December 10, 2018, 04:14:10 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton launch campaign to build mental health centre near Goodison Park  (Read 1058 times)

August 08, 2018, 05:44:05 PM
Reply #15

blue1948

What a club, no requirement whatsoever to do what they do, but they do it anyway.

WOW it gave me goosebumps .Proud as anyone could be of OUR club and what they do .Made my day .

August 08, 2018, 05:46:28 PM
Reply #16

Gary1878

Mental Health is so important, so for Everton to be doing this is fantastic. I think they have learnt a lot from Aaron Lennon's issues he had not too long ago, and it showed that people from any background and walk of life can go through problems at any point. If it provides a point of care/advice and help for just a few people, then it is money and time well spent.

August 08, 2018, 06:39:43 PM
Reply #17

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Cried a little watching that. You all know my struggles with mental illness. So important to reduce that stigma.

I had a meeting a couple of years ago with EITC about doing some work with them. This is something we will look at again towards the end of the year. (Iíve just been so busy with other stuff)

I know this will make a massive positive difference to so many people. And it is wonderful.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

August 08, 2018, 06:41:02 PM
Reply #18

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

August 08, 2018, 06:43:18 PM
Reply #19

blue slug

Absolutely overwhelmed with pride, this is amazing, everton you are simply the greatest club and always will be

August 08, 2018, 06:44:36 PM
Reply #20

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

August 08, 2018, 06:54:49 PM
Reply #21

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
The trend of getting mental health issues more out in the open, particularly in more 'macho' cultures like sport, has gathered a lot of momentum recently. It's good to see Everton at the heart of it in Liverpool but it's a shame football as a whole doesn't try to give more publicity to the work it does because there is a lot going on around the country and one doesn't hear a lot about it.
With reference to Everton in particular I doubt any club surpasses the effort and achievements of our club.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

August 08, 2018, 10:11:53 PM
Reply #22

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 08, 2018, 10:37:42 PM
Reply #23

bluestevie

Cried a little watching that. You all know my struggles with mental illness. So important to reduce that stigma.

I had a meeting a couple of years ago with EITC about doing some work with them. This is something we will look at again towards the end of the year. (Iíve just been so busy with other stuff)

I know this will make a massive positive difference to so many people. And it is wonderful.

You were the first person I thought of when I saw the announcement Lizz x
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

August 08, 2018, 10:55:33 PM
Reply #24

Mouse

It is particularly good that the club puts so much effort into the less publicised issues effecting all sections of society today, kids in care, depression, dementia, etc. Anything that shines a light on these issues and normalises open discussion about such problems is to be applauded.

August 10, 2018, 06:16:04 PM
Reply #25

Morta75

Like these kind of things. Important to give back to the community  :thumbsup:

August 11, 2018, 01:20:01 AM
Reply #26

eyesalwaysblue

Can this be donated to? iv'e had problems in the past hopefully never to return, now in full time work and could give something a month, anyone know how or if it's possible?
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 11, 2018, 01:48:11 AM
Reply #27

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 11, 2018, 02:24:36 AM
Reply #28

Mouse

Can this be donated to? iv'e had problems in the past hopefully never to return, now in full time work and could give something a month, anyone know how or if it's possible?
There's a place on the official site. Go through NEWS, EitC and then Donate. You can make a one off donation or call/email if you want to do something else.

August 11, 2018, 02:30:33 AM
Reply #29

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..