October 19, 2019, 09:02:37 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 121830 times)

May 14, 2019, 09:04:35 PM
Reply #1245

D15TIN

Having Brands at the wheel makes me feel at ease with whatever we do in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Yeah, everyone more relaxed now with him in charge of things

May 15, 2019, 12:53:45 AM
Reply #1246

Toddacelli

Yeah, everyone more relaxed now with him in charge of things

Yes we are. But I'm not sure why?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 15, 2019, 01:25:50 AM
Reply #1247

sam of the south

Because hes an actual DOF, as opposed to a PE teacher
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

May 15, 2019, 01:45:57 AM
Reply #1248

eyesalwaysblue

Our most important recruit for yonks
I still despise Clive Thomas..

May 15, 2019, 04:55:58 AM
Reply #1249

Toddacelli

Yeah but is his past really that impressive.

To be honest, for me, it's the bearing of the man that puts me at ease. Every fibre of his being just seems to say 'Relax. I'm in charge and I've got this.'

But I'm not enough of an super-fan to say I know much about him before he came to us. He was at Ajax. He is well thought of over there. That's all I know. Yet when I saw that footage of his predatory stalking through Finch Farm for the first time I just thought - he's the one.

May 15, 2019, 05:44:05 AM
Reply #1250

Jamokachi

But I'm not enough of an super-fan to say I know much about him before he came to us. He was at Ajax. He is well thought of over there. That's all I know.

Haha, and as if to emphasise your point you're wrong, he came to us from PSV (and was at AZ Alkmaar before).

May 15, 2019, 06:00:22 AM
Reply #1251

eyesalwaysblue

Yeah but is his past really that impressive.

To be honest, for me, it's the bearing of the man that puts me at ease. Every fibre of his being just seems to say 'Relax. I'm in charge and I've got this.'

But I'm not enough of an super-fan to say I know much about him before he came to us. He was at Ajax. He is well thought of over there. That's all I know. Yet when I saw that footage of his predatory stalking through Finch Farm for the first time I just thought - he's the one.
As long as he's here mate that's the main thing, not many will have been glued to his career, they just googled him when he was linked to us then pretended to have followed his career from the womb.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

May 15, 2019, 01:36:57 PM
Reply #1252

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I mean I like the look of him and everything he says so far is good but really we're in the dark.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 15, 2019, 01:51:32 PM
Reply #1253

Toddacelli

Haha, and as if to emphasise your point you're wrong, he came to us from PSV (and was at AZ Alkmaar before).

Fuck me. Just call me Jon Snow! lolol

May 15, 2019, 03:15:30 PM
Reply #1254

BlueBeagle

I mean I like the look of him and everything he says so far is good but really we're in the dark.

Correct.

I think he'll be a good appointment but it seems bizarre that everyone has just decided that he's fantastic at his role before he's been here long enough to produce the goods.

May 15, 2019, 03:35:46 PM
Reply #1255

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Correct.

I think he'll be a good appointment but it seems bizarre that everyone has just decided that he's fantastic at his role before he's been here long enough to produce the goods.

You'd have to say his first window was broadly a success.

Digne, 10/10
Richarlison, surely the managers choice, but good
Gomes loan, good
Zouma loan, very good
Mina, wobbly but yano, maybe
Virginia, different and seems good
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 15, 2019, 03:39:25 PM
Reply #1256

Cozzie

Yeah Mina has to produce next season but I feel he will.

He looks a confidence player.

Due to the fact they have said the targets are already agreed upon I am at half mast already to see who we bring in.

May 15, 2019, 04:14:51 PM
Reply #1257

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
You'd have to say his first window was broadly a success.

Digne, 10/10
Richarlison, surely the managers choice, but good
Gomes loan, good
Zouma loan, very good
Mina, wobbly but yano, maybe
Virginia, different and seems good

What about Bernard?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 15, 2019, 05:00:31 PM
Reply #1258

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What about Bernard?

Ah knew I'd forgotten one.

Good, closing in on very good, potentially to be superb.

May 15, 2019, 07:27:47 PM
Reply #1259

Shogun

Administrator
Yeah Mina has to produce next season but I feel he will.

He looks a confidence player.

Due to the fact they have said the targets are already agreed upon I am at half mast already to see who we bring in.

Mina doesn't strike me as a confidence player like, I think all he needs is a run of games to get into full form.