August 06, 2018, 09:40:35 PM
Reply #16

Evertonian in NC

For anyone whose having a bet, something to consider - results against newly promoted teams on the first day of the season:

2-2 Leicester 14/15
2-2 Watford 15/16
Wolves????

I would deffo like the over on total goals, assuming it's in + territory at 3.5
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 06, 2018, 10:02:31 PM
Reply #17

Fynci

The team already picks itself, maybe shows a lack of competition.

August 06, 2018, 10:14:16 PM
Reply #18

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

2-2 Leicester 14/15
2-2 Watford 15/16
Wolves????

I went with 2-2 in the prediction league because of that.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

August 07, 2018, 12:38:04 AM
Reply #19

Cozzie

Reckon we are winning here if I am honest.

High scoring game.

Excited, hope bith Digne and Richarlison start.

We have enough up front to hurt them so just go for it.

August 07, 2018, 12:49:46 AM
Reply #20

SANA_DR0

I've never started one of these before, so here goes.

New season starts Saturday then. Who's excited? Who's ready?

Reckon we'll line up like this:

Pickford

Coleman  Jags  Keane  Baines

Schneiderlin

Gana      Sigurdsson

Walcott         Tosun     Richarlison

Going for a 2-2 draw with another defensive nightmare.

But our new defender will be blooded in the next game to shore things up. I hope.

im excited! and ready! was going to go to the wolves ground as its 15 mins away,, but its on tv.. so ill just stay home and watch it instead of being infected with dingles...or the yams.. but i cant complain as im a yamyam anyway :S

if we have a deep back line, thats not playing off side with slow ass players.. i can see us winning this in a pretty high scoring game..

id go for

Pickford

Coleman    Jags Mina! Digne

Besic Gana
                 Siggy

Walcott    Tosun  Richarlison

If Schneiderlin plays, i can see him making a costly mistake, that will lead to Wolves scoring the match winning goal ;/
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

August 07, 2018, 12:54:03 AM
Reply #21

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

im excited! and ready! was going to go to the wolves ground as its 15 mins away,, but its on tv.. so ill just stay home and watch it instead of being infected with dingles...or the yams.. but i cant complain as im a yamyam anyway :S

if we have a deep back line, thats not playing off side with slow ass players.. i can see us winning this in a pretty high scoring game..

id go for

Pickford

Coleman    Jags Mina! Digne

Besic Gana
                 Siggy

Walcott    Tosun  Richarlison

If Schneiderlin plays, i can see him making a costly mistake, that will lead to Wolves scoring the match winning goal ;/

And you canít see Besic doing that?

August 07, 2018, 12:57:53 AM
Reply #22

SANA_DR0

And you canít see Besic doing that?

History of last season shows that Schneiderlin makes atleast 1 costly error that leads to a goal per match... *maybe slight over statement as sometimes he makes 2 in a match, which means even if in the next match he doesnt make a costly mistake.. it evens out..

and no i dont see Besic doing that, mainly cos he passes forwards, and tackles and doesnt really give up if he gives the ball away... whilst Schneiderlin passes backwards, gives the ball away, then doesnt try to get back.

i know Schneiderlin seems to be a bit more focused during pre season, but again i go on last season. Schneiderlin + Gana is a terrible terrible reoccurring nightmare, as such.. Besic for me its a better person to have alongside Gana..
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

August 07, 2018, 01:06:46 AM
Reply #23

Bluenose 91

Can we just nip this one in the bud now.

Besic is fucking shite.

Whatever you think of Schneiderlin he's superior to Besic at everything.

August 07, 2018, 01:09:10 AM
Reply #24

mikey_blue

Wolves are going to be well up for this, and we have a habit of letting teams be all they can be against us. Can see goals from both teams and guess for 2-2.

Pickford
Coleman   Keane  Jags   Digne
               Schneiderlin
          Gana             Sig
Walcott       Tosun    Richarlison

Hope we bring in a CB and a CM in the next couple of days. I'd go as far to say Mangala and Mario would plug the gaps temporarily.

August 07, 2018, 01:51:07 AM
Reply #25

Gash

Global Moderator
History of last season shows that Schneiderlin makes atleast 1 costly error that leads to a goal per match... *maybe slight over statement as sometimes he makes 2 in a match, which means even if in the next match he doesnt make a costly mistake.. it evens out..

and no i dont see Besic doing that, mainly cos he passes forwards, and tackles and doesnt really give up if he gives the ball away... whilst Schneiderlin passes backwards, gives the ball away, then doesnt try to get back.

i know Schneiderlin seems to be a bit more focused during pre season, but again i go on last season. Schneiderlin + Gana is a terrible terrible reoccurring nightmare, as such.. Besic for me its a better person to have alongside Gana..

So of the 58 goals we conceded last season Schneiderlin was at fault for 38 of them? You don't half chat some absolute shite at times.

And as for Besic, the first thing he did on his debut was backheel the ball to Costa to score a goal. I like the lad but the more you post about him the more I go off him.

August 07, 2018, 03:21:14 AM
Reply #26

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, what we need is the calm, unflappable, steady-hand on the tiller that is Balkan maniac and walking yellow card Mo Besic.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 07, 2018, 03:58:32 AM
Reply #27

Dr. Sponge

Letís be honest, weíve got to come out the blocks flying and attack them because I donít trust our defence to withstand pressure if we wanna hit them on the counter.

Plenty of goals.. 2-2, hopefully 3-2

August 07, 2018, 04:07:46 AM
Reply #28

Heisenberg

The change in deadline day really helps us. We usually go into the season with a terrible pre season behind us and yet to do our business. I feel any transfers will really lift the club

August 07, 2018, 06:03:49 AM
Reply #29

Ramjam

If we are starting with the usual shit at the back which we are accustomed to they might just realise that this is the last chance saloon for them as the new regime will be waiting in the wings to take their place, we might just get a performance out of them if this is in fact the scenario
WE ARE THE PEOPLE