December 13, 2018, 05:33:42 AM

Author Topic: Strongest 11 after the window closes  (Read 4827 times)

August 10, 2018, 02:42:36 PM
Reply #60

School of Science

The best thing I like about the recruitment this window is...They all look like starters, maybe Gomes might struggle displacing Sigurdsson / Gueye from central midfield, Sigurdsson will have to drop back to accommodate Bernard.
But if Zouma goes through and I really hope he does, him and Mina both look like collossus at the back, with the added bonus of Zouma's speed. Richarlison definite starter and for me so is Digne. We have gone from a basically slow team to a fast one, they must be given time to gel, but I don't think I have ever been so optimistic for a coming season ever.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

August 10, 2018, 02:48:18 PM
Reply #61

Optimistic Blue

Has Gylfi ever actually proven to be any good a playing deep or is this another case of assuming a midfielder can play deep because Paul Scholes was able to?
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

August 10, 2018, 03:01:06 PM
Reply #62

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
I couldn't decide....

How dare you have us playing in RED!!!

August 10, 2018, 03:07:27 PM
Reply #63

Waltzer

Lets be honest our holding midfielders arent good enough so I say we go on a full on assault on their goal

August 10, 2018, 03:16:10 PM
Reply #64

School of Science

Has Gylfi ever actually proven to be any good a playing deep or is this another case of assuming a midfielder can play deep because Paul Scholes was able to?

We won't know until we try it, so assume what you wish.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

August 10, 2018, 03:43:31 PM
Reply #65

themilkycoffees

Pickford

Coleman
Mina
Zouma
Digne

Gueye
Gomes
Sigurdsson

Walcott
Tosun
Richarlison

That's what I'd say. Bernard and Baines definitely in and around the first 11 too.

August 10, 2018, 04:08:15 PM
Reply #66

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think Sig is definitely going deep  :o

I think hell end up out wide.

Really wide. So wide hes actually on the bench.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 10, 2018, 04:13:12 PM
Reply #67

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Are people trying to convince themselves that Sigurdsson is a playmaker again?

Why do people think playing him deep is a good idea?

August 10, 2018, 04:19:19 PM
Reply #68

Lxxx

Are people trying to convince themselves that Sigurdsson is a playmaker again?

Why do people think playing him deep is a good idea?

He plays there with Iceland to good effect. He's got a decent engine on him to get up and down and he's not as poor on the ball as he's made out to be.

August 10, 2018, 04:24:16 PM
Reply #69

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He plays there with Iceland to good effect. He's got a decent engine on him to get up and down and he's not as poor on the ball as he's made out to be.

Hes always played high up the pitch when Ive watched him for Iceland.

Hes not poor on the ball, but hes not somebody that can play deep and dictate a game.

His best position is high up the pitch, one touch passing, linking up with the frontmen and getting shots off.

August 10, 2018, 04:35:57 PM
Reply #70

Lxxx

He’s always played high up the pitch when I’ve watched him for Iceland.

He’s not poor on the ball, but he’s not somebody that can play deep and dictate a game.

His best position is high up the pitch, one touch passing, linking up with the frontmen and getting shots off.

I agree but I do think we have to have other options in how we utilise him more generally though. There will be times when he's just not suited to the more advanced position when everyone is fit and hopefully firing. He's not blessed with any great pace, skill or vision and he's not getting any younger. It may not be this season but I can see him dropping back, if only to get full use out of a 50m outlay.

August 10, 2018, 04:38:15 PM
Reply #71

Tofifee

Predicted team for tomorrow

Pickford
Coleman
Keane
Jags (c)
Digne
Gana
Gylfi
Richarlason
Tosun
Sandro
Theo

Predicted team by September

Pickford

Coleman (C)
Mina
Zouma
Digne

Gana
Gylfi

Richarlason
Bernard
Walcott/Cenk depending on the opposition
Gomes

August 10, 2018, 04:53:52 PM
Reply #72

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah hed be better off the striker tbh. Just one touch it until you get a chance to strike the ball.

I really want to believe in him this year but you have to say, its turning out to be a very bad waste of money.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 10, 2018, 05:04:30 PM
Reply #73

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I agree but I do think we have to have other options in how we utilise him more generally though. There will be times when he's just not suited to the more advanced position when everyone is fit and hopefully firing. He's not blessed with any great pace, skill or vision and he's not getting any younger. It may not be this season but I can see him dropping back, if only to get full use out of a 50m outlay.

Im not having him playing deep in any way tbh.

Doesnt have the skill set for it.

Hes a goalscoring midfielder and should be used as one.

August 10, 2018, 05:10:32 PM
Reply #74

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Nothing wrong with a mf of
Gueye
Gomes sigurdsson

Tbh the options for the first time in a long while are impressive
Simply simply lovely