July 08, 2020, 08:48:29 AM

Author Topic: Carlo’s Way  (Read 33005 times)

July 07, 2020, 10:50:40 PM
Reply #480

Craig_1878

I think the issue is more with the personnel than the system tbf.

A 442 system gives us defensive solidity and it gets the best out of our two best attacking outlets up top. With a couple of additions in midfield I think it could be an effective system.

"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

8 hours ago
Reply #481

Shogun

Administrator
I read a worrying post from a Napoli fan where they moaned about Ancelotti playing 442 so I am a bit worried.

Maybe he's got Sacchi in his head or something.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

7 hours ago
Reply #482

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I read a worrying post from a Napoli fan where they moaned about Ancelotti playing 442 so I am a bit worried.

Maybe he's got Sacchi in his head or something.

Was never a huge 442 fan when everyone was moaning about Moyes only playing 1 up front but then also Leicester and Atlético have upset the odds playing it.

Dunno

Always feel like it’s roles rather than imagining players bolted together like in table football.

7 hours ago
Reply #483

bigdunc9

442 is what got us out of the mess we was in when Dunc took over. Since we went 442 Vs the beginning of the season 433 it's been much better.
But we can't go changing formation based on our result yesterday , we was unlucky with a deflected  goal.

Just my opinion of course which counts for nothing

6 hours ago
Reply #484

kramer0

I'm not making any major judgments on the 4-4-2 yet but it's definitely not a good tactic with center midfielders who can't run.
« Last Edit: 6 hours ago by kramer0 »

6 hours ago
Reply #485

Dr. Sponge

It's only a 442 when defending, but in possession its very fluid.

Anyway, Carlo's choice of formation is the least of our worries, we need better players.

5 hours ago
Reply #486

Juanito

I don’t think it’s just the two central midfielders, it’s also the left and right wingers who are also midfielders and not forwards. They need to do their defensive duties. We have an abundance of left forwards, not wingers, Richarlison could do it but would be wasted out there.

Saul and Koke at Atletico have work rate, they are physical and composed under pressure. Iwobi for example has the first two.

I like the look of what Arteta has done with Arsenal and his pressing 3-4-3.  I would imagine our current squad fits this system better.

3 hours ago
Reply #487

Bluedylan

I think it's hard to get away from the idea that you need two absolutely top drawer players to get away with playing a 2 against 3, most of the time. If we brought those 2 top drawer players in at centre mid, then I'm all on board with the 4-4-2, but our recruitment record isn't stellar.

If we can't get that calibre of player in, I'd prefer us to go more 4-3-3/4-5-1.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.