October 17, 2019, 10:59:32 PM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 121630 times)

May 10, 2019, 07:54:15 PM
Reply #1170

Waltzer

Having been a bit-part player at Barca, you'd imagine being a starter would be top of his criteria, when deciding his future. Not sure he'd start for Spurs.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
He'd be competing with Winks, Wanyama, Dier and Sisokko it's not like Xavi, Inniesta and Busquets, I think he'd be okay

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:55:18 PM by Waltzer »

May 10, 2019, 07:56:26 PM
Reply #1171

GrantyBoy78

Winks and Sissoko have been head and shoulders better than Gomes has this season.

May 10, 2019, 07:57:03 PM
Reply #1172

GrantyBoy78

He'd be competing with Winks, Wanyama, Dier and Sisokko it's not like Xavi, Inniesta and Busquets, I think he'd be okay

And lets not forget Alli and Erikson

May 10, 2019, 07:58:38 PM
Reply #1173

GrantyBoy78

Brands will have about 10 alternatives (some of whom may be better than Gomes) lined up. Nowt to stress about.
Exactly. Hes been good for us but Im not bothered either way. Id like him to stay for the continuity, but in Brands we trust.

May 10, 2019, 08:00:37 PM
Reply #1174

Waltzer

And let's not forget Alli and Erikson

Weirdly I forgot about them!!
Maybe was focusing more on the defensive side as that's predominately where Gomes has played

May 10, 2019, 08:02:55 PM
Reply #1175

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Be a shame seeing him play for someone else but on the pitch I think we'll live like.

2 CMs
1 CB
1 RB
1 Forward
1 CF
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 10, 2019, 08:03:54 PM
Reply #1176

Bluedylan

Exactly. Hes been good for us but Im not bothered either way. Id like him to stay for the continuity, but in Brands we trust.

That's it mate. The joy of having Brands in place, listening to his planning process and his methodology that goes on throughout the season, is that you have a sane mind and a process in place so that we're not beholden to individual players or their whims.

Gomes is a good player. Sound. He might want to go elsewhere. Sound. Here's x, y and z who might well be better than Gomes.

There's no way on this earth that Brands hasn't planned for a scenario where Gomes and Zouma don't join us.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 10, 2019, 08:05:04 PM
Reply #1177

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I am massively excited to see what Brands does this summer.

Honestly think it could go either way, big summer super active massive changes, or tight summer concentrating on moving out bad apples.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 10, 2019, 08:16:38 PM
Reply #1178

Macca77

I can't wait to hear the flappers panicking when we haven't signed anyone a day after the window opens.

Patience is needed again this summer, lets not forget we did most of our business during the last few days the transfer window last summer.

May 10, 2019, 08:27:21 PM
Reply #1179

Waltzer

I can't wait to hear the flappers panicking when we haven't signed anyone a day after the window opens.

Patience is needed again this summer, lets not forget we did most of our business during the last few days the transfer window last summer.
That's correct, but we had a new manager, Brands was relatively new too. Both have stated the importance of getting it done early, so whilst I'm not expecting all to be concluded on day 1 I am expecting early movements or it is an indication things aren't going to plan

May 10, 2019, 08:38:30 PM
Reply #1180

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Cant seem to post in the summer wishes thread?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 10, 2019, 09:05:06 PM
Reply #1181

D15TIN

Gomes agreed to join spurs then?

May 10, 2019, 09:57:05 PM
Reply #1182

Cereal Killer

Gomes agreed to join spurs then?

No

Some random tweeted it and everyone thinks it's done

May 10, 2019, 10:18:03 PM
Reply #1183

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
No

Some random tweeted it and everyone thinks it's done

I unite like the tweet where the guy says why would anyone post a bollocks story?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 10, 2019, 10:20:34 PM
Reply #1184

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Massive ability. Most people struggle during their first season or so and get better after that when coming from abroad. Remember he hardly played the year before either and was injured for large parts and the beginning of the season. Next season he will be a different player with all the good most of the time.

That performance against Liverpool will become the norm and consistency will come too.

Midfielders like him are hard to find.

We should work our butts off to keep him/
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...