October 21, 2019, 07:28:21 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 122030 times)

May 11, 2019, 06:45:34 PM
Reply #1200

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Find that difficult to believe considering Silva has already said he's a priority with Zouma, it's not in our interests to drag our feet. As others have said id have expected us to have started negotiations ages ago if we genuinely want him

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Might be just trying to bring someone else into the game to bump the price up.

May 11, 2019, 06:51:45 PM
Reply #1201

Ross

Might be someone more expensive? Maybe Gomes is first on the list. Who knows but he’s not the be all and end all.

There might be a player Brands considers ‘better’ but might cost £15m more. Or a player that’s generally of the same level as Gomes but doesn’t speak English. Or another player who’s club will only consider negotiating to sell, once they’ve got their replacement.

There are so many variables and any DoF worth his salt will plan for every scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

I think so, but they’re not going to say otherwise unless he completely bombed during his spell.

Let’s say Brands has two players on his CM/#8 list that he thinks are better than Gomes, but then neither want to come here; Brands would then be in a poor position if neither him nor Silva had previously expressed their interest in signing Gomes permanently.

The thing is the players “on the list” that aren’t willing to come or are to expensive will surely have already been crossed out? There’s no point in still considering them as an alternative to Gomes is there?

I’d expect conversations have already taken place between Brands and lots of agents of players we’d like and we know who attainable and who’s not, and the ones who aren’t will have been crossed off. I like to think we’re a bit more professional now than the days of Steve Walsh meandering around Italy with a briefcase full of cash and a copy of football manager. 
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 11, 2019, 10:14:03 PM
Reply #1202

sam of the south

The thing is the players “on the list” that aren’t willing to come or are to expensive will surely have already been crossed out? There’s no point in still considering them as an alternative to Gomes is there?

I’d expect conversations have already taken place between Brands and lots of agents of players we’d like and we know who attainable and who’s not, and the ones who aren’t will have been crossed off. I like to think we’re a bit more professional now than the days of Steve Walsh meandering around Italy with a briefcase full of cash and a copy of football manager. 

Not sure it always works that neatly, mate.

We courted Mina for the whole window, and it looked hopeless; and yet he signed for us at the last minute.

We did the same with Giroud previously; he jilted us.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

May 12, 2019, 03:31:37 AM
Reply #1203

Macca77

30 million euros to spurs agreed

May 12, 2019, 03:42:07 AM
Reply #1204

BlueBeagle

Waiting for "He'd deffo rather stay here if it was down to him"

May 12, 2019, 04:06:28 AM
Reply #1205

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
30 million euros to spurs agreed

Info or just from the newspaper reports based around that tweet?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 12, 2019, 04:31:03 AM
Reply #1206

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Waiting for "He'd deffo rather stay here if it was down to him"

Waiting for some actual, genuine reports confirming he’s going to spurs.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 12, 2019, 06:14:50 AM
Reply #1207

Macca77

Dodgy tweet

May 12, 2019, 02:11:04 PM
Reply #1208

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Personal terms agreed according to Metro

May 12, 2019, 02:17:39 PM
Reply #1209

Paddockoldie

Spurs will swap Rose for Digne according to the Star. Both shite

May 12, 2019, 02:29:16 PM
Reply #1210

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

As I said above same story with no sources that is in the Star and Mirror - all based on the tweet from the other day
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 12, 2019, 05:06:55 PM
Reply #1211

Mac934

I wonder how much the Raiola ban and Chelsea's embargo will affect transfers across the board?

May 12, 2019, 05:57:19 PM
Reply #1212

BlueBeagle

I wonder how much the Raiola ban and Chelsea's embargo will affect transfers across the board?

Not very much.

May 12, 2019, 06:12:41 PM
Reply #1213

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If we’re gonna post that he’s agreed terms somewhere else can we post the source it’s from ffs.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 13, 2019, 12:46:30 AM
Reply #1214

Cereal Killer

If we’re gonna post that he’s agreed terms somewhere else can we post the source it’s from ffs.

Dave from Barnet on twitter who quoted Juan in Spain