October 22, 2018, 04:04:41 AM

Author Topic: My 50th Season.  (Read 908 times)

August 08, 2018, 06:25:34 AM
Read 908 times

chang

Pretty sure the season that starts this weekend is my 50th as an Evertonian, albeit one that lives on the south coast.

Been though every emotion several times during that time, Champions, Cup winners, losers, relegation avoided by a gnats, been lucky, unlucky, given some teams a bloody good hiding and been left holding the wrong end of a shity stick far too often too ... checked the result of every game where ever I am in the world at the time, a lot of games that, and not so easy before the Internet.

Anyway, just wanted to say proud to be blue, love my team just as every footy fan does. NSNO is very much part of my life now, it's a great platform to say what you mean and mean what you say, mostly with out ever knowing who the hell you are preaching to, the humour is a great pick me up when folk are down, the rants and conspiracy theories are amusing, but often bang on the money, we agree, we disagree..optimists, pessimists, realists, folk with dreams abound, but we are all blue.

Always been a team player myself. Looking forward to the new season where ever it takes us.

Ladies and gents, we are all born for this, it's a pleasure.

COYB

August 08, 2018, 06:28:03 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Very impressive emotional, drunk posting, and pretty much no grammar or spelling issues at all.

Well done sir! :)
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 08, 2018, 06:29:33 AM
Reply #2

Tony Clifton

Not too far behind you mate, here's to a good one for us all  :cheers:

August 08, 2018, 06:29:38 AM
Reply #3

Redartin

Snap.
Geoff Astel & West Brom, 1-0, my first disappointment. The first of many.

August 08, 2018, 06:35:06 AM
Reply #4

chang

Very impressive emotional, drunk posting, and pretty much no grammar or spelling issues at all.

Well done sir! :)

LOL - only get lashed when we win.

August 08, 2018, 11:13:19 AM
Reply #5

Bally

Administrator
Excellent post.
It's my 40th season this season suppose I should do something to celebrate hahaha
It's the roll I way

August 08, 2018, 12:52:47 PM
Reply #6

Simon Paul

Administrator
Live stuff like this.

35 years as a match goer for me. Just a young whipper snapper!

August 08, 2018, 12:57:26 PM
Reply #7

Lincs Toffee

Great post mate.

43 years of mixed emotions for me, one a blue eh?... but sometimes they do test your resolve !
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

August 08, 2018, 01:20:58 PM
Reply #8

Macca77

Brilliant that

August 08, 2018, 01:38:55 PM
Reply #9

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
First game was 82 I think so your a few years ahead of me but brilliant stuff
Simply simply lovely

August 08, 2018, 04:22:58 PM
Reply #10

sam of the south

Lovely post 👌🏼

First game for me was this one: Clive Thomas awarding the retaken pen was a joke, and Sheedy nabbing the winner with the last kick and I was chosen

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 08, 2018, 04:41:34 PM
Reply #11

Toffee1

Love posts like this and hopefully, your 50th season will coincide with a trophy being won at the end of it.

August 08, 2018, 04:55:43 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
LOL - only get lashed when we win.
You must be practically tea total then.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 08, 2018, 04:59:03 PM
Reply #13

ZVictorOne

55 for me. First went to Goodison in 1963 when we won the league'
ZVictorOne

August 08, 2018, 05:16:28 PM
Reply #14

Ramjam

55 for me. First went to Goodison in 1963 when we won the league'
Glory hunter
WE ARE THE PEOPLE