October 18, 2018, 11:13:28 PM

Author Topic: Bernard to Sign  (Read 23554 times)

August 07, 2018, 02:31:00 AM
Reply #120

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
As one of a number of options in attacking areas.

Big teams have stars on the pitch and stars on the bench and that’s that.

Bit of an overload in left side options compared to right, and I worry for Gylfi here to be honest too, but I’m sure we can make it work! It’s a great problem to have.

I really just can’t get over it. This guy cost €40m before he insane inflation had really kicked in.

A Brazilian number 10 who sticks it in the top bin for fun, and we’re getting him for zip. Did I get hit by an asteroid on the way home? Am I at the gates of heaven sipping mana and honey?

In unrelated news, Aston Villa are facing Hull in the championship on sky, if anyone (Martinez and Koeman) want to watch Elmohamody or Kamil Grosiky.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 07, 2018, 02:31:06 AM
Reply #121

chang

SILVA KEY TO BERNARD MOVE

SSN understands Marco Silva played a key role in the last 24 hours, persuading Bernard the  to join him at Goodison Park.

It’s understood the 25-year old attacking midfielder will arrive on Merseyside for a medical on Wednesday before signing subject to a work permit being granted.

The news is a major coup for Everton after many of Europe’s top club inquired as to his availability.

Last week, AC Milan thought they had signed him only for West Ham to appear to jump in to secure the free agent’s signature. Everton and Marco Silva then entered negotiations last night.

August 07, 2018, 02:31:06 AM
Reply #122

dunkster

Think they'll offset his high wages against it being a free transfer with decent sell on value
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 07, 2018, 02:32:35 AM
Reply #123

BlueForYou

Thought the subject was from an episode of Life On Mars when we signed Mike Bernard

Even he cost £140,000

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 07, 2018, 02:33:01 AM
Reply #124

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Well I feel a lot less sure of this after that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 07, 2018, 02:33:08 AM
Reply #125

dunkster

Siggy back in defensive midfield you think?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 07, 2018, 02:33:39 AM
Reply #126

Lincs Toffee

I refuse to get excited until he’s wearing our shirt but fuck me this is a real coup if we pull this off, creativity, pace and knows where the goal is ... This is the new Everton !!
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

August 07, 2018, 02:33:49 AM
Reply #127

Simon Paul

Administrator
He's been playing in the CL every year, has fourteen caps for Brazil

even got out of the group stage twice as well....

I'm not saying he can't be great for us, but his expectations should reflect where he is today, not where he ought to be.  He was excellent in the 2014 World Cup, me and @Bally commented on him more than once, but they were his last international caps.

I'm not even saying we're paying what he asked, merely that it would be over the top if we did.

Happy to see him come in, and happy to give him a chance, but let's not lose our shit over the value the Mail put on anything, and let's remember his career has stalled compared to where he could be right now. 

August 07, 2018, 02:34:03 AM
Reply #128

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Will he get a work permit?
Not played for Brazil in a while

Thought he had dual nationally but obvs not
Simply simply lovely

August 07, 2018, 02:36:04 AM
Reply #129

Bluedylan

even got out of the group stage twice as well....

I'm not saying he can't be great for us, but his expectations should reflect where he is today, not where he ought to be.  He was excellent in the 2014 World Cup, me and @Bally commented on him more than once, but they were his last international caps.

I'm not even saying we're paying what he asked, merely that it would be over the top if we did.

Happy to see him come in, and happy to give him a chance, but let's not lose our shit over the value the Mail put on anything, and let's remember his career has stalled compared to where he could be right now. 

Yeah I couldn't disagree more, but fair enough. Diversity of opinion, and all that.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 07, 2018, 02:36:33 AM
Reply #130

Lincs Toffee

Don’t piss on our chips now Jimbo
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

August 07, 2018, 02:36:46 AM
Reply #131

dunkster

Be just our luck the work permit shit
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

August 07, 2018, 02:37:11 AM
Reply #132

dunkster

2 Brazilians eh?? Fuck a duck
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

August 07, 2018, 02:37:12 AM
Reply #133

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Plenty of time for this to go down the swanny. No medical until Wednesday. He’s effectively changed hands 3 times since last night.

We’ll see!

August 07, 2018, 02:37:27 AM
Reply #134

sam of the south

He would if the Shite wanted him
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them