February 25, 2020, 06:53:33 PM

Author Topic: speedomick  (Read 4634 times)

February 22, 2020, 04:29:13 AM
Reply #75

Alanvideo

On C4's The Last Leg tonight

.................just seen it ,with the band playing Z Cars   :thumbsup:
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 22, 2020, 04:42:30 AM
Reply #76

Bigstickytoffee

I hung around Flyin Time a lot. Was very close to Craig who worked in there, and Martin who ran it was sound. Mostly. They stated off right at one end of Lemon Quay Market by where JAG Communications was (another part of my past but in Par, not Truro) and then moved to the other end by the car park in what used to be a soft play kids thing. Above a hardware store that I think more people used to walk through as a short cut than ever bought anything in!

Yeah a lot of issues in Bodmin. My mum still lives just outside Bodmin so it's fun to visit and bump into old class mates to see when they were last in Exeter nick. Or how many times they've been sacked by St Merryn Meats. Or who was fighting who in Weavers.

Newquay was mad in the late 90s. By god I had some amazing nights that I'll never remember there! Took my wife on a tour of the old days and pulled up outside what used to be Jesters / The Lizzie and it was a block of flats. I was devastated. Properly gutted and actually had a tear in my eye.  Then we went to the Shirehorse in St Ives and it was houses too. Heartbroken I never got to say goodbye

Had some boss times in Cornwall and hope you all look after Mick as it looks like you have been doing!

Mallets is the hardware store! I think they (flyin time) went into the raised area by Moorfields car park -behind mallets.

The Cornish are loving Mick! He'll never want to see another pasty in his life though!
I have a few connections down here and the rumour is he doesn't pay for anything. Mannings is a nice hotel in Truro and Sams restaurant (great food) invited him over last night, all of which was on the house. Tregenna Castle (tonight) is another nice hotel and where I had my wedding reception, I'm pretty sure there'll be no tab in the morning either!
I reckon the measure of how much the Cornish have loved him is how long it took him to get through Redruth and Camborne. Tough areas which most people run through, he took his time as everyone wished well him on his journey and he wasn't mugged or abused.
As I left him yesterday a double decker bus pulled up and the driver pulled out his wallet, I am pretty sure some passengers then came to the front to give him cash as well. My wife then saw him an hour later coming into truro at rush hour, all the cars were stacked at the series of lights and everyone was tooting their horns and giving him money. He must have made a packet, -all of which is in his bag!!!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 04:47:21 AM by Bigstickytoffee »

February 22, 2020, 03:53:41 PM
Reply #77

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Was on BBC news again this morning, was asked why he had chosen to walk from J o’groats to lands end,
“Because the wife wouldn’t let me walk to Africa” :badum:

February 22, 2020, 04:30:16 PM
Reply #78

Macca77

Nearly 300K now.

Ginsters have said everyone at Lands End will get a free pasty, Mick has said they should all have a pasty fight. Just watched a video from this morning, loads of cars pulling over playing Z Cars

February 22, 2020, 05:55:56 PM
Reply #79

Bally

Administrator
Nearly 300K now.

Ginsters have said everyone at Lands End will get a free pasty, Mick has said they should all have a pasty fight. Just watched a video from this morning, loads of cars pulling over playing Z Cars

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

February 22, 2020, 05:59:10 PM
Reply #80

Simon Paul

Administrator
Mallets is the hardware store! I think they (flyin time) went into the raised area by Moorfields car park -behind mallets.

The Cornish are loving Mick! He'll never want to see another pasty in his life though!
I have a few connections down here and the rumour is he doesn't pay for anything. Mannings is a nice hotel in Truro and Sams restaurant (great food) invited him over last night, all of which was on the house. Tregenna Castle (tonight) is another nice hotel and where I had my wedding reception, I'm pretty sure there'll be no tab in the morning either!
I reckon the measure of how much the Cornish have loved him is how long it took him to get through Redruth and Camborne. Tough areas which most people run through, he took his time as everyone wished well him on his journey and he wasn't mugged or abused.
As I left him yesterday a double decker bus pulled up and the driver pulled out his wallet, I am pretty sure some passengers then came to the front to give him cash as well. My wife then saw him an hour later coming into truro at rush hour, all the cars were stacked at the series of lights and everyone was tooting their horns and giving him money. He must have made a packet, -all of which is in his bag!!!!
Aye, Redruth wasn't much fun to live in. It had a fetish bar though which was nice. Few rough places though on Fore Street!

He won't be paying anyway though wherever he goes now.

Yeah that's where Flyin Time ended up. Constantly being told to turn the music down, just like in Lemon Quay. There had been a record shop in that market before too but I can't remember it's name. It was run by a few lads who ran club nights in Newquay. I used to write for Buzz Magazine if you remember that?

February 22, 2020, 09:28:21 PM
Reply #81

Bally

Administrator
Just finished
Bit emotional for him tbh
He's a fucking boss fella and a couple of years ago I was thinking "alright lad pack it in now" then I spent a day with him and fully changed my mind he's a fuckin legend.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

February 22, 2020, 10:22:35 PM
Reply #82

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 23, 2020, 01:21:32 AM
Reply #83

Macca77

An absolute legend, he's walked 1000 miles during winter, in his fucking undies, it's madness, he deserves so much recognition, hopefully he will get it

February 24, 2020, 11:42:28 AM
Reply #84

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Everyone needs to jump on itv.com/beontv and recommend him for the trip to Disneyworld they're doing on Ant and Dec.