October 17, 2019, 10:28:50 AM

Author Topic: Goodison for Gomes?  (Read 121552 times)

May 15, 2019, 07:53:49 PM
Reply #1260

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
You'd have to say his first window was broadly a success.

Digne, 10/10
Richarlison, surely the managers choice, but good
Gomes loan, good
Zouma loan, very good
Mina, wobbly but yano, maybe
Virginia, different and seems good

Can't argue with the transfers he has made. Mina is the only player who has had little game time, but he looks capable of filling in for Zouma should he not be here next season.

May 15, 2019, 07:55:45 PM
Reply #1261

Cozzie

Mina doesn't strike me as a confidence player like, I think all he needs is a run of games to get into full form.

Hope so.

For the hype and what we paid for him I feel he needs to be our number 1 CB regardless of whether we sign Zouma or not.

May 15, 2019, 08:02:01 PM
Reply #1262

American Evertonian

Because hes an actual DOF, as opposed to a PE teacher

I bet the squad misses dodgeball days though
Are we there yet?

May 15, 2019, 08:02:56 PM
Reply #1263

American Evertonian

Hope so.

For the hype and what we paid for him I feel he needs to be our number 1 CB regardless of whether we sign Zouma or not.

Almost makes me wish we loaned Mina and bought Zouma. Would feel we are in a much more confident place in the back
Are we there yet?

May 15, 2019, 08:11:56 PM
Reply #1264

sam of the south

I bet the squad misses dodgeball days though

Haha, we called it Murderball here, iirc, and one team invariably had to play in skins (purely to differentiate between the two sides, obviously  :blush:) with kids that forgot their kits forced to play in just their underwear  :whistle:
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

May 15, 2019, 10:22:22 PM
Reply #1265

D15TIN

with a run of games Mina would be fine, still prefer zouma and keane as a partnership though

May 15, 2019, 10:31:10 PM
Reply #1266

Trowel

Re. Mina, not really related to his playing ability, but I've not yet seen it mentioned that he was awarded Everton's PFA Community Champion yesterday. Quite remarkable for someone of his age to come from abroad and settle into the club culture so quickly and to give so much back to the fans :clap:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2019/05/14/mina
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

May 15, 2019, 10:45:28 PM
Reply #1267

GrantyBoy78

Re. Mina, not really related to his playing ability, but I've not yet seen it mentioned that he was awarded Everton's PFA Community Champion yesterday. Quite remarkable for someone of his age to come from abroad and settle into the club culture so quickly and to give so much back to the fans :clap:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2019/05/14/mina
Indeed. If you think about the character and application of all those players Brands brought in last summer, youd have to say hes done 10/10. Richy can be a bit petulant but hes a kid so Ill let him off.

I dont think its a fluke theyre all good lads, proves Brands is looking at more than just football ability.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

May 15, 2019, 11:07:57 PM
Reply #1268

sam of the south

Indeed. If you think about the character and application of all those players Brands brought in last summer, youd have to say hes done 10/10. Richy can be a bit petulant but hes a kid so Ill let him off.

I dont think its a fluke theyre all good lads, proves Brands is looking at more than just football ability.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Yeah exactly, it fits with our ethos.

Its why Liverpool generally buy players that are arrogant, whinging shitcunts.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

May 15, 2019, 11:15:39 PM
Reply #1269

Mac934

Yeah exactly, it fits with our ethos.

Its why Liverpool generally buy players that are arrogant, whinging shitcunts.
Liverpool generally buy players that are arrogant, whinging shitcunts. = 2nd in the league and 2 Champions league finals in a row.
Everton buy nice guys to fit ethos = 8th in the league and not cup final in sight.
Just saying like.

May 15, 2019, 11:21:34 PM
Reply #1270

sam of the south

Liverpool generally buy players that are arrogant, whinging shitcunts. = 2nd in the league and 2 Champions league finals in a row.
Everton buy nice guys to fit ethos = 8th in the league and not cup final in sight.
Just saying like.

What exactly are you saying, like?
Henry David Thoreau

May 15, 2019, 11:36:53 PM
Reply #1271

Evertonian in NC

We can (and should) be looking at building a winning culture with a better dressing room than we have had.  Not feasible to just toss gobs of money at the biggest dickheads like Liverpool does.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 15, 2019, 11:59:27 PM
Reply #1272

American Evertonian

Haha, we called it Murderball here, iirc, and one team invariably had to play in skins (purely to differentiate between the two sides, obviously  :blush:) with kids that forgot their kits forced to play in just their underwear  :whistle:

The last thing the USA needs these days is something called Murderball. :X
Are we there yet?

May 15, 2019, 11:59:58 PM
Reply #1273

American Evertonian

We can (and should) be looking at building a winning culture with a better dressing room than we have had.  Not feasible to just toss gobs of money at the biggest dickheads like Liverpool does.

Even Salah is starting to look a lot more arrogant than he used to.
Are we there yet?

May 16, 2019, 12:02:18 AM
Reply #1274

gizzblue

Just saying like.

not to forget ....they've spent mahoooooisive amounts of money in the last few years and have a manager who's been there 4 odd years now ....where did Klopp finish in his first year?????......8th ..sounds like we are bang on track  :thumbsup: or you could say Silva is doing a better job than klopps first year they were never low enough to get the Rotund Gravy swiging Bung taker as their manager before he took over .

Just saying like lolol
Born not made a blue .